Jul 23, 2009, 07:57 PM
All electric, all the time!
Alert

Polks Hobby ARF's $25

Got this email from Polks Hobby. Bad for them good for you if you like their planes:

ARF CLOSEOUT
SALE
JULY 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.polkshobby.com
CLOSEOUT SALE!!!
Dear All, We're going out of the model airplane Arf and accessory business for the time being and liquidating our inventory for less than manufacturing cost. All of our airplane ARF's are $25 while supplies last and our speed controls are priced at less than the parts costs. Please check out our web site for current sale pricing and look for some of your favorites at prices that have been set to move them out. Items like our AristoCat and Zoomer are great flyers and were popular with those that have purchased them. Anyway,
have at it while the supply lasts.
All the best, Lewis Polk
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2009, 08:48 PM
Overconfidentii Flyis Caninus
I did some Google searches on a couple of the ARF planes they are blowing out and I find a common thing among them..........they are apparently crap! Things mentioned were warped wings, bad covering, weak structures, etc. etc. Also, I think the shipping rates (especially for multiple items in one order) are ridiculous IMO Good thing I did some checking before I placed an order
Jul 23, 2009, 08:51 PM
Fly, Crash, Cry...
I placed an order for 2 planes, and the shipping was $50 for UPS Ground. Still a good price, but not great.
Jul 23, 2009, 09:54 PM
they would prob sell more if it was easy to find out what they had to sell. After 10 mins of trying to use thier search page and then trying to coordinate that with google, I said F it.

In this day and age it's not hard to setup a decent catalog online. Sale lost.
Jul 23, 2009, 10:38 PM
I wasn't too impressed, either. When I actually found the models... ugh. No thanks. The ESCs look a bit ancient, too.
Jul 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Web site sucks big time.
Jul 23, 2009, 11:16 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
I can't even find the planes or radios or ESC's or...
It's like they are going out of business?
Jul 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
You have to search for ARF
Jul 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
$39 for a DC-3 shipped :-) Oh yeah!
Jul 24, 2009, 12:53 AM
Ordered the Cub and DR-1 and the total shipping is $27.29
Jul 24, 2009, 03:17 AM
Has anyone noticed that they dont seem to have the pad lock were they want you to enter your credit card info ???? not sure if its secure
Jul 24, 2009, 03:31 AM
I think I go fly

no joy

search for arf with nothing. I am going to walk the dog.

Pyro
Jul 24, 2009, 06:42 AM
EA OUTLAWS
Not a user friendly website
Jul 24, 2009, 07:21 AM
Click on item search Goto product line. Click on the drop down menu and click on airplane helicopter. All the planes are on the next couple of pages.

Ken
Jul 24, 2009, 07:47 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
I was looking at the Dr. I, but a quick search of the forums here revealed that it was pushing 3-4 lbs. flying weight when electrified. It is a glow ARF and motor mounting, battery access, etc. will all have to be fabricated.