I wanna fly like this
Hey RUB,
Where is that soccer park?

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2011, 08:28 PM
New Beeeeee
Bob,

It at Whitelock  parkway &. Franklin high Rd. Down Bruceville go to all the new houses.
It's super cool!
Aug 14, 2011, 09:49 PM
New Beeeeee
This is from today at Elk Grove mall

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJclone?feature=mhee
Aug 27, 2011, 06:44 PM
I wanna fly like this
Does anyone still fly at Sutter's Landing?
Aug 27, 2011, 07:54 PM
New Beeeeee
I don't know. Haven't seen anyone flying around anywhere.
Aug 28, 2011, 12:12 AM
I fly a couple of places in Folsom. There's a new home construction site that was cleared and leveled but nothing built there. It's rectangular and about six soccer fields big. Tonight I flew off the hill over Folsom looking toward downtown (you can see the big buildings from there). There are streets up there with very few homes and lots of wide open space to launch with the edge being twenty feet from where I parked. Very convenient. Beautiful view at sunset. This evening the wind was mild, maybe 5 mph so there was a little bit of slope soaring available but power was needed to climb back up. Even so, I flew until I was tired on only half a battery since I was only using the motor occasionally.
Sep 01, 2011, 12:17 PM
Suspended Account
markan;

could you share details how to get to those nice flying sites, please.
thanks
Sep 01, 2011, 05:23 PM
10^27
If you guys are into night flying, a few pilots like to meet up on Friday and Saturday nights on the southern portion of East Commerce Way 95835 in North Natomas. The street itself runs parallel to I-5 and can easily be accessed from the Arena Blvd exit. They use the empty intersection as a runway, so make sure you've got a plane with landing gear unless you don't mind road rash on your belly lander.

(I didn't record this video, but it's the best one i've found on youtube)
UFO's spotted over Sacramento (1 min 33 sec)
Last edited by hellabytes; Sep 01, 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: (location update)
Sep 02, 2011, 10:22 PM
New Beeeeee
anyone want to fly tomorrow morning? 8am Elk
Grove?
Sep 03, 2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLife
Does anyone still fly at Sutter's Landing?
HighLife, I've been on Jury Duty this week with 1.5 hour lunch breaks, so you KNOW what I was thinking! I took my little KESL wing out to Sutter's Landing...looked around...and left :-) It was so freakin hot out there and I don't have wheels for parking lot landing. My Super Cub might be a good one to fly from there, but it is so incredibly exposed out there.

On my way back down into the neighborhood I noticed that HUGE baseball park right in front of the B Street Theatre. I parked and flew for about 20 minutes right there! It was a perfect spot to fly the wing and I was standing in the shade of a huge tree the entire time.

I'm heading back over there on Tuesday from 12:30 - 1:00 or so for another round of city park flying.
Sep 04, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Rub:

Could not make it that day, but Labor Day morning is looking like a good possibility at Grant Line. Anyone else?

I live close to , and frequent Bartholomew sports park (38.391657,-121.424439) to fly my Yak, that sports park is perfect for 3D foamies, and other small electric parkflyers. For others who maybe interested, be sure to use the back where the two soccer fields are back to back (huge area!). There's usually games/events going on during the evenings with hordes of people, and most of the day weekends, but you can most likely have it all to yourself on weekday mornings and afternoons.

The availability is also more likely throughout the week during the winter months when outdoor sports are offseason. I think it would be great/fun/cool to have a bunch of guys w/3D foamies in the air on calm winter days. Its all astro-turf so its clean, there's no muddy field to deal with, and bathrooms are nearby.

Jerry
Last edited by compass; Sep 04, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
Sep 04, 2011, 04:27 PM
Axle209
My friend and I are looking for fields in Sacramento or Folsom area. I see that the Grante Park fields in Sacramento are closed. Looks like flying there you would be trespassing PC 602. Does anybody know of other fields other than Elk Grove?

Thanks
Sep 04, 2011, 04:31 PM
New Beeeeee
I'm going to now to fly in elk grove big horn and EG blvd. Or the abandon mallmall
Sep 04, 2011, 05:05 PM
New Beeeeee
Well, I drove to the unfinished elf grove mall and probably gonna fly big horn and elk grove blvd. There are tons of open lots there and nice landing spots.
Sep 04, 2011, 07:58 PM
New Beeeeee
Video from my area, I fly here everyday after work.

Extra 300 PDF plans 40% large (6 min 23 sec)
Last edited by RUBNorris; Sep 04, 2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: wrong Video file

Quick Reply