Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9. - Page 5 - RC Groups
Aug 27, 2014, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950
Oops, see posting #54 above.
Thanks for the suggestion and quick response. I have been following this step and even tired it again to makes sure. The link between the slave and buddy box does occur, just not as precise as I believe it should or has been with the my prior 20 years of using other transmitters. The switching back and forth should be automatic and not get hung up at the buddy side waiting for input to then kick it over to the slave.

Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2015, 05:10 PM
Hitec 58310 one way cable to stereo plug for Hitec optic5, ! 6 pin solder female din plug and 1 3.5mm stereo plug req. solder connections from rear of female 6 pin,( pin one on the left...)
Centre pin to ground on stereo plug (1), pin3 to middle of stereo (2), and pin 4 to tip of stereo, Optic 5 can only be used as student and this must be plugged into the student end of the 58310 cable.
Jun 18, 2017, 06:59 AM
What could possibly go wrong?

A9x as *student*, Flash as Master

Hi, got a variation on this question and I hope this thread isn't out of date. I own an Aurora 9X and I'm a student. Just joined a new club where they have other Hitec radios, but no Aurorae. The master is a Flash 7 and it's got the model programmed into it. Today I tried using mine as the student but never saw a MultiIO or trainer/master/whatever icon come up to click. We tried all the variations we could of switching on then plugging the cable in, or vice versa or one Tx then the other, still no good.

What is the correct procedure for this? Will I need to go into menus on either Tx to make this work? The usual student radios are Optics, the Flash 7 is always the master. I DON'T want to make my A9X the master and the Flash the student, as that's the club radio and it's not an option to alter their setup. I believe they have the correct Hitec trainer cable (if it was just a stereo cable, the student radios they already have wouldn't be working). When they connect their existing stuff, you don't switch on the student radio, you switch on the master Tx then plug in the student Tx and it powers up in student mode and it all just works. I expected that with my A9X but not so. Is something wrong, or is there something I have to do?

I only need a few more lessons with a buddy box but I want to do it with my own radio if possible. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BernardW; Jun 19, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
Jun 19, 2017, 10:55 AM
Very simple procedure:

First ensure that you have the trainer function setup in your Flash transmitter.
Turn the Fash 7 on, select YES to transmit, plug the trainer cord in.
Plug the other end of the trainer cable into the 9X, turn the 9X on, wait until the Multi I/O appears, then select that.
Select T.Pupil in the next screen.

You should now have the Flash 7 as the master and the 9X as the trainer.

You need to ensure both transmitters are programmed identical so that there is no variation in control inputs between the two.
Jun 19, 2017, 11:05 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
OK so it's as I thought, maybe I just didn't wait long enough for the IO icon to appear or something. I'll try again and make sure I'm doing it exactly as you have posted. Thanks for the reply.
Sep 30, 2017, 07:30 AM

Connecting A9 to Hitec laser 4

Hello,

I successfully linked my a9 as a trainer buddy with a hitec laser 4.
I did it this way. see the sketch
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...entid=10394285
Hopefully is this not be harmful to my a9.
because the Hitec laser 4 battery is 9.6v.
And the Aurora 9 battery is only 7,2V.
When I measure between the pins 2 and (pin4-6) I measure 2,4 V.
When I measure between the pins 2 and the ground I measure 8V.
When I measure between the ground en the pins (4-6) I measure 10 V.
hopefully this higher voltage does not damage my aurora 9!
Does anyone know if this is normal?
Otherwise everything works perect. The aurora is the master and the laser 4 is the slave.

Thansk.
Regards Wes.
Oct 02, 2017, 06:38 PM
You can definitely use the Laser 4 as a slave transmitter when using the Aurora 9 as a master, you just need the cord with the DIN jack adapter:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBJDZ&P=7