This thread is privately moderated by Zaitsevsky, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 04, 2009, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

DistanceSensor – low altitude flying

DistanceSensor is an ultrasonic sensor of the distance and speed of approaching.

(3 min 27 sec)

The gadget operates only at the low altitudes of the flight, i.e. up to 2,4 meters. It can be used for prevention of the accident or for maintaining the model at the low altitude. It has two reaction regimes, i.e. the first regime – the proportional reaction towards the altitude with the correction towards the vertical speed; the second regime – the proportional reaction towards the vertical speed depending upon the altitude. The first regime is used in the planes and helicopters for repulsion of the model from the ground. As regards ordinary repulsion, it is enough to use the recommended regimes without additional tuning. Seeking for fluent landing of the model of the plane with the switched off engine, it is necessary to adjust the necessary value of reaction of the gadget by applying the experimental method. Besides, the first regime allows maintaining of the helicopter at the fixed altitude. If the model of the helicopter is at the altitude, which is lower than 2,4 meters, it will go down and rise proportionally to the position of the pitch/gas stick. The second regime allows maintaining the model of the plane at the fixed altitude, at approximately 1,7 meters from the ground (if the elevator is evenly maintained). The second regime requires thorough tuning, which should be done by an experienced pilot. The model should primarily have good aerodynamics and stability of the flight at small speeds so as to fly at the low altitudes. The gadget assists in controlling the model in the second regime (maintaining of the altitude), but the pilot also has to have fast reaction and has to control the flight constantly. An ordinary scheme of connecting the gadget on the plane is connecting to the elevator canal, on the helicopter – to the canal of the collective pitch. The CCPM mixer should be installed on the board of the helicopter. Seeking for precise maintenance of the altitude of the helicopter, the engine revolutions should be kept constant and high. It is important to protect the gadget against vibrations because it produces an impact upon operation of the ultrasonic sensor. The detailed description of the procedure of tuning of the gadget is contained in the manual .
The gadget performs its functions, but it should be handled with caution. I used to fly high and carefully without the gadget; I started to fly low and at risk, after having installed the gadget; besides, the accidents occur.

Tags: DistanceSensor, low altitude, distance sensor, altitude control, fixed altitude, flying over the ground, crash prevention, autopilot for models, ultrasonic sensor
Last edited by Zaitsevsky; Mar 29, 2011 at 06:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2014, 12:47 PM
Where to buy this baby?
May 12, 2014, 05:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burakko
Where to buy this baby?
It is not in production. DIY data
May 12, 2014, 08:39 AM
I have no where to make PCB - Trying to do the same for atmega + HC-SR04 but so far not working. Unless you can help with Bascom. I can litter the code that I wrote
May 12, 2014, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burakko
I have no where to make PCB - Trying to do the same for atmega + HC-SR04 but so far not working. Unless you can help with Bascom. I can litter the code that I wrote
Sorry , but for me it is an old and forgotten project
May 20, 2014, 03:19 AM
Too bad. My design something starts to come alive but I have many shortcomings that need to be improved. Praise be to'm done I wonder if you like to combine it with a stabilizer flight does not land to himself

Quick Reply