Aug 06, 2009, 12:25 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
Yippee!

BAE Hawk / T-45 Goshawk 26" WS Full Fuse Plans Pics and Video

I hope you guys like my new design. It was made with 6mm depron with a carbon flat spar in the wing and the hstab. I decided to get some help with this build, so I made the airframe and handed it over to trooper8. He finished it off with a great paint job and installed all of the electronics. Some of the details that may be hard to see in the photos are: two separate aileron servos installed in the nacelles, and the hstab servo is mounted behind the hinge. All servo push rods are very short. The entire underside is flat. Canopy is removable, so hinge or magnets work fine. The fuse is quite spacious, and we filled in the nose with some spray gap expanding filler. Better plan on having that battery far forward to get the CG correct.

We maidened it last weekend with great success! After trim was dialed in it was very stable. You do have to keep it moving to keep control however, but it is a jet! It looks really nice in the air. Take off was typical with a slight torque roll and landings were easy. Rolls look good! (Im sure troop will chime in on the performance.)

Its been a fun, combined effort project and the maiden went great, troop his son and myself ran three packs through it with no crashes. Success!

The plans are attached below: Fulls size, Tiled and Smart Tiled to reduce the number tape and cuts required.

26" WS
6mm Depron
1500kv Blue Wonder
10A esc
6x5 prop
800 mah 3S Lipo
9 gram servos x 3
carbon spar in the wing and hstab
CG approximately 4.5" back from the leading edge of the nacelle.
AUW 10.5 ounces

Thanks to trooper8 for editing the video.

BAE Hawk RC Maiden brushless prop jet (2 min 42 sec)

shameless plug for my first plan: Outrageish Bipe
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2009, 12:47 PM
Turn 'N Burn
Great job! I like the design because it looks 'different' and is full fuselage with room inside for everything. I want to verify the amps and explore some more power. The maiden was full power all the time.

She looks very scale in flight and I would say is a nice transition platform to higher performance edf jets. You do need to keep the airspeed up more than with a very light, large wing area, overpowered, climb pitched, profile pusher jet.

Very fun, my 12 year old flew it fine and we'll put some more packs thru it this weekend!

Thanks eruji! I hope others give it a try and enjoy the BAe Hawk.
Aug 06, 2009, 05:04 PM
My plans are in my blog
Very nice. Flies good too.
Aug 26, 2009, 09:29 PM
Turn 'N Burn
I'm going to enlarge the ailerons and move the cg forward a bit - report to follow.
Sep 28, 2010, 03:28 AM
Scott Quinn
Hi guys,

Am building your plan and have a couple of questions if thats ok . . . please can you confirm the CG, you suggest 4.5 back from the nacel by that do you mean the front inlet duct port measured from the middle of the wing?

I was considering the liitle screamers 2212-06 6x4 apc pusher and 3S 1600mah pack do you think this set up with be ok (with the pack fit and is the model likely to ballance ok)

Many thanks, looks like the simplest and most doable depron hawk i can find!

Best regards,

Scott.
Sep 28, 2010, 07:27 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
SIMPLY AWESOME! Nice work.

mayday.
Sep 28, 2010, 03:04 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
Hi Scott,

I think that motor/batt combo would be okay. My only concern would be the weight of the battery. I would lean towards a 1300 or smaller, but who knows, it would not keep me from trying it.

Yes, 4.5 inches from the inlet duct but centerline on the fuse. Also give the plane a straight and level chuck over some soft grass before you put the gear on to verify the CG location.

Let me know if you have any questions and let us all see your progress as you build.

Thanks.
Sep 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Great Job once again ERUJI! Nice and simple...Your bird just made it to the top of my build list! Thanks for sharing.

mayday.
Sep 30, 2010, 07:04 AM
The model look very very nice!!

Can anyone comment experiences flying it with wind?

Thanks.
Sep 30, 2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the plans!!!
Will start building!!!
Sep 30, 2010, 03:09 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Thread OP
Quote:
Can anyone comment experiences flying it with wind?
I think it should handle winds just fine, there isnt much wing to to trip it up.
Oct 01, 2010, 05:53 AM
Scott Quinn
Started to build mine, im liking the low part count for a change

Nothing to report - no carbon on hand so am resulting to 2mmx 6mm spruce on its side . . . 6 peices an 1m length for £2 is cheaper by far . . .
Oct 01, 2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
I think it should handle winds just fine, there isnt much wing to to trip it up.
Thanks by the response!

I'm planning to build one, but using a brushless motor, wired to push rather than pull. I ike my Valkyria why it can fly with wind until 30km/h but want another jet, and this one look very cool.

What glue do you use to glue the depron?
Oct 01, 2010, 07:17 AM
Scott Quinn
Im using UHU POR , got bundles of the stuff . . . it cheap over here . . .

Im using a 2212/06 with a 30amp ESC and 6x4 pusher looking at about 300 watts.

Scott.
Oct 01, 2010, 08:22 AM
Not sure how I missed this one. I am amazed more have not built it based on the low parts count like you said. I always use UHU POR for Depron works really well.

It flies really well on a Blue Wonder for the model size.

Scott you should be able to pull the wings off with a 2212-6!!

Well I have a few other projects to finish up but fancy giving this a go. Always liked the lines of the Hawk and a full fuz is a bonus.

Nice work eruji

Keep us posted Scott.

Ash

Quick Reply