Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good flight!
Thanks, and many happy Ho, Ho's to you and yours.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2012, 08:57 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Well, Let's hear what old Santa brought you for christmas, mostly in the RC category.

All I got in RC stuff was an Alien Craft for adults 8yrs and older. I've been driving Rascal crazy with it. My kids give it to me mostly as a joke, I think.
Dec 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Gary,
I like your Avatar, what are you standing in front of, a 172?
Dec 25, 2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
Gary,
I like your Avatar, what are you standing in front of, a 172?
Yep, that is a 172. The plane belongs to Mid-Island Air. That photo was taken before my first flight a few weeks ago.
Dec 25, 2012, 09:24 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
Yep, that is a 172. The plane belongs to Mid-Island Air. That photo was taken before my first flight a few weeks ago.
Wow, you go Gary. Was that your first flight, your first lesson or your first solo?
Dec 25, 2012, 10:25 PM
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
That was the first flight and lesson. I don't really know how far my wallet will take me but it is a blast! There is quite a bit to take in so I think I will take it slow.
Dec 26, 2012, 07:26 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
That was the first flight and lesson. I don't really know how far my wallet will take me but it is a blast! There is quite a bit to take in so I think I will take it slow.
Yeah, taking your time is a good thing, plus you get to enjoy the experience much longer. I didn't learn all I know about women overnight and like flying, I will never know it all.

It being your first flight and lesson I bet it was a blast knowing how much you love aviation.

BTW. The plane looks like the one they have pictured on their web site.
Dec 26, 2012, 08:04 AM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
I didn't learn all I know about women overnight
I gave up trying to understand women. It's a no win situation.
Dec 26, 2012, 09:06 AM
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
Yeah, taking your time is a good thing, plus you get to enjoy the experience much longer. I didn't learn all I know about women overnight and like flying, I will never know it all.

It being your first flight and lesson I bet it was a blast knowing how much you love aviation.

BTW. The plane looks like the one they have pictured on their web site.
Attached is the full photo of the plane and one with my flight instructor (Bill). It is a beautiful machine. Details here.
Dec 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
ski bum in training
addictedtoplanes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Merry Christmas to all and your family also. My wife is working herself to death , but she sure has the kitchen smelling good.
Cool painting
Dec 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Thanks for the pictures Gary. The 172 is a cool plane. That's what we flew on our last flight and now my son wants to buy one.

Find the money and keep taking those lessons. You want regret it. Even if you don't get your license you'll always have the memories and stories to tell others later.

I agree with addictedtoplanes on the painting Buddy. I saved it to my pictures. I could picture myself in the cub on final approach.
Dec 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtoplanes
Cool painting
It sure is. I'm using it as my wallpaper. Thanks!
Dec 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
It sure is. I'm using it as my wallpaper. Thanks!
I popped it up on our Club Facebook Page, very cool pic

https://www.facebook.com/SCRCClub
Dec 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
I popped it up on our Club Facebook Page, very cool pic

https://www.facebook.com/SCRCClub
There some great photo on your Club Facebook Page. Never seen a 3D plane skim across the water before.
Last edited by kid at 55; Dec 26, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Dec 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
There some great photo on your Club Facebook Page. Never seen a 3D plane skim across the water before.
Yeah... Arron seems to like to "test the waters" where he can. That was at Joe Nall last year.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Low cost XBee/GPS plane locator plans rich smith UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 5 Feb 04, 2009 02:57 PM
Easy way to make a quick, good looking jet Tumbler Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 54 Feb 08, 2005 05:26 PM
How to build a good looking pager motor plane! gbarc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 9 Jul 04, 2004 06:09 PM