Oct 01, 2010, 08:53 AM
Scott Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_spotter

Scott you should be able to pull the wings off with a 2212-6!!

Ash
Thats the idea . . . im after something fast, the best i have got is an RCPowers spaceshuttle at 350grams with a 2212-06 6x4 with 321watts

Vertical to a dot inside 10 seconds.

We play climb an glide with them, sensational cheap fun

Scott.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2010, 10:16 AM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
Looks good Scott!

love the space shuttle too.. thats always been on my build list.
Oct 01, 2010, 01:23 PM
Reap the wild wind
Just an observation Scott - no heat shrink on your deans plug.

You wouldn't want to short out your expensive lipo in flight. That would be too close to the real Challenger tragedy
Head
Oct 01, 2010, 06:38 PM
Scott Quinn
Yeah about that heat shrink, not my finest work . . .

Have managed to put a couple more hours into it . . . they say pictures say a 1000 words, heres my 1000 . . . (pretty straightforward really . . .)
Oct 02, 2010, 01:01 AM
Reap the wild wind
Looking good Scott
this Hawk's been on my to do list for ages and your build will help once I clear the work bench.
Like your choice of 2212-06 & 6x4. Not over powered at all! This is the set up I ran in Dekan's F-22. I always reckon that a jet should fly like a jet - FAST
Looks like you also shop at Giantcod. Great service from Rob and you might like to try this motor as well http://www.giantcod.co.uk/keda-thumr...-p-403664.html. This motor was tested against the 2212-06 and variants by Dr Kiwi. See my reviews for links and here's a un edited vid of the motor in action
SkyFighter 2 at Lansdown 11Apr10.flv (8 min 12 sec)

Head
Oct 02, 2010, 01:31 AM
Scott Quinn
Headless - very interesting . . . I may very well try a couple of those at some point what ESC, prop and battery are you running with those bad boys?

Scott
Oct 02, 2010, 10:31 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
....WHEW! My favorite bird is done! maiden tomorow! I will post vids if I get my crew to wake up early.

Here are the pics for now while the paint is drying. Thanks for sharing the plan.
Oct 02, 2010, 11:25 AM
Scott Quinn
Mayday - what battery / ESC Prop combo are you using?

Scott.
Oct 02, 2010, 12:32 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
wow, both of you are fast builders. much like myself!
Oct 02, 2010, 02:02 PM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddus
Headless - very interesting . . . I may very well try a couple of those at some point what ESC, prop and battery are you running with those bad boys?

Scott
I'm using a 6x5E TGS Sport Propeller, 40 amp esc and 2200 3 cell lipo.You could go for a smaller battery provided it has a high enough c rating. Have you seen the latest Hobbyking lipo's rated at 45C with burst of 90C?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11951
It's a shame they don't stock some in their German warehouse.
Head
Oct 02, 2010, 05:37 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
wow, both of you are fast builders. much like myself!
Thanks again ERUJI, this is an awesome bird, she flew like I expected. I did some inverted flight test to pin point the cg, mine is @ 2" from the LE wing tip. Here's my set-up:

Motor: BW 3000kv
ESC: 18amp SS
Battery: 1050mah 2s Rhino lipo 30c( it has to be 30C)
Prop: 6x4 apc

This is a proven set-up for all midsize Jets/birds I use this combo alot because it's cheaper, easy to set up/mount, and the speed may vary on the plane design. My rafale full fuse gets a lot of speed with this set-up. The BAE HAWK on the other hand is super agile with this lighter set-up.

The flight vid is cooking right now I will post it as soon as YT makes it public.
Here are the painted pics for now...I will add more details after.

MAYDAY.
Oct 02, 2010, 06:38 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
Wow that paint job is slick! Nice job mayday. Can't wait to see the video...
Oct 02, 2010, 07:18 PM
Turn 'N Burn
Head,
It figures you'd be looking at this one ;-) our preliminary build was a little shy on power but I like the ideas for set-ups given here. Mayday that's a beauty!
Oct 02, 2010, 07:55 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thanks Eruji and Trooper8, This is my "PARK FLYER" set-up. My wattmeter reads 17.05amp draw with this set-up using a 2s 1050mah(6min.-8min. mix throttle flight), you need at least a 30c-40c burst lipo to keep them from puffing up.Try not to use full throttle for more than 15seconds(give your motor and esc. time to breathe) There is no other modification needed for this bird if you use this set-up.

Faster Jet set-up. 3s 1050mah lipo 30-40c burst using GRAYSON V3 with 20 amp esc. and apc 6x4 prop.(a bit more expensive and heavier on the landing.)

Watch the video with my parkflyer set-up and you will see what I mean. You don't have to be super fast with these good looking jets.

.....my youtube vid is not cook yet.

happy flying,

Mayday.

Quick Reply