Aug 08, 2009, 11:37 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Former evangellical dishes on conservitives current condition!

This link contains an article that is a must read. It was written by Francis Schaeffer. His father is the "father" of evangelical political movment.
It provides great insight into the motivations of the gop and conservitives in this country. No wonder they are loosing it.

http://www.alternet.org/healthwellne...s/?page=entire
Aug 09, 2009, 12:33 AM
fix-it-up chappie
Pretty sad to read.
Aug 09, 2009, 12:45 AM
Wow that is really scary. Thanks for posting it.
Aug 09, 2009, 12:56 AM
Thread OP
Sad? Maybe. Scary? Yes.
Aug 09, 2009, 03:29 AM
Suspended Account
Seems the 2 party war is getting close to a full tilt boogie!
The division widens with the continuous "marketing" we are exposed to from both on a daily basis.The tension is rising with the tactics from both sides.

It has become so violent from both sides that it can only be a short time before use of state power to to enforce their views is used.

The Left to force the acceptance of gay relationships as equal to traditional marriage and bans on free speech on abortion and other subjects and so forth and so on.

The Right to jail flag burners ,abortion and enforce prayer and so on and so forth.

My daughter cracked me up the other day when she said something to the effect that if it all does not blow up in a major way she is going to be disappointing. After all the feverish tension and suspense of recent time.
Civil war-something.
She wants entertainment dang it!
If not she will feel cheated after all this.

Yes OUR NATION is insane.

Ye Ha!
What next

WMW
Last edited by WildManWillie; Aug 09, 2009 at 04:14 AM.
Aug 09, 2009, 03:39 AM
Suspended Account
I don't know what to personally make of that link.

Sad for sure.... True???

Not by my observations.
Aug 09, 2009, 04:11 AM
Suspended Account
Were going to turn into werewolf's if we don't get some sleep Bill

Werewolf
Man
Werewolf
WMW

Woof woof!
Aug 09, 2009, 04:19 AM
Suspended Account
I usually stay up all night,
I work at night and am so very tired of switching back and fourth every weekend so I quit.
I've got a bunch of guitars, amps, mics and a looping station that I will be playing around with for the rest of the night.

I'm on a Paul Simon musical adventure currently.
Loving it but missing my Banjo..
Aug 09, 2009, 08:45 AM
WAA-08 Survivor
Ah, the unhappy angry liberal viewpoint.

They keep claiming that the right wants the "country to fail"

No, thats exactly the opposite of what even the most crazy town hall shout'n guy wants. Sorry to disturb your worldview, but please consider that there are people who really do think differently than you. They are not "evil" .

Also, the lefty race card is predictably used in the article:

"I know what happened to him, Gingrich and the rest: They can't compute that their white man-led conservative revolution is dead. They can't reconcile their idea of themselves with the fact that white men like them don't run the country any more -- and never will again."

Ah, the angry cynicism in that statement reminds me of my liberal youth. They actually are paying so much to skin color, that they think others do to. Even the nutty Glen Beck would be supporting a black guy who shares his views.

Sherlock:
What is sad is how tirelessly you work to portray the right as a dark force in your threads. Rather than attack the logic of the policy and ideas, you go to all lengths to point out the worst behavior of it's individuals and try to spin a whole party has having such characteristics. I bet you have no idea how weak this approach is as form of argument.

Maybe your next thread should be explaining exactly why you want the government to control everything and why high taxes are better.

-Steve
Aug 09, 2009, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
Ah, the unhappy angry liberal viewpoint.

They keep claiming that the right wants the "country to fail"

No, thats exactly the opposite of what even the most crazy town hall shout'n guy wants. Sorry to disturb your worldview, but please consider that there are people who really do think differently than you. They are not "evil" .

Also, the lefty race card is predictably used in the article:

"I know what happened to him, Gingrich and the rest: They can't compute that their white man-led conservative revolution is dead. They can't reconcile their idea of themselves with the fact that white men like them don't run the country any more -- and never will again."

Ah, the angry cynicism in that statement reminds me of my liberal youth. They actually are paying so much to skin color, that they think others do to. Even the nutty Glen Beck would be supporting a black guy who shares his views.

Sherlock:
What is sad is how tirelessly you work to portray the right as a dark force in your threads. Rather than attack the logic of the policy and ideas, you go to all lengths to point out the worst behavior of it's individuals and try to spin a whole party has having such characteristics. I bet you have no idea how weak this approach is as form of argument.

Maybe your next thread should be explaining exactly why you want the government to control everything and why high taxes are better.

-Steve
The son of the "father" of evangelical conservitives a "liberal"!!?? That is hilarous. I knew it would not take long.

Rush and others have said explicitly that they want Obama to fail. The leaders in the republican party have not denounced any of this crazy behavior as of late. I will counter it when I see it. The right is not offering any policy or ideas for me to examine. They are only obstructing by any meands necessary.

This link is from a former LEADER in the evangelical movement in his own words.
Aug 09, 2009, 01:10 PM
Creations Aberration
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildManWillie
It has become so violent from both sides that it can only be a short time before use of state power to to enforce their views is used.

The Left to force the acceptance of gay relationships as equal to traditional marriage and bans on free speech on abortion and other subjects and so forth and so on.
Yes violence is expecting you to recognize Equal Protection Under the Law. Gosh darn that pesky Constitution with its talk of equality & all.
So yes you'll have to accept gays getting married, just like you had to accept equal rights for woman & minorities. Deal with it
Oh & I don't recall how the first amendment gives you the right to harass & intimidate.
Heres another good link about the American Taliban...
http://www.theocracywatch.org/
Don't overlook how this all ties in with the "C" Street & "Family" mob & how they express the belief that they're gods chosen & what ever crime they commit is justified as they are the arbitrators of gods will.
Very demented people, they're the ones who need health care, mental health care.
Oh & a vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E1SLJgATvM
No Peace
K~
Aug 09, 2009, 01:18 PM
Suspended Account
I'd imagine he is sort of a Dick Morris. Worked for the 'other' side, now spends time bashing them.

Didn't read all of it, as it was far to full of propaganda over substance.

Quote:
Oh & I don't recall how the first amendment gives you the right to harass & intimidate.
It seems it did for the Black Panthers that were outside of polling stations.
Aug 09, 2009, 01:22 PM
Creations Aberration
Like I said these people need mental health care.
Quote:
The religious right is ramping up its campaign against health care reform, even joining with the “tea party” movement to encourage conservative Christians to swamp town hall meetings. Minnesota’s religious right leaders say that the health care reform package is against God’s plan for health care and that Christians should go to community forums and “read them the riot act.”
http://minnesotaindependent.com/4136...st-gods-design
Hard to believe people this stupid still exist in this day & age.
No Peace
K~
Aug 09, 2009, 01:27 PM
Creations Aberration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
I'd imagine he is sort of a Dick Morris. Worked for the 'other' side, now spends time bashing them.

Didn't read all of it, as it was far to full of propaganda over substance.

It seems it did for the Black Panthers that were outside of polling stations.
Link please...Back up your assertions that the BP's were "intimidating" people vs maybe they were there to be sure the minority voters weren't intimidated from voting.
I wont hold my breath , as usual.
No Peace
K~
Hey where's the X-29?
Aug 09, 2009, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Sometimes is better to not destroy the fantasy world some others live in.

Quick Reply