Jul 30, 2009, 10:55 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
Discussion

54'' Zephyr ,AP FPV UAV sport wing

Hey guys here is a few pix ,I just designed a wing specificly for UAV FPV and AP in mind.It will also be a slow fun floater sport wing if thats what your after too.

It has nice semi sym lifting foil with a nice wide root chord and tip chord for good lift stability and stable flight charicteristics ,wheather you are cruizin fast or slow it will have a verry nice speed envelope .

It has more wing area than the IYF 60 and the tl 60 ,this makes it able to carry a load better , have more room for gear ,and be super stable .
It is more streamlined an thinner than the maxi for better all around performance.
The iyf 60 will still work great for these aps,I just wanted to design somthing with some more wingloading capabilities and more room for gear.

Tip chord is 8'' without elevons 10 with
The center chord is 15'' without elevons. 17 with
Cg is calculated at 10 to 11.5 inches .
WS is appx 54'' with winglets.
It has 32 '' of le on each wing 1/2

Kit info

It will have nice 2'' balsa aileron stock and extended winglets,it will have its root spars stabbed for internal tube spars.
It will have spars in the kit for some surface wing spars.
The Ritewing cnc plate will come with the kit,I am also thinking of bringing in the u outrunner mount too so you can mount your outrunner rite to the ritewing mount .
It also will have long oversized 4 mm coro winglets for super stable slow flight.

CK
Last edited by klique; Aug 20, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2009, 11:35 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Oh man thats gonna be fun! Twin Microdans
Jul 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
Oh ya bro the replacement of the maxi plus some better features ala Ritewing style.
Ck
Aug 02, 2009, 03:16 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP

more info

Hey guys at this time I cut a small batch,I will ship international if you need.
PM me if interested.

Fyi I just gave the span a measurement and it has appx 34'' LE on ea wing panel,28'' on the TE of ea wing pannel .
There is more than 60'' inches of LE ,but with the angle of sweep the WS is appx 57'' from winglet to winglet
My span of cut for ea wing is over 34'' on the cutting table ,The wing tips are swept back so it decreses the WS a tad .

Tip chord is 8'' without elevons 10'' with ,and the tip center chord is 15'' without elevons.
The wing is appx 2'' thick at is thickest point of the foil.

The wing itself is a little smaller in size than the maxi swift, it will give better flight performance on less power.
It is larger than my other 60''s ,I wanted somthing with better performance without it being so huge and fat like the maxi .
It will be a littel more sporty with great capabilities.

For some versitilty It has a cnc L motor mount for outrunners that mounts up to my custom cnc plate ,or you can mount a geared 28 mm motor on my plate,rather than a plastic non adjustble mount.

The elevons are 2'' aileron stock balsa rather than flimsy foam, plus some nice oversized symetrical 4 mm coroplast winglets for better tracking and performance.

It will also have 2 internal spars and 2 that you can inbed where you want under the wing to clear your gear for nice rigidity.
Last edited by klique; Aug 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
Aug 02, 2009, 03:24 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Damn man, that is BIG!! A bit thinner than the maxi, but total WS is actually wider I think by about 2 inches. This should really be a great change from the maxi. I think it might be a bit (Not much) faster due to the weight of the build, but I think it will also handle some speed that the Maxi won't. The elevons alone should make a big change in handling and the thinner foil should create much less drag.

This is my motor of choice for the Maxi.
http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...ef=MD2510-1300

Do you think it will push one of these? The maxi can't handle the top speed of this motor, but it has pretty good thrust running an APC 10x5E prop. Speaking of that, what is the largest prop you could mount on one of yours?

Looking good, love to see one fly!!

Diggs
Aug 02, 2009, 03:32 PM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
Hi slacker Diggs it is the same foil as the Lightning series and IYF, so I am shure it will be a good fast wing if built for it, while being super vesitle to haul weight and be verry aerobatic too .

I also think even built light and foam only type build with spars only it should shine .

I am going to build one glassed kinda sporty maybe a twin with counterrotating 7/5 props
ck
Aug 12, 2009, 12:17 AM

More detials on Electronics.

Sweeet.. Very Nice.
What electronics (motor props and power) are using for this setup.
Last edited by taratharanath; Aug 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
Aug 12, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hmmm, I got a big box from AZ last night! Wonder what it could be? Thanks man, I will likely get on it this weekend.

Diggs
Aug 13, 2009, 08:11 AM
Hey,
When is my 60" Chubby coming? I'm almost done with my TL 50 and am itching to get another wing going? Plus, my son is coming over this weekend and has anxiously been wanting to start his ritewing, rite build experience.
Aug 13, 2009, 09:27 AM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP

yo

The bats look to be here today Greg,It all might go out today.but for shure by tomorrow.

Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberogill
Hey,
When is my 60" Chubby coming? I'm almost done with my TL 50 and am itching to get another wing going? Plus, my son is coming over this weekend and has anxiously been wanting to start his ritewing, rite build experience.
Aug 13, 2009, 06:12 PM
I think I am going to stay in this weekend with the exception of a run to get riteway supplies and start building my IYF and this big azzz chunky wing I don't have enough lighting to do the 60 as a night flyer, but will do that on the IYF. Looked like Tim was having big fun with his twin. Although, I am going single power plant. Suggestions on motor for this big hoss? I hope the 1300kv MicroDan I have will do the trick with a 10" prop. Not looking for speed on this one, just a nice floater.

For those of you that haven't seen it.

Ritewing Rc 60 IYF Night Flyer (9 min 2 sec)

Diggs
Last edited by Diggs; Aug 13, 2009 at 06:24 PM.
Aug 15, 2009, 07:40 PM
I think I am going to leave mine nekid. I want it lite like the Maxi and for it to float well. The Maxi didn't even have a spar. I might go lite on those also. It won't be flying fast or hard, but I can see this being way more aerobatic. No spongy elevons on this one. Didn't get to start on it today. My garage finally hit the point I couldn't take it anymore. Was a perfect day to fly also, and I cleaned my garage instead. Will be on it tomorrow also, but plan on starting this fatty tomorrow also.

Diggs
Last edited by klique; Aug 16, 2009 at 03:16 AM.
Aug 16, 2009, 03:18 AM
Mum is the word!
Thread OP
I woulld still use the supplied spars it will make it true without any real added weight.

Just built with spars and bare foam will fly awesome too,cant wait to see your build

Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
I think I am going to leave mine nekid. I want it lite like the Maxi and for it to float well. The Maxi didn't even have a spar. I might go lite on those also. It won't be flying fast or hard, but I can see this being way more aerobatic. No spongy elevons on this one. Didn't get to start on it today. My garage finally hit the point I couldn't take it anymore. Was a perfect day to fly also, and I cleaned my garage instead. Will be on it tomorrow also, but plan on starting this fatty tomorrow also.

Diggs
Last edited by klique; Aug 17, 2009 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply