Aug 06, 2009, 09:33 PM
Registered Abuser
Thread OP
Discussion

Help me solve this problem.. ESC?, BEC? or RX?

Last week, flying a funjet on 4s, using a CC 80 amp esc and CCBEC, and AR6200 rx. Flying close by, all the sudden the motor shuts down but I still have power to dead stick it.

The ESC is beeping four times every few seconds. I could not find much information on the CC website or the net...

A few days ago. Same plane, batt and setup.. doing a high speed turn (125mph) far from me (about 500-700 feet) all the sudden, the motor still running but there is no controls and the plain continues in a high speed turn and into the ground no matter what I tried to do to correct it.

I initially, I blamed a lockout on the AR6200

But after trying to build a new funjet.. Had everything connected, I then pulled the CC BEC wire to the RX.. no power to the RX, no controls. I then replugged it while still connected, bingo.. full controls, and four beeps from the CC ESC.. Reproduction of at least the original problem.

So the question.. What caused this?
1. Low voltage? then no power to rx? Why? Avoid the AR6200 and use AR7000 instead????
2. CC BEC did not work properly?
3. CC ESC? I dont think so.
4. AR6200 low tolerance to changes in voltage?

I am not trying to fault anyone, just trying not to make the same mistake again..

Any input would be greatly appreciated...
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply