Aug 12, 2009, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

MIA microflight and shipping..

I just went to buy some landing gear skids for my 5G6, $9.99 for v2 seems fair, but the $29 shipping to Canada seems outrageous..

Does anyone know of a way to get them shipped cheaper than that, or other re-sellers that sell something similar and ship for less?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2009, 12:49 PM
Jesus Freak
http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/

i don't know what John charges for shipping to Canada though
Aug 12, 2009, 12:50 PM
not that i've found, although not looked lately - ridiculous isn't it.

I'd really like some of their stuff but i'm not paying their ridiculous shipping to the UK. I can get bigger and heavier stuff airmailed to the uk for less than 10 dollars!
Aug 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/

i don't know what John charges for shipping to Canada though
Doesnt he have a minimum order amount as well as high shipping?

Try emailing Mario and see if he can package it in an envalope. Thats what I did anyway and I too wanted 5G6 skids and he agreed to do that so he might do that for you.
Aug 12, 2009, 01:46 PM
Mario's S&H charges are steep for what you're getting. The only way I got my skids for my 5G6-1 was to go in with a guy who was ordering 3 other sets of landing gear and then we split the cost of S&H. He mailed me my skids in a plain envelope for 42 cents!!!!!!!
BTW, the 5G6 is a multi-rotor craft and that's another forum.
Aug 12, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thread OP
Whoops, I thought I clicked on the multi-rotor heli's forum...

I'll email him and see what he can do.
Aug 12, 2009, 02:44 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
I can ship small 8 oz boxed packages to canada for less than 4 bucks (First class) and for registered mail I think its another $11.50 added to that.
Aug 12, 2009, 09:36 PM
Cranky old fart
I use 4 x 7 bubblewrap envelopes for the adapters I make. I have shipped via USPS all over the world for under $2.50.
Aug 15, 2009, 03:23 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
The bubblewrapped envelopes I send would be around 4 x 7 also and I can post up to 50grams all around the world for $2.10 for the stamp and 95cents for the padded bag.
I don't go through all the hasstle of insurance though as it is mainly cheap items I post.
From memory,Mario insures what he sends to cover everyone.
Maybe you can arrange a cheaper option with Mario.He might consider sending the skids in a padded bag.They are TUFF skids anyway,So they really won't need extra wrapping.That might help with the labor side of postage anyway.
Regards Jason
Aug 16, 2009, 08:28 AM
SRB Quark, CB100, V911, Hub X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
I just went to buy some landing gear skids for my 5G6, $9.99 for v2 seems fair, but the $29 shipping to Canada seems outrageous..

Does anyone know of a way to get them shipped cheaper than that, or other re-sellers that sell something similar and ship for less?
I contacted Mario directly for my last order to the UK, and he reduced the shipping to $5 (regular mail, not recorded). Seems that his default international shipping is $29, to pay for bulky items or to make people group orders.
Aug 18, 2009, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the suggestion, I emailed them and it is being shipped much cheaper via regular mail!

Quick Reply