Oct 27, 2014, 01:14 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
CG approximately 4.5" back from the leading edge of the nacelle.

sorry its not in the drawing. you can always tape up your hinges so they do not move and give it a toss without any gear to help determine its CG. Put weights so that its close to the 4.5 mark and then adjust forward or back to get a nice straight glide.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks you for your reply!

My doubt comes with the word "nacelle" (I'm not a native English speaker). It's the "cabin" where are the pilots or are the two sort of tubes opens when the wing start?

Thanks and sorry by the noise.
Oct 28, 2014, 09:48 AM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
its the open tube on both sides, not the cabin. it would be measured like this:
Oct 28, 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks you very much Eruji! Clear enough now!
Oct 28, 2014, 10:15 AM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
great, can wait to see it and hear how it works for you. I havnt flown in years and cant wait until i have the time to pick up the hobby again.
Oct 28, 2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks! I've not flown a lot neither this year but always I want to fly

I built my T-45 with an engine that may be is too much, but still I want to try it again with the CG more correctly setted.

Anyway the first tries were with the CG aproximately in this position, but the plane did not climbing.

I hope to try soon and have some good flights!
Mar 27, 2015, 04:01 PM
Hey, I started to build my T-45 as well . I made some changes on plan to insert EDF 50mm with a 4s battery. I'm almost at the end and would like to know the deflect you used (not sure if it's the right word) ailerons up/down elevator up/down ?

Thanks for your help,
Last edited by viper_nick; Apr 02, 2015 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added photo
Sep 03, 2015, 09:53 AM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
Wow, guess i missed this message. I dont recall how much trim we added we just threw it up and figured it out. I'm sure you got this already completed and flying at this point. But nice job on the build. love the rounded edges you gave it. How well did it perform as an EDF?
May 16, 2017, 07:44 PM
Just printed the plans and scaled them up 20%. Going to build this out of DTFB. Needed the larger size as I use a swappable power pod, FT style to fit in the rear. May do a fold over wing for a little more strength and to try to make this a little "floaty" for landings.
May 20, 2017, 11:22 AM
All done, DTFB, 3s 2200 with a 2826/6 motor and 6x4 prop. Plans at 120% and added a foldover wing and internal spar for strength.
May 20, 2017, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
All done, DTFB, 3s 2200 with a 2826/6 motor and 6x4 prop. Plans at 120% and added a foldover wing and internal spar for strength.
Flew very well until one of the aileron servos locked up. Crumpled nose and a little bent wing tips. I think the foldover wing with undercamber tips helped calm this down.
May 30, 2019, 08:45 AM
Build, crash...repeat
jpot, I was thinking of a kfm2 wing myself for this bird. What do you mean by a "foldover" wing? Do you mean an airfoil with a spar, with a flat bottom and curved top like FT models? A Clark Y?
It looks like you made the airfoil for part of the wing and left the tips as a single layer curved undercamber?
May 31, 2019, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleRRon
jpot, I was thinking of a kfm2 wing myself for this bird. What do you mean by a "foldover" wing? Do you mean an airfoil with a spar, with a flat bottom and curved top like FT models? A Clark Y?
It looks like you made the airfoil for part of the wing and left the tips as a single layer curved undercamber?
Foldover as in what flitetest does. Basically a flat bottom airfoil with an internal leading edge bevel and then the airfoil top folded over with a simple spar - no ribs. Yes left the wing tips open to help prevent top stalls.
Dec 01, 2019, 04:04 PM
Sussex, UK
Here's the first flight of mine. I had far too much aileron throw, and only just managed to switch to low rates before crashing. Even at low rates it could roll stupidly quickly.

Listen out for the guys in the background!

1st December 2019 - Robin's Jet Maiden (2 min 51 sec)

I carved the fuselage top and nose from blue foam, which I think gave a nice shape for not much extra work. The spar is a strip of wood. I'm using a 2205 quadcopter motor, 6x4 prop, 10a ESC and 3s 1000Mah battery, which is plenty of power.

Quick Reply