Jan 31, 2017, 10:35 AM
Anti-gravity = Lots of Watts
Certainly looks like a XB-70

Been following this guy; https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...oject-RC-XB-70
He's been progressively building bigger and bigger RC versions .... the latest WIP is HUGE, to be powered by 6x 90mm ducted units !!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2017, 05:48 PM
Look out for the mothership
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown
Is that an XB-70 in the second photo?
Certainly is. There aren't many ex USAF planes and ICBMS at aren't there.
Feb 03, 2017, 09:29 PM
Some promise of suitable wind this afternoon at Burns. Will post if I am heading there.
Feb 04, 2017, 12:30 AM
Will be at burns by 2 - 2:30
Feb 04, 2017, 09:06 PM

Flik maiden

Here is a short vid of Gnat's Flik maiden from yesterday.
Scaledown and I mixed it with some combat..... lets just say that I got savaged
But it was fun anyway.

The Yellow Baron rules (for now)

Flick slope soarer maiden (1 min 35 sec)
Last edited by Mrwaz; Feb 05, 2017 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Feb 04, 2017, 10:38 PM
absolutely maybe
Well done Gnat, looked great!
Feb 05, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thanks Waz & thanks PnB
Yes, was a handful for my second ever Slope Soaring session .... suspect this is more for the aerobatic types!
Anyhow, once I removed some nose weight and got used to it, was fun.
Made from Bunnings 3mm Coreflute, original design from the old Spad Slopers dot com web site, now only available via web-archive.
http://web.archive.org/web/200906082...lik/index.html

In the meantime ... some combat from the same day
.... and some pics of my next (foam) wing in construction ... potential candidate for combat !

2x Slope Combat Burns Beach (1 min 15 sec)
Feb 15, 2017, 07:59 PM
"The devil made me do it!"

Taiwan 2017 F3F Typhoon Race

Hi Everyone

I've received the below email from Tim Kullack looking for anyone interested in heading over to Taiwan for the F3F Typhoon Race in October 2017.
If anyone is interested please contact me and I'll pass on Tim's contact details.

Cheers
Nigel.M

Hi Guys,

Any interest from anyone to attend this 3 day f3f event in Taiwan last weekend of October ?
Still a long way off but thought I would ask the question.

Apparently this event is pretty awesome.
http://tr2017.dkdigital.net/assets/bulletin1.pdf
https://www.facebook.com/TyphoonRace2017/…

Regards
Tim Kullack
Feb 22, 2017, 06:45 AM
Sunday afternoon is shaping up as a sloping possibility for Burns. Best winds recently have been during work time.
Feb 25, 2017, 03:24 AM
Hi Mrwaz I'm very much a new bee. I was very interested in your construction photos of the foam wing. Is this foam available in Perth. Thanks Jerry.
Feb 25, 2017, 04:22 AM
absolutely maybe
Hi Jerryjan,

what are you flying or planning on flying?....there are some great starter (and cheap) alternatives that are quick and simple builds too

below is a thread that we also use with a lot of the same people from the Perth slope soaring thread.

we are all happy to help you where we can! (in either thread)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Thread/page32

Regards
Ian
Last edited by pistnbroke; Feb 25, 2017 at 04:32 AM.
Feb 25, 2017, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryjan
Hi Mrwaz I'm very much a new bee. I was very interested in your construction photos of the foam wing. Is this foam available in Perth. Thanks Jerry.
Hi Jerryjan. I think the photos you were looking at were from Gnat666. I believe that he bought the foam from Bunnings. Hoping to fly tomorrow afternoon at Burns Beach. You are welcome to come along and see the fun.
Feb 25, 2017, 07:20 AM
Hi thanks for your quick replies. Yes stupid me it was Gnat666 post. I am riding in a cycling event tomorrow. I was just doing some lurking in the Aussie thread. I have done Ric boats and cars along time ago. I am 63 and the but has bitten for model aircraft. I am learning with a high wing trainer at the moment. I keep crashing but am improving, especially at rebuilding. I do enjoy the modelling as much as the flying. Looking forward to building my own simple plane. I have followed a few wing builds but was unsure where to buy certain materials. I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. Cheers Jerry
Feb 25, 2017, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwaz
I believe that he bought the foam from Bunnings. .
Yep, large yellow foam sheets, comes in 2 thicknesses. Not the greatest foam for aircraft, but cheap and easy to work.
Feb 25, 2017, 11:49 PM
Certified User
Anyone heading to Burns this afternoon? Looks like conditions are coming good.

Quick Reply