Aug 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokejohnson
Nice
With the planes setup I was flying at less then half power most of the time

Im using a 2 cell 7.4 vol 500 mah (20c) pack and the gws 9047 prop is the same setup I fly on a slofly28 the plane has a AUW of only 6.1 oz with the pack about 7 so it's power to weight ratio is perfect

plane slows to a crawl and will handle a little wind nice. I like it as I can fly it in a tight area and have good control

Also lets me hand launch from a smaller area that a big plane would just not work.
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2009, 06:50 PM
3D wannabe
I will be using a similar Turnigy motor but I will be using a 1000mah 2S. That is the battery I use for combat so I already have 6 packs that size. I will be using the same esc but I am thinking I will run a ubec. I will be running my lights off of the receiver and I will be using an AR6100e with 2 9gr Hex servos...I don't want any brown outs .
Aug 18, 2009, 10:51 PM
Checking the wind
I built one a lot like yours. Actually I rescued this one from the trash. It didn't have a wing so I built a KF2 for it. It really flys sweet with the new wing and can handle a lot of wind.

Like yours, I completely gutted out the inside.

The wing cord on mine is only 5.75 inches. I placed the trailing edge to the origional position on the fuse and then used sheet foam on the top of the nose. The effect is a longer nose. Much easier to get the CG right as the origional has a super short nose.

This one is a beast! Climbs like mad. Can go real fast but still slows down to nothing if you want it to. Turns on a dime with no tendency to stall or drop a wing when flying low and slow. I really like this airplane.

I agree. These are still great little kits!
Last edited by kansascloud; Aug 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
Aug 18, 2009, 11:11 PM
Yes they are, I'm shocked that GWS does not make more small planes like this now that the brushless motors are so small and can make these little planes shine.

they could do a couple more models this size and like I bought mine go with the NPS version (no power system) and let us do stuff like this.
Aug 19, 2009, 03:35 AM
A very good idea ! Thank you
The Pico Stick one with a small brushless motor and 2S Lipo is easy to build, easy to fly and easy to access.

Chen
Aug 19, 2009, 02:07 PM

So the 3D conversion has started

I made a set of wings out of 1.3# 9mm epp foam the wingspan is right at 30" for the first test setup.

here are a few pictures of the concept.

plane is only at 6.0 oz with the new wing so AUW should be ok.
Aug 19, 2009, 03:48 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer
Yes they are, I'm shocked that GWS does not make more small planes like this now that the brushless motors are so small and can make these little planes shine.

they could do a couple more models this size and like I bought mine go with the NPS version (no power system) and let us do stuff like this.

Yes! We did some smaller airplanes designed.

Just the bad economics, made GWS slow down to satrt those toolings.

Sorry.
Aug 19, 2009, 05:45 PM
3D wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer
I made a set of wings out of 1.3# 9mm epp foam the wingspan is right at 30" for the first test setup.

here are a few pictures of the concept.

plane is only at 6.0 oz with the new wing so AUW should be ok.
LOL I like it, looking forward to the video.
Aug 19, 2009, 05:58 PM

more pictures

Ok I have to be honest I took it out and have flown this setup with no paint on it and it was crazy real funny seeing my GWS Pico StickF doing rolls and flying inverted (does not hover all that great but I was not looking for that just wanted a plane that I could roll and do more with total cost of material was

1. sheet epp foam $6.00
1. 5 gram servo $5.00
1. carbon rod $4.00

I designed the parts using google sketchup (sorry no planes) if you want one Im going to offer a small kit for like $15.00 as a upgrade.

want to get some good video first so stay tuned.

I want to call the new plane Pico Extreme F

More pictures.
Aug 20, 2009, 03:25 AM
Houng-wen Lin
We will make this type to be with EPO foam, yet a new tooling for solid wing in EPO as well.

The wings will be symetrical and semi-symetrical two choice.

May be should even come with long wing as motorized glider.
Aug 20, 2009, 10:54 PM
Checking the wind

New Wing

Glad to hear your new wing flew well. It seems as though we are both on the same track. I like my little red three channel one so well with the KF2 wing that I started building another very simular to yours with a KF4 wing. The wing is finished and it looks super! Mine is 36 inches long but with only a 5.5 inch cord. Should have a new fuse kit tomorrow. Hope to have it flying soon. Of course I will post some photos when it is finished.
Aug 20, 2009, 11:35 PM
RCflyerJR
Hay there

Cool mods looking forward to the video

Dude where did you get that color? Itís it's mesmerizing man!

Is it airbrushed or from a can.
Aug 23, 2009, 11:37 PM
Video is up bet you never thought you would see a GWS pico f do ths!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB08W75QJ2Y
Aug 24, 2009, 12:21 AM
Woodsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
We will make this type to be with EPO foam, yet a new tooling for solid wing in EPO as well.

The wings will be symetrical and semi-symetrical two choice.

May be should even come with long wing as motorized glider.
Yes, good idea Mr lin also may be Biplane version
Sep 13, 2009, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmc7olMz7Wk

Prof that you don't need a big plane anymore to shot onboard video.

And the Pico Stick F can land just about anywhere.