Oct 02, 2010, 09:42 PM
Turn 'N Burn
I've got that 3000kv BW on a foam wing, 3S 1300mah 4.1x4.1 20A - it's my fastest plane, maybe I should throw that on the retired BH airframe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday27
Thanks Eruji and Trooper8, This is my "PARK FLYER" set-up. My wattmeter reads 17.05amp draw with this set-up using a 2s 1050mah(6min.-8min. mix throttle flight), you need at least a 30c-40c burst lipo to keep them from puffing up.Try not to use full throttle for more than 15seconds(give your motor and esc. time to breathe) There is no other modification needed for this bird if you use this set-up.

Faster Jet set-up. 3s 1050mah lipo 30-40c burst using GRAYSON V3 with 20 amp esc. and apc 6x4 prop.(a bit more expensive and heavier on the landing.)

Watch the video with my parkflyer set-up and you will see what I mean. You don't have to be super fast with these good looking jets.

.....my youtube vid is not cook yet.

happy flying,

Mayday.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2010, 05:41 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
...This bird is not a floater so do not let your battery run down all way or you will have a surprise landing. Besides that, she performs well with the cheaper set up. Just keep her moving and you will be fine. I will try some more test and report back if I find something.

ENJOY THE VIDEO!...I almost hit the fence, and my battery dumped at the end so the landing was kinda rough but no damage. SOLID AIRFRAME!

BAE HAWK MAIDEN! (3 min 47 sec)

Mayday.
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Oct 03, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
Oct 03, 2010, 07:55 AM
Wooooow, look really NICE!!!

I started yesterday cutting the plans, will build mine asap (Wife promised paint it!!).

The only problem here (Argentina) is get engines with high rpm/v, the best I can get is this one: http://www.hobbychango.com.ar/masinf...MOTORES&ban=13

Do you think that could serve ok with a bat of 3S 1300 maH ?

Thanks everyone by the help!
Oct 03, 2010, 10:52 AM
Reap the wild wind
Take care - the motor is only rated for 2 cell operation although I've ran mine on 3 cells. A 6x4 should be ok. See Hobbyking specs & reviews here
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...less_Outrunner

Mayday
great looking build and video

Trooper
I've been rumbled again! What can I say, I'm just a sucker for pusher jets. Not had a great deal of success with my EDF models. My Phase 3 f-16 crashed on maiden after a flight of at least 10 seconds. The nose now resembles a court jesters shoe but without the bell. At least it only cost me 25 as it was a club mates cast off. It helps that he is a reviewer for several UK RC mags so always has ex test models to sell on.
Head
Oct 03, 2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks by the advice! BTW I like a LOT your slogan: "Reap the will wind"
Oct 03, 2010, 12:29 PM
Scott Quinn
Hi Guys - Mines nearly done now . . . all I have is 3S packs @ 1600mah and 1800mah they all weigh 150g

Mine is AUW @ 14oz or 400g not that light but am hoping that it will be ok.

Surprisingly the battery had to go all the way up the front so it shows I needed the weight in anycase . . . must have made an error some where.

What about throws?

heres mine . . .

Scott.
Oct 03, 2010, 01:09 PM
Scott Quinn
Just needs paint . . .

Scott.
Oct 03, 2010, 02:01 PM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by garduino
Thanks by the advice! BTW I like a LOT your slogan: "Reap the will wind"
Yeah, I thought it about summed up the thing we do. Inspiration came from Ultravox's song of the same name as seen here

Ultravox - Reap the wild wind (Video, TOTP) (3 min 27 sec)

Head
Oct 03, 2010, 06:19 PM

nice plane

nice looking plane.so i started one last nite.all most done.also scale up too 200 %.will build later have printed out.have to fly this one first.

dan
Oct 04, 2010, 01:03 AM
Reap the wild wind
Looking good Popedan
is that "The Twins" plane leaning against the wall next to the table?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1124466
Head
Oct 04, 2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
Yeah, I thought it about summed up the thing we do. Inspiration came from Ultravox's song of the same name as seen here
Unfortunately the video can't be played on my country, as Youtube says, but still I like the slogan a lot
Oct 04, 2010, 08:37 AM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
MAYDAY, great video. love inverted passes, easy to see that paint job while its zooming by. Thought you were going to hit the chain link foam grater at the end. Good landing too. Seems you had to keep it pretty hot to bring it in.

Quote:
Surprisingly the battery had to go all the way up the front so it shows I needed the weight in anycase . . . must have made an error some where.

What about throws?
Scott, like the details on your horns, motor mounts and elevator servo placement.

We built with a pretty light setup, its pretty easy to need weight up front with the motor right at the very back.

dan, that looks good, what is your plan for power on the 200%?
Oct 04, 2010, 09:13 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
subscribed|
Oct 04, 2010, 07:52 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
MAYDAY, great video. love inverted passes, easy to see that paint job while its zooming by. Thought you were going to hit the chain link foam grater at the end. Good landing too. Seems you had to keep it pretty hot to bring it in.

Thanks ERUJI and TROOPER8! This has been a great adventure this bird will have a permanent place in my hangar. I have lightened her a bit and the performance is even better. The landings are finally slower, it still need to be moving forward during approach but it does'nt drop like a rock.

FINAL CONCLUSION: ERUJI and TROOPER did a great job with this awesome BAE HAWK. My final verdict will be: USE MY PARKFLYER SET UP THAT I POSTED, and you will have a fast agile bae hawk. Anything over the RHINO 1050mah 2s with 3000kv Blue wonder 24gram motor will be overweight and you will have a flying rock! minus the speed and glide ratio. Remember this is a "MID-SIZE JET" if you want bigger and heavier electonics, you will have to enlarge the plan to atleast 120%. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. I'm not an expert but I especialize on MID SIZE BIRDS.

"POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO, CENTER OF GRAVITY and WING LOADING is the greatest knowledge we have to learn on scratchbuilding."

...Capt. Dale Willoughby(AMA HALL OF FAMER, Father of slope soaring in america, inventor of frequency flag.)"...Look at his very interesting BIO at AMA website he wrote some of the AMA RULES we still use today. I worked with him for 3 years and I'm here to share his KNOWLEGDE.

Here are the lightening holes and the final pictures:

THANKS AGAIN ERUJI!
Oct 04, 2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji

Scott, like the details on your horns, motor mounts and elevator servo placement.

We built with a pretty light setup, its pretty easy to need weight up front with the motor right at the very back.

dan, that looks good, what is your plan for power on the 200%?
iam thinking off running a tp 2409-12 with a 7*5 prop.puts ou 22oz off thrust.well start on the build this weekand got to fly the small one first.

Quick Reply