Aug 17, 2009, 04:05 AM
Go fast, turn hard
Thread OP
Discussion

A funny thing happened on the way to the slope.....

I have just returned from a two week slope/beach holiday in North Wales. I had an interesting experience on one of my flying days that you might find as funny as I did.

There was a storm coming in off Ireland and the winds swung around to the west. I loaded up some planes and headed for Annie's Farm. After the obligatory cup of coffee with Annie and catching up on family/friends since my last visit, I loaded on the backpack and headed for the cliff. I stopped in the sheep bowl and put together the Stingeron. The wind was a bit off to the left so I decided to head up to the point where the slope swings around to the south a bit.

As I got to the point, I could see something behind the berm to the rear of the landing area in the grassy bit. I headed that way to see if it was something to avoid on landing approach and found a couple having a picnic. They had champagne, sandwiches, chips, dip, etc....etc..... All in all a very nice little spread tastefully arranged on a big blanket. The only odd thing was that they were both naked as the day they were born!

When seeing me approach the bloke yelled "Do you mind!?" At a momentary loss for words, I finally said "not a bit" and altered course back to the edge of the cliff. I sat down with my back to them and started putting planes together. With much huffing, puffing and grumbling they got dressed and stomped off back down the coastal path about the time I launched my Wizard.

I do feel a bit bad that I spoiled their picnic, but I do wonder about their choice of location. This is Nt land with a popular coastal walking path running right through their spot. It seems a bit odd that they were surprised when someone happened by.

It was only later that I realized that my response should have been "No, I don't mind...you carry on"

Tailslide
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2009, 04:11 AM
If it can-it will!
Don't suppose you've got any pics......?
Aug 17, 2009, 04:15 AM
Go fast, turn hard
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger
Don't suppose you've got any pics......?

I wondered how long it would be before someone asked that! Sorry to dissapoint, I only have the video. "joke".

Aug 17, 2009, 04:30 AM
Twisted and Confused
Reminds me a little of a bloke who came across a couple of ladies and a gentleman involved in a 'compromising' situation while on the trek to a slope (it involved the 'gentleman' taking a video), the story is somewhere around here but I couldn't find it quickly.
Aug 17, 2009, 06:28 AM
de-registered abuser
I once saw a white bum from the cliff near my house when I was flying once. He seemed to be doing pushups by the look of it!

Worse part is, it's actually true
Aug 17, 2009, 07:02 AM
Same happened to me whilst walking to a slope called Nant y Gammar (again in North Wales) overlooking Llandudno. We were coming up towards an area thats called the 'Bomb Holes' where german bombers dumped their bombs whilst being attacked on a Liverpool bombing raid - I personally think that they are sink holes but thats by the by. Walking towards them noticed a bare backside in the crater - a couple again both in their adam and eve costumes, only problem was that I had about 8 school kids with me from the school gliding club they all thought it was hillarious, the couple ran away clutching clothing very red faced!
Aug 17, 2009, 08:57 AM
Objects in mirror are losing
Did you ask the guy if he brought enough for the whole class?
Latest blog entry: JW48 - Lightweight DS Build
Aug 17, 2009, 12:52 PM
__Jackass Savant__
He turned to the group and whispered:

Shhhh. We can't believe our luck. We've happened across the mating ritual of the rare white bummed gorilla. Look how majestic he looks. I'll try getting closer since this species doesn't attack. YEOW
Aug 17, 2009, 01:16 PM
Long to be flyin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDemery
... only problem was that I had about 8 school kids with me from the school gliding club ....
Hey JJ is that St Davids school?

Tony.
Aug 17, 2009, 01:21 PM
characters welcome!
Rule #1 at Torrey Pines: Don't look down when launching. (Black's Beach)

mw
Aug 17, 2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonsoarer
Hey JJ is that St Davids school?

Tony.
Got it in one Tony - hope it wasnt you in the bomb hole
Aug 17, 2009, 05:11 PM
Biting ankles since '53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDemery
Got it in one Tony - hope it wasnt you in the bomb hole

Is THAT how you spell it?
Aug 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
Fly low, fly fast
I've heard them called a lot of things... but bomb hole is a new one
Aug 17, 2009, 05:59 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Am struggling to work out what's uglier - some middle age pale male backside or one of my scratchbuilds....
Aug 17, 2009, 06:03 PM
Biting ankles since '53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry s
Am struggling to work out what's uglier - some middle age pale male backside or one of my scratchbuilds....
well you do live in Brighton mate.

Quick Reply