Dec 15, 2010, 03:18 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmHolt
Very cool first post! Welcome to the forum.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2010, 08:07 AM
UAS Test Pilot
Very nice!

Thank You!
Dec 15, 2010, 08:36 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
Is this radio really that hard to program? I started following this thread after deciding this will probably be my next radio but seems like every post is someone struggling with programming. My futaba 6 and 7 channel radios have been easy to program, I would think this one would be just as easy if not easier??
Dec 15, 2010, 08:43 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
In my opinion it's easier to program than my 6EX. There are just a lot more options, so it can likewise be more involved. It's just part of the learning curve.

I know I highly recommend the 8FG. If I didn't have it, it'd be the first thing I buy. I've seriously considered getting a second one as backup, and I may yet.
Dec 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie
Is this radio really that hard to program? I started following this thread after deciding this will probably be my next radio but seems like every post is someone struggling with programming. My futaba 6 and 7 channel radios have been easy to program, I would think this one would be just as easy if not easier??

Compared to the 7C's 8U's and 9C's radios, the 8FG is very easy radio to program.

Doug.
Dec 15, 2010, 10:19 AM
If this is the first Futaba radio for someone then it maybe difficult to program at first. I used to have a 9Z as my first radio and I thought that was difficult to program. The 8FG is a lot easier. In my case, I just follow the on-screen navigation and do it one step at a time.

What's difficult for me was to understand what some function does as it relates to the controls in the model. The manual is lacking in this area.
Dec 15, 2010, 11:10 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys.
Dec 15, 2010, 12:48 PM
numnutchris
Quote:
I agree 100% with Wrend! 8FG is much easier to program than 6EX if using the same setups/ planes with both radios. But if you are going more complex I believe most people soon run into difficulties. The 8FG manual is very poor but with aid from eg. this forum, and also the fact the Tx is very flexible, most issues are resolved pretty soon. (flexible = you can accomplish the same tasks in different ways within the Tx:s menus/software). After Id laid my hands on one some members in our club have upgraded too and some consider to do so, and I still believe it is one of the best midrage Tx:es out there (but still no telemetrey). Also compared to the 7ch it is easier, with the same 'but' as above.
Last edited by numnutchris; Dec 15, 2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Dec 15, 2010, 02:23 PM
Ook!
Quote:
Thanks for putting my mind at ease guys.
Yeah, it's not intuitive, but once you get the hang of it (and people in this thread will help if you have questions) it's a great radio and is real value for money IMHO
Dec 15, 2010, 02:46 PM
Stable genius
Setting up simple things like elevons or dual rates are much more difficult with the 8FG due to the great number of options, but complex things like snap flaps are vastly simpler and more intuitive. There's not much logic in comparing a 6/7CH radio to the 8FG though, it's like comparing a wristwatch to a notebook computer -- both are good at displaying the time but have nothing else in common.
Dec 15, 2010, 05:36 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Maybe I find the 8FG programming to be more intuitive and simple than some others do. So in that regard, I stand by what I said, because it has been my experience.

I also don't think comparing the 6EX to the 8FG is meaningless (nor illogical), because that is the transmitter progression I took with the FASST system, and they're both used to accomplish the same tasks, only the 8FG is significantly more capable, has more options, and in my opinion it is easier and more intuitive to program many of the same functions on.

Oh well. To each their own.
Dec 15, 2010, 05:57 PM
Ook!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend
Oh well. To each their own.
Well said, this site needs more of that sentiment
Dec 26, 2010, 09:44 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peña

A little help please

Hi All,

I'm posting here to see if I can find help with this issue but if I'm in the wrong thread please let me know and I will post in the right one.

I have 2A+1F aircraft program with 4 servos, flaps on a Y harness (not enough channels in my receiver). I have re-assigned my flap function from the default dial to 3-position SB with up being no flaps, center being take-off and down being landing flaps.

I am trying to enable slow flap motion using the Airbrake function. On page 1 I have left everything on +0. On page 2 I have set Act to ON and Speed Flap to 27 (both others 0). Unfortunately when I throw the SB noting different happens, the flaps move at the same speed as before.

Any tips or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

On a separate note, I've owned both a 6EX, two 7C and sold them all in favor of my 8FG. I love the 8FG, love the shape and feel, love the external memory card option and most of all, love the programming, it just makes sense

Regards,

- Birger
Dec 27, 2010, 03:15 PM

Spare or Backup Futaba 8FG – ANYBODY???

Does anybody have an "extra" or backup Futaba 8FG?

I know some one that is willing to see how it compares to the 8UAP/8UHP and it it is close, then modify Don Edberg's book on the 8UAP/8UHP.

I thought that I had one, but got scammed on rcgroups.
Dec 28, 2010, 06:34 AM

T8FG with Lithium Ion battery

When I bought my T8FG, I got the version with the original 2800mAh LiIo battery and R6108SB receiver. The transmitter has now been on for a total of slightly more than 11 hours before the 6.8V battery alarm sounded!

The 11 hours have mostly been with the backlight on (learning the radio) but sadly little flying (winter...).

Excellent value!

Quick Reply