More on the Obama 'birthers' - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 29, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Discussion

More on the Obama 'birthers'


Interesting NPR article.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...194869&ps=cprs
Jul 29, 2009, 10:57 AM
I got too many hobbies!
BRETT65's Avatar
There was another thread on this a couple days ago, its a waste of time for these people. Concentrate on his marxism is what I always say.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETT65
There was another thread on this a couple days ago, its a waste of time for these people. Concentrate on his marxism is what I always say.
I believe the buzzword recommended by the RNC is socialist not marxist. Remember....socialist...socialist...socialist....
Jul 29, 2009, 11:02 AM
Registered User Wannabe
rodneygt's Avatar
I'm in no way a BO supporter and I in no way think that he was not born in the U.S. - that's just silly.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:03 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Gerald's Avatar
...
Last edited by Gerald; Oct 27, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
I got too many hobbies!
BRETT65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcut
I believe the buzzword recommended by the RNC is socialist not marxist. Remember....socialist...socialist...socialist....

They all have the same destination.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
patrickegan's Avatar
This is a red herring, (look at the source, NPR) no one that has all of their teeth are buying this. If there was any credence to it, Hilary's campaign would have found it.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:09 AM
sensitive artsy type
Treetop's Avatar
Lots of good lines in that article, this is one of them:

Quote:
What most people would view as truly bizarre, conspiracy theorists find energizing.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickegan
This is a red herring, ...no one that has all of their teeth are buying this.
Are you suggesting that hockey players ARE buying this?

Sport Flyer

Who hasn't had all of his teeth since he was 14
Jul 29, 2009, 11:26 AM
I got too many hobbies!
BRETT65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
Are you suggesting that hockey players ARE buying this?

Sport Flyer

Who hasn't had all of his teeth since he was 14

He means the meth mouth type of person.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:45 AM
Trampling out the vintage
Great article describing the incredible transformation of the GOP these days. I especially agree with this statement:

"With midterm elections coming up, and Obama losing some momentum, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Republicans to move to the middle, or [for the GOP to] rebrand itself as the party of competence," Fenster says.

"To the extent they become obsessed with marginal, complicated issues like birth certificates, it will be more difficult for them to run strong especially in 2012," he says.

There is golden opportunity here for the GOP to nuke Obama by projecting themselves as calm, competent centrists who lean a bit right on some issues. I've been saying this for months. But they are so busy screaming about marxism, socialism, birthplace, racism, destroying capitalism blah blah blah that they can't see it.

It warms my heart to see the GOP die - killed by its own hand. The more they scream and roar their strange slogans and conspiracy theories, the deeper the deluded faithful plunge the dagger into the heart of the GOP.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:50 AM
I got too many hobbies!
BRETT65's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Great article describing the incredible transformation of the GOP these days. I especially agree with this statement:

"With midterm elections coming up, and Obama losing some momentum, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Republicans to move to the middle, or [for the GOP to] rebrand itself as the party of competence," Fenster says.

"To the extent they become obsessed with marginal, complicated issues like birth certificates, it will be more difficult for them to run strong especially in 2012," he says.

There is golden opportunity here for the GOP to nuke Obama by projecting themselves as calm, competent centrists who lean a bit right on some issues. I've been saying this for months. But they are so busy screaming about marxism, socialism, birthplace, racism, destroying capitalism blah blah blah that they can't see it.

It warms my heart to see the GOP die - killed by its own hand. The more they scream and roar their strange slogans and conspiracy theories, the deeper the deluded faithful plunge the dagger into the heart of the GOP.

A centerist candidate got his ass kicked last fall, a true conservative is the real answer.
Jul 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Great article describing the incredible transformation of the GOP these days. I especially agree with this statement:

"With midterm elections coming up, and Obama losing some momentum, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Republicans to move to the middle, or [for the GOP to] rebrand itself as the party of competence," Fenster says.

"To the extent they become obsessed with marginal, complicated issues like birth certificates, it will be more difficult for them to run strong especially in 2012," he says.

There is golden opportunity here for the GOP to nuke Obama by projecting themselves as calm, competent centrists who lean a bit right on some issues. I've been saying this for months. But they are so busy screaming about marxism, socialism, birthplace, racism, destroying capitalism blah blah blah that they can't see it.
Do you really wonder why Republicans would hesitate to take your advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Smith
It warms my heart to see the GOP die - killed by its own hand. The more they scream and roar their strange slogans and conspiracy theories, the deeper the deluded faithful plunge the dagger into the heart of the GOP.
Jul 29, 2009, 12:02 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETT65
A centerist candidate got his ass kicked last fall, a true conservative is the real answer.
I love it. It just keeps getting better. At this rate, soon even Palin will not be "conservative enough".
Jul 29, 2009, 12:03 PM
Trampling out the vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Do you really wonder why Republicans would hesitate to take your advice?
All the time. And am grateful they do not.

BTW I think there may be something to this birther thing.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Effect of density altitude more on direct drive than redrive? rparigoris Power Systems 3 Aug 18, 2002 03:45 AM
More on Zagi maneuvers grot Foamies (Kits) 2 Apr 06, 2002 10:10 AM
more on micro motors for fans dave morris Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Oct 11, 2001 05:56 PM
More on the "Endo" Dereck Sport Planes 17 Sep 28, 2001 07:39 PM