Thread OP
Yippee!

Blue Angels Open Tryouts.

Looks like the Blue Angels are holding Open Tryouts

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...irst_ever_open
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2009, 08:04 AM
Speed Demon
Good thing that I stopped drinking my coffee before getting too far into that article or it would have been all over the keyboard and screen.

I knew when I saw the title of this thread and the thread originator that it was going to be a fun one. Thanks for the laughs Gene.

"Others noted the beaming face of Peter Collsworthy, a foreman at an Akron, OH cement plant for the past 25 years, who got the biggest roars from the crowd by far.

"He may have flunked the 'near-miss' part of the high-speed aerobatic pass, caused the death of a man with 17 years' flight experience when he sheared the wing off of Cmdr. Hickock's plane, vomited into his helmet, panicked, inverted the aircraft with the throttles maxed, and hit Mach 1 just before crashing into bleachers full of spectators with almost a full load of fuel," Blue Angels commanding officer Brock Saxon said. "But he nailed the steep climb and the steep dive, and he certainly had showmanship. If there's one thing I keep telling my cadets, it's that you can't teach enthusiasm. I think we all learned a little something about the power of raw enthusiasm here today."

"That crowd was rocking out to 'Danger Zone' when he plummeted into them at the speed of sound," said Lois Collsworthy, Peter's widow. "That would have meant a lot to him. He always loved that song."
Jul 17, 2009, 08:33 AM
The sign up list cracked me up!

Zach
Jul 17, 2009, 08:56 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Thank Mikey for sending me the link...

Free Mikey...........
Jul 17, 2009, 09:43 PM
Mad Max meets the Thinker
Wow... gee why didn't that make the other news networks? (sarcasm present of course).

That was quite humorous (if not macabre).

So I wonder if there could be a blue angle RC team... hmmm

Cyb
Jul 18, 2009, 12:20 AM
CAP 232-aholic
that was simply LOL

nice share

Quick Reply