Oct 07, 2010, 04:33 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
But he didnīt share the plans neither sells the project. I think heīs not satisfied with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
yea, the nitrocharged thread on the bae hawk is one i followed for awhile and eventually led to my own design.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2010, 04:35 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
exactly!
Oct 07, 2010, 04:49 PM
Subscribed!!! I'm always on the look out for something that will scale down good to 13"-15" wing span. Perfect match for a 3mm depron build. I'm a "Half-Pint" kind of guy. I have two cheap standard power setups. HK 1811 2000Kv 10g/2DogRC Valkeryie 2300Kv 15g motors, Turnigy Plush 6A ESC, GWS 4025/4030/4040/4530 props, and TP 250mAh 20C 3S/Hyperion 450mAh 25C 3S bats. The beauty of these setups, all I have to change is the motors and props depending on AUW. 130g-140g thrust with the HK 1811 and 220g-230g thrust with the 2DogRC Valkeryie. It's in the queue, albeit somewhat long.

Ksqm
Last edited by ksqm; Oct 07, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
Oct 08, 2010, 07:47 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Hey ERUJI...as promised heres the same box fuse construction with sleekier body and wider WS for better wing loading. I covered and angled the intakes much like the electrifly evader.....next one on my list "L-39 or the JUMP jet".

here's the link on my build log: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1319490

ENJOY!
Oct 09, 2010, 11:05 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Very nice project! But I think it that if it could have an EDF inside, could be much better and scale! Just like this little hawk ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday27
Hey ERUJI...as promised heres the same box fuse construction with sleekier body and wider WS for better wing loading. I covered and angled the intakes much like the electrifly evader.....next one on my list "L-39 or the JUMP jet".

here's the link on my build log: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1319490

ENJOY!
Oct 09, 2010, 02:10 PM

40mm EDF update

Hi i've done a bit more work on the 40mm EDF jet. The EDF has been installed and I've done more work on the inlets and exhaust. I might remake some parts including the exhaust to make it a bit more efficient. I decided to join the elevators with a metal rod (thanks for the idea trooper8). This shouldn't have too much affect on thrust. At the moment most of the plane is held together with pins. Build progress might be a bit slow because of school work but i'll try to get as much building done at weekends as possible.
What do you think of the idea of using a KF airfoil for more lift?

Mayday27 your Invader looks amazing. I agree with the others it would really suit an EDF
Oct 09, 2010, 03:42 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Nice work! Ahuddart. I like how these mid size jet can easily be built and outfitted with EDF, and we can also scale them down to a micro size. can't wait to see the edf version in the air.

mayday.
Oct 10, 2010, 11:03 AM
Scott Quinn
Guys just want to say that I have flown mine on the 2212-06 with a 30 amp esc and 3S1800 and it was QUICK!!! the faster the you fly it the better it flys - utlra stable and precise, all at my field was lovin my work!

You need to keep it moving and the landings are tricky until you get used to leaving the half throttle on and leaning on the elevator for some mild high angle approach and chopping the throttle last momont - this brings the arse in first and all is good.

I had 12 flights with mine . . . . after the views on the other setups I had it in my mind that it would be a one flight wonder - not to be!, glad I stuck to my original setup as I could not imagine this on 2S . . .

It exhilarating on the above setup, I would build another the if it crashed for sure . . .

Below is poor video shot on my N97, my mate had no idea on how to land it .. . takes a couple of flights to sus it out, he was impressed . . . the video does not do it justice, but stick with it as there are a couple of close flybys that may give you and indication of the speed to size ratio

Leaving some gaps in and around the motor mount I think helped to keep the air flow through the fus decreasing the drag and giving it addtional forward stadbility, it tracks beautifully, I can see why the British RAF have them, the roll rate is exceptional and so, so predictable - I would say it is not for the beginner though . . .

I used weave tape on the nose sectional as well to protect it on landing, it did help a great deal in the first couple of landings until I sussed it.

A quick paint of the canopy and some zagi tape for orientation keeps it light but visable.

Depron pusher BAE Hawk Scott Quinn siddus74 (2 min 28 sec)
Last edited by siddus; Oct 10, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
Oct 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
Reap the wild wind
Scott
why did you post this vid and flight report just after I ordered the BW3000 and 2 cell set up As you say, looks to fly on rails with the 2212/06 and pretty nippy. So it should as the same motor pushes my 28" heavy Skyray around rather well
Skyray Marshfield 3 25Jul10 HC (4 min 26 sec)

Head
Oct 10, 2010, 02:26 PM
Scott Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
Scott
why did you post this vid and flight report just after I ordered the BW3000 and 2 cell set up As you say, looks to fly on rails with the 2212/06 and pretty nippy. So it should as the same motor pushes my 28" heavy Skyray around rather well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atQT9AihLpA
Head
Nice vid - looks very stable, good wing area . . nothings better than a well ballanced / powered delta

Scott.
Oct 10, 2010, 04:44 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus
Guys just want to say that I have flown mine on the 2212-06 with a 30 amp esc and 3S1800 and it was QUICK!!! the faster the you fly it the better it flys - utlra stable and precise, all at my field was lovin my work!

You need to keep it moving and the landings are tricky until you get used to leaving the half throttle on and leaning on the elevator for some mild high angle approach and chopping the throttle last momont - this brings the arse in first and all is good.

I had 12 flights with mine . . . . after the views on the other setups I had it in my mind that it would be a one flight wonder - not to be!, glad I stuck to my original setup as I could not imagine this on 2S . . .

Leaving some gaps in and around the motor mount I think helped to keep the air flow through the fus decreasing the drag and giving it addtional forward stadbility, it tracks beautifully, I can see why the British RAF have them, the roll rate is exceptional and so, so predictable - I would say it is not for the beginner though . . .
Nice video! talk about sticking the landing:

...I'm just curious about that set up, how does it fly invented? and how is the vertical climb like?

as far as the 2s set-up a bunch of our club members are now using it as a jet trainer for the faint of heart jet flyers and we are having a blast with it. We are building a 150% using 4s lipo and either a scorpion or eflite motor, we'll see. keep the BAE HAWK, flying.

mayday.
Oct 10, 2010, 05:10 PM
Scott Quinn
The inverted flight is pretty much the same as normal (virtually no down is require). . . . although flat out and with the role rate that these have its not comfortable to do a circuit inverted just yet

The virtical is unlimited and, I mean unlimited!

I have often thought about a larger 4S depron pusher jet, do you double the 6mm up on the wings etc? what about the strength etc?

Scott.
Oct 10, 2010, 05:29 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Cool. I would love to see the inverted flight video with that set-up.
We might be using a 9mm we havent decided yet, we'll see after we printed it out.

mayday
Oct 10, 2010, 05:48 PM
Scott Quinn
I would consider a 4S 150% one . . . I have a spare 3548 1100KV that with a 3S and 10x7 pulls 480 watts, and is rated for 4S so that wattage would increase considerably . . . however the only 4S packs I have are 4s3700's that I use for my parkzone Habu . . . mayba a little big and heavy (370 grams each) ?

like the jet trainer thing, I have flown a Boomerang and Reaper and I will say that this hawk is not any more difficult to fly just an awful alot more twitchy. Its a shame that we get so uptight about Jets, I think its the thought of the $$$ involved - the two I had were ever so stable and flew as easy as most park jets.

Keep me informed on the 150% jobbie.

Scott.
Oct 10, 2010, 06:55 PM

maiden to day good plane

got her in the air nice and fast but tore mine up to day and a left tune.the turn was to tight and plowed her in the ground.all well, will build a new one.

Quick Reply