Jul 23, 2009, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

R/c Tp52

Hi All,

I have been busy in the wet and windy weather here in Wellington.

I have been given permission to build sailing replicas of the TP52 keelboat class, and I have a prototype ready for launch tomorrow, with view of having boats ready for production in about 2 months.

Specs are

798mm LOA (1/20th Scale)
180mm Beam
1000mm Mast
300mm Draft
950gram Ballast
1.7kg sailing weight

Boats will be sold complete, ready to sail, Fibreglass hull and deck with top quality fittings and equipment, such as ball raced gooseneck, adjustable booms, paneled sails, groovy mast, laser cut s/s fittings, futaba r/c equipment, 6v battery, cradle, shipping box.

Initial Pricing target is $1500 nzd.

Pic below is of the prototype being rigged, I will have sailing photos tomorrow, weather permitting, as it is blowing around 50 -60kns today.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2009, 08:17 AM
Fine model to choose. Those boats are very sexy.

Congrats on the new proto, and hope she does what ya want.

Cheers mate.
Jul 24, 2009, 02:25 AM
Thread OP

First Sail

Hi All,

Went out for the first sail today, in windy, cold SE wind.

It went really well, good handling, with some areas for improvements as always.

It has a modified IOM deck on it, just wanted to test the hull before making a deck plug, also the foild are just knockups for testing, hull is pretty much production ready.

Good speed, will have to try against my IOM for comparision.

Few photos below.

I love the TP class at the moment, so this fits in with that, and thanks Nigel
Last edited by isobaryachts; Jul 24, 2009 at 03:05 AM.

Quick Reply