Aug 07, 2011, 10:06 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down

Geessss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7am_Eyw#at=405
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hi Dalton, Im new to the hobby.
I didnt heed the warning and got addicted!
I have to say i'm still learning to fly so my flights aren't so good sometimes, when I don't have something adjusted right. In the clip I had the onboard cam going and I used a key chain cam (thanks for that idea too) it went for a heck of a ride took a tree crash and caught everything that cam is GREAT!! I ordred 2 more $10 ebay. But my problem in flight was I tried to reverse the allirons in flight not a good move for a rookie, I also reversed the elevator by mistake and didnt figure out what was going on until it was too late. I kept flying inverted!
I crashed about 1/4 mile away in a tree on a neighbors ranch, he said he has been watching me learn to fly he remebered flying the cox gas planes I told him what you guys were doing and gave him the site. Soon he will be hooked!
Also I was wondering on average how long it should take for a person to learn how fly,and land? Im having problems landing too im flying in horse feilds and my landing feild ends with a fence and tree line you can see when I take off. Enjoying every minute of it though.I get all jiddy in my fingers.
I pick up that you live in SC, my mother lives right near greer near bmw plant,
Thanks again heres some pics and that crazy flight.
Im sorry I cant seem to upload clip right now will try in awhile again.
Aug 12, 2011, 07:31 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Bluefish - I would recommend getting a simulator. FMS is a freebee and there are a couple others. They may not be perfect, but you will train your thumbs and it will be much cheaper in the long run than crashing, fixing, flying. You will have plenty of that after the simulator.

Or, build a bunch of EAs - but take it slow. They do not need much throttle.

Find a field with high grass - this may help cushion the impact with the ground.

The simulator is the way to go though.

Bob
Aug 13, 2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the advise Bob, I have a Realflight which I do pretty well on most planes, The problem most of the time is the simulator planes fly almost perfect they are easy to recover and they give you nice areas to land.
I'm still working on my control when coming in for a landing, I know I should do touch and go but my runway dead ends to a fence and tree line when I come in for a landing I have to land. The ground is really bumpy and soft dirt from the horses.
I do fly my slow stick pretty well no more crashing with that but still bad landings.
I can't get ths video to upload, I trimed it converted it can anyone tell me how to upload videos?
Thanks
Aug 13, 2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish11
Thanks for the advise Bob, I have a Realflight which I do pretty well on most planes, The problem most of the time is the simulator planes fly almost perfect they are easy to recover and they give you nice areas to land.
I'm still working on my control when coming in for a landing, I know I should do touch and go but my runway dead ends to a fence and tree line when I come in for a landing I have to land. The ground is really bumpy and soft dirt from the horses.
I do fly my slow stick pretty well no more crashing with that but still bad landings.
I can't get ths video to upload, I trimed it converted it can anyone tell me how to upload videos?
Thanks
If you are uploading to RCG, you have to submit to the Video Section and stay under 200 megs. Best thing to do is set up a account on www.vimeo.com and up load there, then just post the link to the vid any where you would like.
Aug 13, 2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info. DaOldGuy.
Heres the link to my crash
control reverse (3 min 9 sec)

I was most impressed how well the cam held up!
$!0.00 key chain cam
Aug 13, 2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the info. DaOldGuy.
Heres the link to my crash http://www.vimeo.com/27661566
I was most impressed how well the cam held up!
$!0.00 key chain cam
You had some strange glitchin going on after finding that tree / bush. I have 3 of those Key Chain cams, they hold up very well.

Landing are strange to get used to, I always tell people to face the direction the plane is pointed, look back over your sholder at the plane. It give your mind a better orientation until you can teach your fingers about reversed controls.

For the simulator, if it is easy and controlled increase wind, step up to a less stable airplane, one with no dehydral and does not seof correct, step the challenge to yourself. You can also download additional planes for the sim that someone has improve relistic flight.

From my view, looks like you got a good handle on things, even the best pilots have ooppss and trees.
Aug 13, 2011, 01:12 PM
I was flying ok but when i tried to make that switch it just went haywire, I kept going inverted.
I recovered it the next morning, the plane had min. damage sm broken chip on wing tip.
Aug 13, 2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
I was flying ok but when i tried to make that switch it just went haywire, I kept going inverted.
I recovered it the next morning, the plane had min. damage sm broken chip on wing tip.
Wow... Its just a flesh wound. That is really good considering.

Where is that Dalton Dude.... That packing and cleaning stuff must be getting the best of him.
Aug 14, 2011, 04:36 AM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy

Where is that Dalton Dude.... That packing and cleaning stuff must be getting the best of him.
Dalton wife probable pack the computer up first, so she can get some work out of him.
Aug 14, 2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Dalton wife probable pack the computer up first, so she can get some work out of him.
well... I had not thought about that possibility.
Aug 14, 2011, 07:45 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Hello everyone. I found the box with the computer in it.

She really didn't pack it but this stuff is taking all my time. It's good to see you guy's are still posting. That's a very good thing and makes me happy to log on and see all the activity.

WOW, I like your EA Bluefish! Thanks for the pictures and video. Looks like the switch from the Slow Stick to the EA is really going quite well. Don't give up, keep practicing. I hope your neighbor will join in and build one as well. It's always better to have a flying buddy to fly with. What better legacy for the EA than building good neighbor relations. Your Mom and I must live very close to each other. I'm glad you built an EA. Now that you're in da club you have to keep posting comments about your plane or planes or whatever else you care to post. We're very casual here.

Some of the guy's that work for me ask me to meet them early Friday morning at a park near work for some flying time. I think they knew that I needed a fix and that this would make life better for me and them.
We had a great time and it may have stimulated their interest in flying again.

It's good to be back online with you guy's as well!!! Maybe I can slip away more often but if not please keep da thread going, I'll catch up.
Aug 14, 2011, 08:05 PM
You are just in time, School is in session

34" Extra EPP-fun-after hours pilot Joe Smith --caution (3 min 41 sec)
Aug 14, 2011, 08:17 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
You are just in time, School is in session
I would like to take some lessons from that Dude if I thought I could fly like dat!
Aug 14, 2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
I would like to take some lessons from that Dude if I thought I could fly like dat!
My thumbs aint got it even with lessons....

Da Slick rebuild is getting close.

Quick Reply