Poll edits? - RC Groups
Aug 15, 2009, 07:25 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Question

Poll edits?

Hello,
I need to add a few more lines to a poll I started. Is there a way to do that other than closing the thread and starting all over? I can find no way to make edits to the poll. Can you help me with this please?
Here: *EDIT: link updated: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 11, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2009, 06:33 AM
Hello,
Any suggestions please on how I can re-open the poll linked above so that I can add lines to it? The circumstance arises where some folks add to there inventory of quadrocopter models, but are locked out because the "already voted". I would like not to loose the current status of the poll by starting all over again. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Jim
Dec 11, 2009, 08:00 AM
RCGroups tech support
Are you sure it makes sense to edit poll once it has some votes? Note that it's not possible to change a vote that is already cast.
Dec 11, 2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Mike,
In this case yes, as it is more dynamic and changes over time. It is intended to be a way of showing the types of quadrocopter models owned in a list fashion and thus you might be adding a type you own later, so it would be a nice feature to allow folks to come back and add those different models as they are added to the list. This probably gets away from a poll of casting votes and is more of a dynamic list. It would be nice if the thread author could open it up and add lines to it and allow re-postings when new models are added. If there is a better way to do this, I am open to suggestions The link in my first posting here 118 days ago is superceded by this newer one (now 114 days old) I did so please look here so you can better see what the issue is: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kolesnikov
Are you sure it makes sense to edit poll once it has some votes? Note that it's not possible to change a vote that is already cast.
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 11, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
Dec 11, 2009, 11:06 AM
RCGroups tech support
Well, as I said, the votes can't be changed, and the regular members can't edit their ongoing polls.
I think you are trying to misuse the poll feature. It's not really intended to be used for the listing purposes. Why not just keep a list of the models in the first post?
Dec 11, 2009, 11:31 AM
Mike,
OK. But to be clear, it is not the votes that I want to change, it is the ability to add more models to the list for folks to acknowledge that they have. I do need something more than the current limited poll feature is capable of. It is rather cumbersome to restart it just to add a few more models to the list. I could probably link to a CGI on my server and re-post the list. Any other ideas?
Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kolesnikov
Well, as I said, the votes can't be changed, and the regular members can't edit their ongoing polls.
I think you are trying to misuse the poll feature. It's not really intended to be used for the listing purposes. Why not just keep a list of the models in the first post?