Mar 01, 2016, 11:25 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Well, it is done. It ain't gon'a win no beauty contests. Had one pretty serious problem. While
putting on the top wing, I stood up and got light headed and had to sit down, The glue cooled
and the center support stuck and I had to cut it loose. Not very pretty, but other than make
a new wing, don't know what else to do.

The motor on it is a 1600kv, I have a 800 and 1300 coming. The 1600 draws 20a. The esc
is 18 and the motor is 16. I think the 1300 will be just right. The prop is 9X4.7
AUW is just a bit over 19oz, I am happy with that, the CoG, just behind the leading edge of
the bottom wing is with a 3s 1300. I don't have a 2s the same weight. It takes about an ounce
to balance with the biggest 2s I have.

I did a real short flight in the parking lot behind me, seemed fine. Not much light.

to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2016, 10:16 AM
I see you have the airfoil the same on both wings.. Mine was opposite airfoils per plans But with all the paper and paint mine is heavy like 2 ponds heavy with the weight in the nose to balance it. Mine seems to fly on one wing or the other not both at the same time. It trims one way and then dips the nose and I have to do major retrim. I thought it was an incidence issue but that has been ruled out. I plan to build a second one with no paper DTFB and put both airfoils the same as yours is Isn't this a hoot?
Mar 02, 2016, 10:21 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmitchell11
I see you have the airfoil the same on both wings.. Mine was opposite airfoils per plans But with all the paper and paint mine is heavy like 2 ponds heavy with the weight in the nose to balance it. Mine seems to fly on one wing or the other not both at the same time. It trims one way and then dips the nose and I have to do major retrim. I thought it was an incidence issue but that has been ruled out. I plan to build a second one with no paper DTFB and put both airfoils the same as yours is Isn't this a hoot?
It's nice to have designs you can play with and not break the bank or
consume all your time.

I didn't get enough of a flight to really see what I have.
Mar 07, 2016, 09:21 PM
So how did it fly with the airfoils
May 20, 2016, 10:24 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmitchell11
So how did it fly with the airfoils
Sorry, just noticed your post. It flies great. Very happy with it.
Sep 10, 2016, 08:50 AM
Where did that tree come from
Look at what I'm having fun with this morning. I had forgotten how sweet this plane fly.
Sep 10, 2016, 03:29 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
I have forgotten how sweet it is too fly..at all...
Sep 21, 2016, 09:00 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
I put four batteries through the Elipso Biplane yesterday. What a joy to fly.
Sep 21, 2016, 11:57 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Here is a bad day
Formula 1 Race #1 'Hot Stuff' Accident (1 min 49 sec)
Sep 21, 2016, 11:58 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Another bad day
GIGANTIC RC CRASH SAAB GRIPEN XXXL SCALE MODEL TURBINE JET FATAL END TOTAL DESTROYED (2 min 31 sec)
Sep 21, 2016, 09:25 PM
Dang...bad days indeed
Dec 25, 2016, 06:51 AM
Where did that tree come from
Hoping everyone and their family have a Merry Christmas
Dec 25, 2016, 08:32 AM
Merry Christmas All!
Dec 25, 2016, 12:48 PM
Merry Christmas!
Oct 20, 2018, 05:35 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Two years later on one of the best planes I ever build, but

Mine died today. The Emax 2822 was never enough motor, it flew, but had limits. Last night I
installed a Racestar 2812 1000kv with a 20a esc, 35 more watts.

a bit windy, but I fly in the wind all the time. As I came in of final, added some power and the nose
came off just in front of the wings. The plane has been beat and battered for two years and
several hundred flights and I guess it just gave up.

Getting ready to print plans for the replacement. nothing will be changed, just a new air frame
with all the old parts. Servos, motor, esc, landing gear, horns, push rods. Pilot.

Quick Reply