This thread is privately moderated by YarSmythe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 30, 2009, 12:38 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Discussion

The RC Guillows Strato Streak

My son put his Air Hogs X-Twin in the bottom of the toy chest and piled stuff on top of it. When we pulled it out recently we found the foam crushed out of shape. Not pretty.

For fun, I removed all the electronic gear and installed it on a Guillows Strato Streak plane. Our 'test' flight in the den had it flying straight and fast. We'll be heading over to a gymnasium later for further research.

Elevator trim tabs are used to keep the nose up during power-on. We also thought THREE (3) propellers looked cool. We'll spin up the main prop for take-off and use the electric motors for cruising speed.

-Lee
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2009, 06:27 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Well...it flew, but turns were God-awful slow. Ya need a pretty big area for this one. Sure was entertaining though.
Jul 31, 2009, 08:18 AM
Great idea. Thanks for posting. I have some old guts and this looks like some simple to try.

Maybe reducing the rudder size might help with turns?

Quick Reply