Jul 17, 2009, 08:13 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Thread OP
Discussion

The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi Owners thread!!!! Thoughts, experiences

At long last, the Amazing Parkzone Sukhoi is arriving at hobby shops and showing up on the doorsteps of enthusiastic pilots.

Congrats to all of you guys who have them already! My LHS hasn't called yet...but I'm going to check to see if mine is in today!

So what do you guys think so far?

How does it compare to the previous Parkzone/Kyosho Etomic/Minimum releases?

Does it stack up to the hype?

What are you seeing for run times?

Is prop-breakage a common problem?
Last edited by Smokescreen38; Jul 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hi,

Only flown a couple of times. So far loving it.

Cannot comment on run times yet as both flights have been cut short by weather (wind, then rain).

Had a couple of quite heavy "landings" - prop first into grass - the plane took it very well in it's stride.

I also have a Minium Flybaby and a Cesna - this Sukhoi is a completely different animal - fast and very agille - very precise. Also much better in slighty windy conditions - I think because it generally flies a lot faster.

I am very keen to experiment with battery placement. It is a long battery bay (75mm) which gives plenty of option for tuning C of G by moving the battery.

I also really like the box - as it hinges open now and you do not have to slide out the inner packaging.

They also supply a second prop - nice touch!

Sheks

My web site with a video of my Sukhoi:
http://boyswithtoys.ning.com/
Last edited by sheks; Jul 17, 2009 at 08:47 AM.
Jul 17, 2009, 09:15 AM
Capitalist
It's like a ghost town in here. Only 3 posts----watches tumbleweed blow around-----

Hopefully my Sukhoi will be in today at the LHS.
Jul 17, 2009, 09:23 AM
Up Up and Away!

Official Parkzone Sukhoi Thread!!!(ITS RELEASED!)

Hey guys, thought I would make the sukhoi thread, its been a while really, but its worth it!

Since I made the thread for the vapor, why shouldnt I do it for the sukhoi?

Put all of your mods, reviews, observations etc here.

Anything sukhoi related? KEEP IT IN HERE!

some previous threads

THE MAIN OLD THREAD!

Official Parkzone Sukhoi PRE RELEASE Thread!!!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1010609

Yippee! - ParkZone 4-Channel Ultra-Micro Sneak Peek
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963617

parkzone sukhoi ???
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991706

PZ Sukhoi live on web 2-26-09!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1007798

Happy Sukhoi Flying!
Jul 17, 2009, 09:29 AM
Up Up and Away!
I would recommend locking this thread up.

This is the OFFICAL thread I made.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1081070

keep sukhoi stuff in there
Jul 17, 2009, 09:32 AM
..·`·.><((((º>.·`·.><((((º>
Here is the ESC and motor that I'm ordering when its in stock..
2 gram brushless outrunner
1 gram 3amp brushless esc

This setup is 3 grams TOTAL The question is, will it have enough thrust to push the sukhoi past the 1:1 thrust ratio?

Does anyone know what the motor/gearbox weight is on the sukhoi, or even the vapor?
Jul 17, 2009, 09:33 AM
Great!! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for today. Would be great to have for the weekend. Let the mods begin
Jul 17, 2009, 09:36 AM
Capitalist
this thread says official too. Lets lock your instead
Jul 17, 2009, 09:41 AM
As this is "The Official" Thread, here are my very brief first comments:

Only flown a couple of times. So far loving it.

Mine is bound to a DX7. Running a little EXPO on aileron.

Cannot comment on run times yet as both flights have been cut short by weather (wind, then rain).

Had a couple of quite heavy "landings" - prop first into grass - the plane took it very well in it's stride.

I also have a Minium Flybaby and a Cesna - this Sukhoi is a completely different animal - fast and very agille - very precise. Also much better in slighty windy conditions - I think because it generally flies a lot faster.

I am very keen to experiment with battery placement. It is a long battery bay (75mm) which gives plenty of option for tuning C of G by moving the battery.

I also really like the box - as it hinges open now and you do not have to slide out the inner packaging.

They also supply a second prop - nice touch!

Sheks

My web site with a video of my Sukhoi:
http://boyswithtoys.ning.com/
Jul 17, 2009, 09:45 AM
Up Up and Away!
my looks and feel better
Jul 17, 2009, 09:46 AM
Capitalist
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I like it. I'm sold---jumps ship to the 4th official thread
Jul 17, 2009, 09:47 AM
Up Up and Away!
yea I saw your video, lets wake the CA boys, I cant wait!
Jul 17, 2009, 09:48 AM
Capitalist
I'm up here 2 hrs N. of Sacramento and were being told Tuesday by the LHS-both of them-- well see if they get it sooner.
Up Up and Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I like it. I'm sold---jumps ship to the 4th official thread
yea I thought so lol
The building never ends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl0flyer
Here is the ESC and motor that I'm ordering when its in stock..
2 gram brushless outrunner
1 gram 3amp brushless esc

This setup is 3 grams TOTAL The question is, will it have enough thrust to push the sukhoi past the 1:1 thrust ratio?

Does anyone know what the motor/gearbox weight is on the sukhoi, or even the vapor?
No. The 2 gram motor isn't going to produce enough thrust to get the Sukhoi over 1:1. Real-world test results seem to put the 2 gram outrunner at around 20 grams of thrust at nearly 2A current draw. And this is with a GWS 3020 prop, which isn't going to be large enough for the Sukhoi. The 6mm brushed motor + gearbox + prop from the current PZ micros weighs about four grams. The 1S 110 mAH battery weighs four grams. So the Sukhoi's AUW minus the power pack is under 25 grams. The brushless setup is going to need a heftier battery to supply the required current, since the PZ/E-Flite 110 mAH packs seem to have, at most, an 8 to 10C rating.

To swing a large enough prop, you will need to go with a larger motor with a lower KV rating. Search for 5 gram outrunners with a KV rating between 3400 to 4500. These will produce 45 to 48 grams of thrust at 1.5A current draw at the low end of the range, and over 60 grams at 2A current draw at the upper end of the range.

Quick Reply