Ellipso Aero's -WARNING! These models are to much fun. Use Caution, Highly Addictive! - Page 283 - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
Gravity gets me down.
Dalton - thought you might like this. Came across this while going through some slides. This was my dad's Bellanca - he had a blue one also, do not remember if before or after this one.

The Cessna 120 came in a basket, I am told. It was wrecked and he rebuilt it - was his first plane. This had two skylights and also had a terrible break fluid smell. I remember because we flew back from Atlantic City (grand parents had a boat there) and before we took off, I had my first and last grape soda...We ran into a storm and needless to say, the grape soda did not stay put...

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow
Dalton - thought you might like this. Came across this while going through some slides. This was my dad's Bellanca - he had a blue one also, do not remember if before or after this one.

The Cessna 120 came in a basket, I am told. It was wrecked and he rebuilt it - was his first plane. This had two skylights and also had a terrible break fluid smell. I remember because we flew back from Atlantic City (grand parents had a boat there) and before we took off, I had my first and last grape soda...We ran into a storm and needless to say, the grape soda did not stay put...

Bob
Thanks for the pictures Bob. Great looking planes! I have a few hours in the Cessna 140. I love flying that plane and I've always like the looks of the 140. Fabric wing gave it the nickname "rag wing". So, you still can't drink a grape soda til this day huh.

That Bellanca is a nice looking plane. He must have loved them if he owned two. I've never flown in one but I like all the old planes. I'm glad you ran across those photo's and thanks again for posting them.

Dalton
Apr 20, 2012, 09:00 AM
Gravity gets me down.
Space Shuttle pics (panoramic)

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...norama-science
Apr 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow
WOW! Nice panoramic view. It takes a copilot to push all those buttons.

I'll bet it would have been the rush of a life time to fly in the Shuttle.

Thanks for posting. I spent a lot of time zooming around the cockpit.
Apr 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
This man's wife has so much fun with the FFF.
Don't throw out the trash.
Extreme scratchbuilding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MxD4qOIUPJk
Apr 21, 2012, 07:27 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
This man's wife has so much fun with the FFF.
Don't throw out the trash.
Extreme scratchbuilding.
Seemed a tad tail heavy but very cool... Man, I am hungry now
Apr 21, 2012, 07:30 AM
Pea Tree McFarlyn flys for 1 hour 8 minutes
RC Plane Long Duration Flight (5 min 21 sec)
Apr 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Seemed a tad tail heavy but very cool... Man, I am hungry now
Yeah, how about some fast food.
Apr 21, 2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Yeah, how about some fast food.
How about some snow? I can do without it but we may see some
Apr 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
How about some snow? I can do without it but we may see some
WOW! This late in the spring.
Down here we have this saying. If the blackberries bloom early then we will have a "blackberry winter". One last cool period.
Did the blackberries bloom early there?
Apr 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
WOW! This late in the spring.
Down here we have this saying. If the blackberries bloom early then we will have a "blackberry winter". One last cool period.
Did the blackberries bloom early there?
Not being a hunter / purchaser of the blackberries, I cannot answer that. Its 55 this morning, Red Bud tree has had flowers for 3 weeks, tomorrow 2-4 of the wet heavy is what they say.
Apr 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Not being a hunter / purchaser of the blackberries, I cannot answer that. Its 55 this morning, Red Bud tree has had flowers for 3 weeks, tomorrow 2-4 of the wet heavy is what they say.
Did it snow there today?
Apr 22, 2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Did it snow there today?
I just heard its changing over to snow in State College right now....

I guess the Noreaster coming from the South is getting ready to make a mess up here in the form of heavy wet crap.
Apr 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
As you can tell by my Avatar, I love Raptor birds so I designed and built the Merlin Falcon. Google Merlin Falcon images and see what a beautiful bird it is. I designed a model of the Merlin Falcon and then designed the Extreme version. That is the one I built. As it turns out, it's a great flying model. We flew it until we used up all the batteries I had. I didn't have the video camera but we took some photo's. This thing looks good in the air, no bad habbits and is a hoot to fly. Rock on scratchbuilding!

Dalton
Last edited by DaDesign; May 10, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Apr 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Very Sweet indeed!