Sep 09, 2010, 09:16 AM
I recieved my T8FG yesterday. Awesome product, and glad I opted for this rather than the t10CG.

I think it smore futureproof than the T10 is currently.

and the 1700mA.hr NiMH pack kept mebuying Futaba after I considered other brands due to battery issues with my T6EX (600mA.hr NicAD)

niceone Futaba. Faith restored
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2010, 11:55 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Yeah, the 8FG is a great radio. Coming from the 6EX, you'll be amazed by all the programming features it has when you start playing around with them.

As for the stock 6EX battery pack, look into replacing it with one made of Eneloop cells if you still plan to use the radio at all. Twelve hours of run time that's ready to go whenever you need it isn't too shabby. Here's some more info: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1078898
Sep 09, 2010, 02:17 PM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
I recieved my T8FG yesterday. Awesome product, and glad I opted for this rather than the t10CG.

I think it smore futureproof than the T10 is currently.

and the 1700mA.hr NiMH pack kept mebuying Futaba after I considered other brands due to battery issues with my T6EX (600mA.hr NicAD)

niceone Futaba. Faith restored
I have them both, well, actually the module based 10C, and I believe you made the right decision - In my opinion the 8 is the best mid- and allround Tx today. If you get stuck they usually reply quickly at Futaba's official thread at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/tt.a...mode=1&smode=1
Sep 09, 2010, 02:22 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Also, don't forget to update the 8FG to the newest software version 2.1. It adds in a few new cool features.
Sep 10, 2010, 01:33 PM
ah, new software already. Better get a dedicated sd card for it then. The programming is so easy to get around, i've aready loaded my Escapade and extra to the memory. Figured the flaperons once i cottoned on to the logic.
Sep 10, 2010, 01:43 PM
i am using a Hyperion 9.9V life battery in my 6Ex. Works great but alters balance of the tx.
I did not realise how limiting the 6EX is compared to the 8FG.
I will use the 6EX to teach my wife and others at the club. Still have my trainer so it will earn its keep now.
Last edited by TimBle; Sep 10, 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: editing double post
Sep 12, 2010, 07:02 PM
So now I have the v2.1 loaded and have been reviewing the changes. Has anyone played with the NT (nuetral) setting in the Dual Rate function?? At first I thought, this is neat, you can have a new trim setting with the DR switch activation. For example, lets say if you needed a trim change with a change in rate sensitivity, for a different air speed. However, what I think I have discovered is this is not like a trim setting. The NT amount moves the control surface but does not change the servo end points as would a trim adjustment. In a way you could say this only effects movement at or around the nuetral position. Am I understanding this correctly?
Sep 14, 2010, 03:30 PM
sounds about right. Only End Point adjust will alter the servo's total travel.
Sep 15, 2010, 12:48 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
Neutral changes where along its travel a channel centers. End Point Travel sets the channel's throw limit for direct input, and End Point Limit sets the channel's maximum throw limit including mixes. It's as it should be, in my opinion. After all, your elevator or whatnot can only physically travel so far. You can still use the Neutral setting as a kind of trim for different airspeeds and the like. Don't forget that you have the Dual Rate throws themselves and can use expo to change stick sensitivity around its center on either or both sides of the channel's travel too, if you want.

Having all these settings pretty much gets rid of the need for conditions in airplane mode, at least for me. The only thing I could want more might be gear and flap speed delay, and a transition delay setting for the Neutral position in Dual Rates, though there is speed delay for each of the main control surfaces when using the Airbrake function and for throttle too.
Last edited by Wrend; Sep 15, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
Sep 16, 2010, 07:43 AM
ah yes airbrake, I need to work on that tonight. The possibilities this radio opens is staggering!
Sep 16, 2010, 05:19 PM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbender View Post
Got a link to Hobby King this morning about this Rx. Sure looks interesting. Anyone know more about it?
Ive done some range tests with the six Ive obtained, linked to my T8FG in both 7CH and MULTI-CH mode.
And the clone feels rock solid. I walked a lot with my test setup in one hand and the cellphone in my other with my buddy in the BT headset and got past the point where the Assans usually give up and the 6014 begins to indicate errors (but still works). Further on, past the point where all Futabas (I only have 6,7 and 12CH Futaba RX:es) usually have given up, and a little bit more where my Coronas stop. But then I did not care to walk too much further as the clones indicated lots of errors, servos & motor still moving but with very slow responses.
Well, at least I got some exercise as I brought the RX:es out one by one. I have only installed the clone in one plane so far, but havent done too much flight testing as the weather has gone really bad. The only cons Ive found are they have no case yet, only shrink wrap, and when linked in 7CH mode it might cause servo failure itīs if accidentally hooked up on to the 8th.
Sep 16, 2010, 05:54 PM
Just curious about these clones. In multi mode do the programmable fail safes work on all 8 channels?
Pete
Sep 17, 2010, 01:14 AM
numnutchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Just curious about these clones. In multi mode do the programmable fail safes work on all 8 channels?
Pete
As far as I can tell they work acc. to the RX manual, and yes, on all 8.
Last edited by numnutchris; Sep 17, 2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: typo
Sep 17, 2010, 01:14 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
I wouldn't have as much confidence in them as my genuine Futaba FASST receivers. The cost of Futaba RXs hasn't ever been a deal breaker for me. Maybe if I ever get into foamies I'll consider picking up generic RXs for them.

As for the performance and reliability of the generic RXs, I'll believe it when I see it, and I don't plan on seeing it any time soon.
Sep 17, 2010, 02:50 PM
numnutchris
Well I found them interesting as they seem to perform very well and the pricing is approx. 5:1 minus the S-BUS so Iīve ordered a module of their own system and intend to put a third antenna into my 8FG.

Quick Reply