This thread is privately moderated by Pudknocker71, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 17, 2009, 11:59 AM
In the 20' glider range
here are some
Aug 17, 2009, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodgers
Cool, every forum should have a photography thread. I spend more time on non-photography forums showing off photography than I do on the photo forums. I just want normal people to comment, not photo snobs who turn their nose up at my little ole superzoom.

Think I'm just gonna throw it in the trash and give up. Those are awesome pictures!

j/k
Aug 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Pudknocker71]
Quote:

Think I'm just gonna throw it in the trash and give up. Those are awesome pictures!

j/k
Yeah, think i`ll just delete my pics.LOL Digital cameras do make it alot easier and less expensive to experiment. I had a friend years ago that was a professional photographer, he gave me some hints and tips and a piece of advice i`ll never forget. He said, if you`re worried about how much it costs or worried about wasting film, you`ll never get the good shots. Get a power winder and shoot. And take that camera out of auto, put it in manual and practice. With film it could get kinda pricey, digital makes it alot more affordable.
Last edited by daddyztoyz; Aug 17, 2009 at 07:38 PM.
Aug 17, 2009, 07:46 PM
Why thank you! That is precisely why I continue to visit my sim racing forum since I no longer race anymore. It's for the photography thread. On a photo forum, I would be mashed into the ground with "too much noise, you need better DOF, you should get a dSLR," etc.

Yours aren't too shabby there, from the first post, Pudknocker (LOL at the name ) The firework shot is great, I haven't attempted one yet. That sunset I would die for to be able to shoot. It is gorgeous. I have too many hills, mountains, and trees along the skyline to get good sunset shots. We get a slight tint of red and pink in the sky for a few minutes, then it's dark. I would love to have a golden sunset to shoot.
Aug 18, 2009, 07:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodgers

Yours aren't too shabby there, from the first post, Pudknocker (LOL at the name ) The firework shot is great, I haven't attempted one yet. That sunset I would die for to be able to shoot. It is gorgeous. I have too many hills, mountains, and trees along the skyline to get good sunset shots. We get a slight tint of red and pink in the sky for a few minutes, then it's dark. I would love to have a golden sunset to shoot.
Well..thanks. I get lucky. Just living in Florida does the trick.

Below...another member, Dorsal, wrote this. I supplied the back drop.
Aug 18, 2009, 09:58 AM
In the 20' glider range
i like that saying pod (scroll up) knocker
Aug 19, 2009, 06:20 PM
Now pay attention, 007!
Hungry hitchhiker, thumb(s) out waiting for a ride...
Aug 27, 2009, 12:32 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Here are some I took for my photography class today!
Aug 27, 2009, 03:32 AM
Did you get it on video?
I used to do a bit of photography, including portrait work, wildlife, and some while diving.

self portrait...

Aug 27, 2009, 05:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D
Here are some I took for my photography class today!
Then you should be critiqued by you teacher. I would like the hear what he saids about them.
Aug 27, 2009, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
I used to do a bit of photography, including portrait work, wildlife, and some while diving.
I see you live in DeFuniak, which springs were the underwater shots taken at?.Nice shots.
Aug 27, 2009, 09:42 AM
Did you get it on video?
Morrison Springs in Ponce DeLeon.

You know the area?
Aug 27, 2009, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey
Morrison Springs in Ponce DeLeon.

You know the area?
Yessir, i`ve been to most of the springs around here, been to morrison springs many times. Did some snorkling but never did any diving there, beautiful place. I live in Freeport, we`re almost nabors.
Aug 27, 2009, 01:49 PM
Supra!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudknocker71
Then you should be critiqued by you teacher. I would like the hear what he saids about them.
That is suposed to mean? I didnt take them with a D-SLR.. I havnt signed mine out yet.. I have my 35mm SLR yashica FX-2 but just used my digital camera.. The brightness is to much and needs more contrast, once I get my DSLR it will be much better!
Aug 27, 2009, 02:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Stick 3D
That is suposed to mean? I didnt take them with a D-SLR.. I havnt signed mine out yet.. I have my 35mm SLR yashica FX-2 but just used my digital camera.. The brightness is to much and needs more contrast, once I get my DSLR it will be much better!
Just curious. Me too on the DSLR part.

Quick Reply