This thread is privately moderated by heychas, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 01, 2009, 09:27 PM
Trader Rating: 20
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
Sold

JHH (JHI) A-7 Corsair II ARF w/ retracts (LTV A7)

This is the Jet Hangar Hobbies LTV A-7 D/E Corsair II with the JHH Heavy Duty Retracts (scale) and Tamjets wheels and brakes. It is NEW and unbuilt. The ducting is for the EDF version although I believe it wouldn't be too hard to convert to nitro or turbine. It can be run on a 9S to 12S set-up w/ speeds ranging from 140 to 160 MPH for the edf version. Although I've never flown one, I hear they land slow and easy. It is 1/10 scale, 57" long and 47" wingspan. I believe the wing loading is around 22 or so. I think this is one of the best looking ARFs made. I just haven't been able to get to this project and since I'm going back to school, I won't be able to anytime soon.

After I purchased it, I learned there was a missing gear door and servo trays. Larry Wolfe is extremely helpful, and he sent me a gear door, the drawings for the servo trays, and a part for a mod to strengthen the inlet. I purchased the wood for the servo trays but haven't gotten around to cutting them out. Hence I am taking $50 off the price. The rest of the parts appear to be here, but I haven't had a chance to inventory all of the parts. And since I've never worked w/ retracts, I honestly don't know what a lot of the stuff does, etc. Hence, I'm taking an additional $30 off just in case there are connectors or something that needs to be purchased at the LHS. I thought pricing around 66% of the original price seems fair. So here is what I am asking:

JHH A7 ARF (NEW $995) $650

JHH Retract set (NEW $199) $130

Tamjet Brakes & wheels (NEW $85) $50

Total (NEW $1279) = $830

less cutting out servo doors -$50
other adjustment -$30

Total $750

Shipping should be around $80 for Greyhound and $140 UPS.

Let me know if you have any questions or I've messed up something here.

Thanks,

Charlie
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2009, 12:32 PM
Trader Rating: 91
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Hi Charlie...

I would definitely love to have this plane, as it has always been one of my favorite planes, but alas...the funds just aren't there to allow me to buy it, but I don't think you should have any problems selling it...

Good Luck...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Aug 02, 2009, 01:07 PM
Trader Rating: 20
"My grandma wants to fly jets"
Thanks Steve!