This thread is privately moderated by Pudknocker71, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 07, 2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-gravity
ouch ya that could be bad
thanks
AG
Yeah, he was lucky. After it was over and he`d changed his underwear, he found out from some of the locals that it was a juvenile male probably 3 years old and just out on his own. He didn`t know he`d passed up a good lunch.
Aug 07, 2009, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=Pudknocker71][QUOTE=Ira NZ]

Pud,
What a terrific idea to start a photography thread here.

Glad you did that.

So many really great shots. I enjoyed them all, even the chickens.

Digital makes it so easy to illustrate your post with photos that tell far more than words with no language barrier. Pictures really help folks understand what you are talking about.

For a photo bench I use an old florescent fixture on a rope and pulley that comes down close to small subject to fill shadows, then pull it back up when done. Camera florescent #3 under white balance is used to make the light more like daylight. This is warm and much softer than flash.
Regards,
John255
Aug 07, 2009, 06:12 PM
In the 20' glider range
very true very true
Aug 07, 2009, 06:25 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyztoyz
Standing in the river to get a shot is only stupid if theres a grizzly standing there with ya. LOL Have a friend that vacationed in Alaska last year and found that out first hand! Nice shots.
Nah, They're not too dangerous most of the time. Just don't be stupid.
Aug 07, 2009, 07:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-gravity
here are a couple more
Great snap of that bug.

...Oh..and your dog is winking at you.
Aug 07, 2009, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
[QUOTE=John255][QUOTE=Pudknocker71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira NZ

Pud,
What a terrific idea to start a photography thread here.

Glad you did that.

So many really great shots. I enjoyed them all, even the chickens.

Digital makes it so easy to illustrate your post with photos that tell far more than words with no language barrier. Pictures really help folks understand what you are talking about.

For a photo bench I use an old florescent fixture on a rope and pulley that comes down close to small subject to fill shadows, then pull it back up when done. Camera florescent #3 under white balance is used to make the light more like daylight. This is warm and much softer than flash.
Regards,
John255
Thanks...this was one of my hobbies before I got into RC. (reminds me I need to throw another battery on the charger )

All these tips and tricks could make a good thread on its own. Love experimenting with cameras.
Aug 07, 2009, 08:26 PM
Theres a couple of shots in this thread y`all might find interesting. Every camera has a sweetspot, i was playing with my Flycam1 and got these. They`re not great, the Flycam only does decent video at best, but i was surprised at these closeups.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=115
Aug 07, 2009, 09:50 PM
In the 20' glider range
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudknocker71
Great snap of that bug.

...Oh..and your dog is winking at you.
when you have your camera with you everything anything can happen
BTW the butteryfly is dead...a few mins before the pic i hit it with a paddel
Aug 15, 2009, 10:03 PM
Now pay attention, 007!
Having fun with dslr & macro lens:

Dragonfly hatching:

On its feet:

Another one on the same beach:

Side by side, nearly ready to fly:
Aug 16, 2009, 12:53 AM
Needs a vacation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē
Having fun with dslr & macro lens:

Dragonfly hatching:

On its feet:

Another one on the same beach:

Side by side, nearly ready to fly:

DUDE.......do NOT do that again! WOW...that was just...weird! Great pics though! What good timing to catch that happening...

Got a Canon SX10 on its way to my house, so there are pics to be taken from me yet
Aug 16, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
Ya know I've never really thought about how/where dragonflies come from. Awesome photos.
Aug 16, 2009, 07:11 PM
Thread OP
Canon SX10 ...kinda looks like my Fuji...but has to be better.
Aug 17, 2009, 11:38 AM
Cool, every forum should have a photography thread. I spend more time on non-photography forums showing off photography than I do on the photo forums. I just want normal people to comment, not photo snobs who turn their nose up at my little ole superzoom.

Some random shots....

I rode a motorcycle back in 2002-04. I carried a little Fuji P&S with me everywhere and had no knowledge of anything photography related....

For Christmas in 2007, my wife bought me a new digital camera. She got it during the Black Friday sales at Walmart. It turned out to be a piece of junk (Sony W-650 I think.) So, we took it back and upon looking at the cameras I picked up a larger body superzoom. It felt much better and I thought there was much more you could do with that type than the little P&S jobs. So I researched a bit more on cameras on the net and started reading more about photography. That got the bug going to learn. So I picked up the Fuji S5700 from Ritz to learn about all the manual stuff.

Here is some random shots through my experimenting with leaving P&S modes....

My only decent shot of the moon. Pretty good for a non-dSLR....

County Fair

At the old mill

Walking in the woods, some nice sunlight filtering through the trees

Of course the required flowers....

My daughter and I going for a walk

The family pet

From our most recent trip to Erie

I don't print much, but I do have these hanging on the wall. The wife told me I had to do the kid's photos now instead of doing the garbage school photos. I think she definitely did right on not ordering the school pictures and having me do them....

The final one. My wife (and the rest of the family) had been bugging me to enter into a photo contest. She found a contest from a toy company and wanted me to enter. This won me a $250 gift card to Target and $100 worth of bubble toy products for the kids!

Aug 17, 2009, 11:41 AM
In the 20' glider range
wow great photos

Quick Reply