Jul 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
Fly 3D Mon!
Surfs up Snoopy!

Thats awesome!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2009, 01:30 AM
My plans are in my blog
Dave Barrow... I love your Snoopy board. I googled Snoopy, but couldn't find a pic of him surfing (I found him on a skateboard, but it didn't look cool enough). Yours is too cool, dude. i think maybe I'd do one, but making the board shorter and wider, more cartoonish I uppose. I look forward to your flight report.
Jul 26, 2009, 07:43 AM
Rusty, here is the sketch I used. I left some extra material in the neck/arms area when I cut the foam, for strength. I made him 12" tall, to the top of his head, not the ears.
Last edited by Dave Barrow; Aug 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Jul 26, 2009, 10:29 AM
-+- PhlatBoyz -+-
Thread OP
That looks great Dave! too cool.
I wonder what/who else we could put on the board
Mark
Jul 26, 2009, 10:44 AM
Dave,
I did a Snoopy similar to that on something else and glued black felt on for the ears.
It looked cool when flying because the ears would flap back in the breeze.

I lost the pictures when my computer got hit by a virus.

Tim
Jul 26, 2009, 10:53 AM
Winging it Ò>
Quote:
Originally Posted by kram242
That looks great Dave! too cool.
I wonder what/who else we could put on the board
Mark
I was thinking of attaching my surfer dude with Velcro; that way I can interchange a Homer, Snoopy, Cartmen etc.
Jul 26, 2009, 11:18 AM
Fly 3D Mon!
Can't forget about Joe Cool Snoopy.
Change his hands a little and he'd be surfing.
Jul 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
I was thinking of attaching my surfer dude with Velcro; that way I can interchange a Homer, Snoopy, Cartmen etc.
the vertical fin on any kind of flying board is critical. If it flops over during flight it will assuredly crash.

I put an interchangeable pilot on my flying carpet but I had to secure it with tie wraps tightly to keep it from flopping over during hard turns.

Tim
Jul 26, 2009, 12:02 PM
Mark, thanks for the compliment, and the plans. I'm sure the potential list of surfers is endless.

tdearth, great idea, the ears are a weak point. If they break, I'll try the felt idea.

leadfeather, someone tried rare earth magnets on a flying carpet character, they didn't hold. There is a lot of side pressure on the character in turns. He then used tie wraps, which he said is holding well. You could try that, or your velcro and some fishing line through the character near the top and attached to the sides of the board. I did that on a nitro powered one that the character was held on by bolts through the bottom, and it held well.

3Dmon, , I may have to add some sunglasses to mine.
Jul 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
My plans are in my blog
Thanks Dave.
Jul 26, 2009, 07:59 PM
NewFlyer
I am so going to build this! Hopefully mine is with Lilo and Stitch on it!! Will be cool also...
Jul 26, 2009, 09:09 PM
Lilo and Stitch, great idea for a surfboard.
Jul 26, 2009, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
Penquins..........
Jul 26, 2009, 10:18 PM
NewFlyer
Maybe just Stitch...

Here's the original graphics... You can google for bigger sized image. But i am currently working on Stitch.

Anyone can give me the size of the Surfer Dude alone? Height X Width?

[Edit]
Removed Photo due to (You know what...).
Last edited by KenChin; Jul 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Jul 27, 2009, 12:08 AM
WOW!
This is way too cool....

I am building one now!
One stupid question.... with the nose portion bent slightly upward (within the 2 inch max limit specified), does that means the motor is also mounted at that same angle as it IS mounted on the nose portion?

Quick Reply