Oct 10, 2010, 07:03 PM
Turn 'N Burn
Scott,
That does look pretty fast, nicely done! What is your wingspan?

Head, that Skyray looks/sounds a lot like mine, same powerplant, great parkjet setup!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2010, 01:10 AM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus
I have often thought about a larger 4S depron pusher jet, do you double the 6mm up on the wings etc? what about the strength etc?

Scott.
My 28" Skyray has a KF4 style wing. This adds strength and was the favoured KF when RC Powers tested various KF configurations on a pusher jet

KF Airfoil Testing!!! (see sidebar) (9 min 25 sec)

Head
Oct 11, 2010, 02:16 AM
Scott Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper8
Scott,
That does look pretty fast, nicely done! What is your wingspan?

Head, that Skyray looks/sounds a lot like mine, same powerplant, great parkjet setup!
Trooper, mines built per plan . . .

I got a friend to launch mine the first time round, just over half throttle at 45 deg angle an all was good, still got a little bit of right hand torque roll but as long your aware of its not a problem.

After that I was launching it my self, we call it the "SL" self launch . . .

It truely is a speed demon and the faster you fly it the better it is and the better it looks! I love it, as did everyone else watching

Scott.
Last edited by siddus; Oct 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Oct 11, 2010, 10:01 PM
Turn 'N Burn
Wow, I wished we lived closer! I'm about to pull the damaged prototype BAE Hawk airframe #1 down from the garage ceiling and put that much power on it! ERUJI, you want it back for a while?

BTW, I vote for the KF4 too, awesome.

Quote:
Trooper, mines built per plan . . .

I got a friend to launch mine the first time round, just over half throttle at 45 deg angle an all was good, still got a little bit of right hand torque roll but as long your aware of its not a problem.

After that I was launching it my self, we call it the "SL" self launch . . .

It truely is a speed demon and the faster you fly it the better it is and the better it looks! I love it, as did everyone else watching

Scott.
Oct 11, 2010, 10:04 PM
Turn 'N Burn

inspiration

inspiration
Oct 12, 2010, 02:39 AM
Scott Quinn
What set up are you going to put in it?

Scott.
Oct 12, 2010, 02:16 PM
Turn 'N Burn
I like the 2212-06 5x5, but there are several planes ahead of that in the pipeline
Oct 16, 2010, 10:35 AM
Scott Quinn
Guys just got back from the field after putting about 15 more flights on my Hawk . . . this thinng is pin sharp, got the low inverted passes to a T now - its ultra stable both ways up and so so predictable at speed. Got the landings sorrted now as well

I have flown worse pattern models costing $$$'s . . .

Cuban 8's, bunts etc etc are just so precise - I can see why the Red Arrows use them . . .

Congrats to the designer, this is by far the best flying most exhilariating foamie I have built to date . . . Im loving the 2212-06 with 6x4APCe and 150g 3S pack combo

Im hoping to get some better video of mine tomorrow . . .

For the money and time involved in this one, it is utterly awsome!

Scott.
Oct 17, 2010, 07:25 AM
Yesterday, saturday afternoon I started cutting mine.

Some pics attached.

Will continue when free time permit (today is mother day here and also flight day)
Oct 17, 2010, 10:29 AM
Turn 'N Burn
Great news! I'd love to see some more video!
I wonder that ERUJI will have for us next??

Quote:
Guys just got back from the field after putting about 15 more flights on my Hawk . . . this thinng is pin sharp, got the low inverted passes to a T now - its ultra stable both ways up and so so predictable at speed. Got the landings sorrted now as well

I have flown worse pattern models costing $$$'s . . .

Cuban 8's, bunts etc etc are just so precise - I can see why the Red Arrows use them . . .

Congrats to the designer, this is by far the best flying most exhilariating foamie I have built to date . . . Im loving the 2212-06 with 6x4APCe and 150g 3S pack combo

Im hoping to get some better video of mine tomorrow . . .

For the money and time involved in this one, it is utterly awsome!

Scott.
Oct 17, 2010, 11:45 AM
Scott Quinn
10 flights later with some left thrust and the reversals were spot on . . . Started chasing birds and it all ended in tears . . . Ill have it repaired during the week . . .

The left thrust (2 small thin washers) makes the verticals vertical

Thanks again for an excellent plan

Scott.
Oct 18, 2010, 04:26 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
whoops, life got a bit hectic.. forgot to check in on this thread,

Scott.. thanks for the kind words and video. looks like your bird is fast enough to keep it interesting. Your hot landings must be from the weight of your setup. The original was very light. I was able to kite it into the wind 5 feet off the ground when we worked out some motor problems on the maiden.

popedan, sorry to hear about the maiden. looks easily repairable though. the ultralight craft looks like a lot of fun.

garduino, love that phase of the build. keep us updated.

troop, well probably no surprise that i dont have any time to add any more to my fleet right now. so you can keep it in your rafters. I have a few designs half way completed and really love to sketchup. so once things settle down i will definitely design some more.
Oct 20, 2010, 02:54 PM
Scott Quinn
Have managed to repair the hawk but im up to 15oz I bet it still flys ace! Its amazing how much some lolly sticks and tape weigh

I'll let you know how it goes, if it dies I'll build another for sure

Scott.
Oct 20, 2010, 03:08 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
ah.. she'll do just fine.. is that hawk sitting on a jet engine?
Oct 20, 2010, 04:03 PM
Scott Quinn
Im going to pop to the field tomorrow lunch for a couple of packs . . .

Yeah its a Wren 54 mk3 @ 17lbs . . . Baby Boomerang . . .

Ive had a couple of jets.

Seriously easy jet to fly . . . love um

Scott.

Quick Reply