Chenango Bridge annual IMAA Giant scale fly @ Chenango Bridge NY - RC Groups
Aug 09, 2009, 11:01 AM
Just Plane Crazy
Discussion

Chenango Bridge annual IMAA Giant scale fly @ Chenango Bridge NY

Hello all:

I spent some time at the Chenango Bridge annual IMAA Giant scale fly @ Chenango Bridge NY on Saturday and had a great time. I met many new friends and got some great photos as well.

I thought I would get this thread started with what I call a teaser photo as I have many more to post.

I will finish my photo uploads a little later as I took over 300 of them and it takes time to edit the ones I want to upload.

Ta Ta for now.
Paul
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2009, 09:29 AM

Good Show!

I've been going to the Chenango IMAA meets for 25 years, and Saturday was the best turnout in a while.

There was so much action that I missed this Rascal. Did you get info on the engine?

I took some pix of the Ziroli Stuka - perfectly flown by John Kohler - but I'll wait for you to post yours.

Mr B
Aug 10, 2009, 07:59 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Mr B:

There was so much going on it was impossible to catch it all so I did not get any information on the Rascal. Sorry. Here is another Pic of the Rascal.

I did not catch any photos of the Ziroli Stuka, so please share them with us.

Paul
Aug 10, 2009, 08:11 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Hello all:

I arrived at Chenango Bridge annual IMAA Giant scale fly @ Chenango Bridge NY hosted by the Binghamton Aeros just before the pilot’s meeting around 9:30 AM. I had to grab my camera quick to capture this tribute flite.

I am told the Cub was the last model built by long time club member Dick Wilson that passed away in the fall of 2008. Dick was a key member and was a major contributor in the maintenance of the field/Airport. Mr. Wilson also was a licensed pilot. His wife is still an active member of the club.

I am further told that Dick is very missed by the membership.
Aug 10, 2009, 08:32 PM
Just Plane Crazy
I am going to post my photos in groups.

This group is of an SNJ6 owned by:
Larry Alles of Chalont, Pa. Larry’s SNJ6 has a 130 inch wingspan, powered by an RCS-250, weighs in at 53 pounds and has Gene Barton Retracts. The plane was built from enlarged Ziroli plans ant took Larry 1 year to build.
Aug 10, 2009, 08:46 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Oops, I got ahead of myself. I left out the Piolt’s meeting!

A small problem came up for the playing of the National Anthem, It would not play! Solution; the MC sang it himself. Great job and save.
Aug 10, 2009, 09:04 PM
Just Plane Crazy
This next group is of the 43% Carden Extra 260 that was brought by Steve Swan of Meriden Ct.

Steve’s Extra has a 126 inch wingspan, is 118 inches long, is powered by a DA 150 and weighs in at 38 ½ pounds. It took Steve 250 hours to build from a Carden Kit.
Aug 10, 2009, 09:22 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Tony Steiner of Cortland NY brought along three of his beauties.

From left to right is his Top Flite Mustang ARF. Tony’s Mustang has a 85 inch span, powered by a Brison 3.2 and weighs in at 23.3 pounds.

Center is an Extra 260 Dietich ARF with an 86 inch wingspan, power plant is a BME 50 and weighs in at 17 ¼ pounds.

On the right is a Giles G-200. Wingspan is 111 inches powered by a 3W150 and 32 X 10 Menz Prop. The model was purchased from a modeler that scratch built it and weighs in at 42 ½ pounds.
Last edited by datazman; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Aug 10, 2009, 09:33 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Now would be a good time for a few pics of the Flite line.