Jul 27, 2009, 02:37 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Discussion

USA F3B Team update thread...

OK guys and gals,

We are packed and ready to head up to LAX tonight prior to our departure bright and early Tuesday morning (6:20am to be precise)...ughh!

So, as a team, I feel we are ready. As ready as a US team can be since we are usually so spread appart. All of our gliders are in one piece, and ready to fly. Tom and Mike Lachowski are indicating their readiness, and I am pretty well saturated, but ready for some in country practice. We have been asked to help the organizers get warmed up on the sighting devices, and the timing and scoring equipment, so we will get some very good on site practice on Friday before the Brno World Cup. As a team we treat the World Cup contest as practice contest, so don't expect any great results from us on that one The WC's start on the 3rd of August, and go through Friday the 7th with Saturday as a make up day for rain.

Scores will most likey be updated as soon as the flight groups finish throughout the day. Check here for scores, and other 2009 World Champs information (like the flight group matrix)

http://www.f3b2009.com/

Everything is packed, and when I say everything, I mean everything. Getting there are back is quite a painstaking task. We have 6 winches weighing just under 50lbs each, 3 sportubes - one with the 6 turnarounds, a tool bag that likely weighs more than 50 lbs, V-tail box, Transmitters, Clothes......The list is long.

So, off we go. Wish us luck, and send positive vibrations out to us in the Czech Republic. We could not have planned this trip without all of your kind and generous support.

More later.

Mike Smith and Team USA F3B
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2009, 09:23 PM
The pilot list and flight groups for rounds 1-8 have been published on the official web site. A total of 52 pilots entered. 12 of us are entered on 2.4.

Six duration groups, 11 distance groups per round.

At least my travels won't be as long. Except for getting to JFK for the flight to Prague.
Jul 27, 2009, 11:28 PM
yyz
yyz
Good luck you guys!

Mike
Jul 28, 2009, 02:13 AM
Detail Freak
Mike L-
Put that lead I cast you to good use....

Good luck, all.

R,
Target
Jul 28, 2009, 02:50 AM
F3B and F3K
Have a good flight to Praque and good luck!

Please report as much info as possible during the championship!

Will someone be around at the Eurotour in Kulmbach the week end after the WC?

Best regards,
Reto
Jul 28, 2009, 11:27 AM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Cloudy over denver. At least that is what I am seeing from my 37000 foot perspective. WiFi in the sky baby. Gotta love technology. All equipment should be safely in the belly of the plane, and we are cruising at Mach 0.81. Super tired right now, so maybe that means I will be able to sleep on the leg to Prague. No Internet over the Atlantic, and likely not much to report till we get there, so this will be it for now.

We will be reporting back every chance we get.

Cheers all.
Mike and team USA
Jul 28, 2009, 12:09 PM
Flying What?!?
Thanks Mike for giving reports. It's really kool to follow along and I do appreciate the effort!

I wish the whole team the best of luck and very safe/timely travels!

WIFI in the air? what airline?

Thanks,
TL
Jul 28, 2009, 12:52 PM

Now THAT'S speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
...we are cruising at Mach 0.81.
Schnell!

Tom
Jul 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnnwizard
Thanks Mike for giving reports. It's really kool to follow along and I do appreciate the effort!

I wish the whole team the best of luck and very safe/timely travels!

WIFI in the air? what airline?

Thanks,
TL
Delta. 7.95 for the flight, but you guys are worth it.

Thank you for the kind words Tuan.

Will post more soon.

Cheers....

The B guys
Jul 28, 2009, 02:07 PM
Good luck Mike S, Mike L and Tom. We are well represented and I am sure you will do very well.

Keep us posted.
Jul 28, 2009, 07:18 PM

Planes??

Does anyone know what planes our team guys are flying?? The Germans, especially Martin Webershock, are tough to beat!!
Jul 28, 2009, 07:52 PM
Challenge is rewarding
Mike Smith- Target
Thomas Kiesling- Freestyler 3
Mike Lachowski-Freestyler 3, Ceres Lift
Jul 29, 2009, 01:58 AM
F3B and F3K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappet
The Germans, especially Martin Webershock, are tough to beat!!
Don't forget the swiss, Andreas Böhlen, his brother and Christian Müller are also very well prepared.

Good luck and save travel to the B-guys and thank you very much for reporting! It is very much appreciated!

Reto
Jul 29, 2009, 05:46 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Good luck guys. We are all rooting for you!
Jul 29, 2009, 07:48 AM
Go team! trust your skills. WD

Quick Reply