Blade MSR Confirmed. PICs Below + video and video review - Page 388 - RC Groups
Oct 25, 2009, 07:59 PM
No its hella responsive. The gimbals and resolution of the DX5 are just not as high as the DX6/7. All my aircraft had a large boost in response after changing from the DX5. The DX5 is still not a bad radio, but it is what it is, and its a touch mushy in response.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2009, 08:03 PM
Flying RC since 1962
Ok... would a 6i be just as good as a 7 as far as the increased response... or is the 7 another step ahead of the 6i in that area??

Thanks again
Oct 25, 2009, 08:21 PM
Flying RC since 1962
Too freeking cool... just had my first night flight! I have a pretty strong street light out front.. that coupled with the blue light on the msr board works just right!

I wanted something to fly at home... I fly giant scale airplanes mostly and can't always get out to fly... you know weather, trailer hook up, travel etc

You can fly the MSR inside, outside, and at night!

Needless to say I am very pleased with this little bugger. I will either put it on my 12x or get a 6i for it... I must say the DX5e doesn't do a bad job... I usually use it for my buddy box.
Oct 25, 2009, 08:51 PM
Just flew it

Blade mod to help blade grip

This is by no means my idea I copied it from someone else on this thread (bob?)....

If you file a C shape relief on the blade root (rather than filing a straight line)
Not only do you get a good fold angle but when the blade gets pushed back it actually pushes in the same direction the blade grip screw, supplementing it's strength

I've also put a small radius in front of the pivot, this allows the blades to pivot slightly forward when stored, making blades more in line with the flybar - thus fitting into an (even) smaller case - pictured
Oct 25, 2009, 10:40 PM
I like that case! That would fit in my suitcase very well. What is it and where can I get one? I could store batteries and the transformer in the charger. The DX7 is already in the suitcase. No more using the original box as a carrying case.
Oct 26, 2009, 01:59 AM
Yes I looped the MSR post 5388
Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys
This is by no means my idea I copied it from someone else on this thread (bob?)....

If you file a C shape relief on the blade root (rather than filing a straight line)
Not only do you get a good fold angle but when the blade gets pushed back it actually pushes in the same direction the blade grip screw, supplementing it's strength

I've also put a small radius in front of the pivot, this allows the blades to pivot slightly forward when stored, making blades more in line with the flybar - thus fitting into an (even) smaller case - pictured

With that case youve solved my problem, I went to the indoor last Friday night and had to place it in a large box with some rags in the box to stop it rattling around during transportation, hmmm simple solutions, I like it...
Oct 26, 2009, 03:15 AM
Just flew it

Carry case

Thanks for your kind comments
I made the case myself from a box that I found in a hobby/craft store and lined it with various thicknesses of flight case foam

I'm the the UK but I'm sure that you could get something similar locally

If you were jealous before - I've found out that it fits perfectly into my TX case
I now have to cut out some new foam to hold the TX. If I stand the MSR case on it's edge, I could get another one by it's side to hold the charger etc - more playing time required

I've tried putting a few on ebay in the UK, not really to make any huge profit - just to fund my hobby addiction! I would ship overseas but I think that the shipping cost would be tooo high. I wasn't aiming to target rcgroup'ers - just share the idea so that can make your own

Another option that worked really well, you know the little boxes with dividers for holding screws and the like, with a bit of luck finding the right size you can dremmel out the dividers into an msr shape. It takes a lot of work but can get a neat result - I'm off to work now but will post a picture of it later
Oct 26, 2009, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys
Thanks for your kind comments
I made the case myself from a box that I found in a hobby/craft store and lined it with various thicknesses of flight case foam

I'm the the UK but I'm sure that you could get something similar locally

If you were jealous before - I've found out that it fits perfectly into my TX case
I now have to cut out some new foam to hold the TX. If I stand the MSR case on it's edge, I could get another one by it's side to hold the charger etc - more playing time required

I've tried putting a few on ebay in the UK, not really to make any huge profit - just to fund my hobby addiction! I would ship overseas but I think that the shipping cost would be tooo high. I wasn't aiming to target rcgroup'ers - just share the idea so that can make your own

Another option that worked really well, you know the little boxes with dividers for holding screws and the like, with a bit of luck finding the right size you can dremmel out the dividers into an msr shape. It takes a lot of work but can get a neat result - I'm off to work now but will post a picture of it later
Sometimes you can be really lucky and have such a snug fit like that making it look almost like it had been manufactured specifically for your setup.....

Sweet looking case setup....
Oct 26, 2009, 08:17 AM
**I'm Battman**
Can't remember if I shared this foam cutting tip in this heli thread or not.

Anyway, you just trace an outline around the object in your foam block and use a kitchen electric carving knife to make the cut-out. Makes a perfect clean cut. Works beautifully.

rc
Oct 26, 2009, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Can't remember if I shared this foam cutting tip in this heli thread or not.

Anyway, you just trace an outline around the object in your foam block and use a kitchen electric carving knife to make the cut-out. Makes a perfect clean cut. Works beautifully.

rc

Thats what I use, works a treat....
Oct 26, 2009, 09:46 AM
how cai i reset the neutral point of the servos??
i try binding, but nothing
Oct 26, 2009, 09:57 AM
The cusker site also has a performance kit listed that they claim allows flips from hover with throttle and cyclic alone.
Oct 26, 2009, 10:08 AM
can't afford to pay attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maRRRco
how cai i reset the neutral point of the servos??
i try binding, but nothing
Subtrim or trim can change the neutral point of the servos, but why do you want to do that?

Are you using the stock transmitter? If not, what do you have?
Oct 26, 2009, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow
spira,

This sounds like a great idea. How small was the elastic you used? I'm thinking off pulling apart some "hat elastic" and using a single strand. These are quite thin, so it should provide a nice minimal amount of force to do this. Thanks for the idea!
Yeah that sounds fine, I just used some I had lying around the house, I suppose the the thinner the better so it doesn`t hinder forward flight it also improves backward flight silightly as the small amount of pressure from the elastic helps it respond a bit quicker, I`ve lost count of the times elastic has improved flight performance in these little micro helis, I`d be lost without it
Oct 26, 2009, 03:24 PM
race ace
Had my MSR just over a week and love it, this little thing is great for buzzing round the lounge while the wife is trying to watch tv

Quick Reply