Thread Tools
Jul 17, 2011, 06:38 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
The lower temps have been wonderful. Maybe I can get in some flying today.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2011, 04:33 PM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar

Close one


Had a close one today. On my second flight with me EA, my servo for my elevator came unattached while in flight. Its was hanging on by a thread (or a little bit of hot glue), just had enough input to land her without any damage.
Jul 17, 2011, 07:50 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Had a close one today. On my second flight with me EA, my servo for my elevator came unattached while in flight. Its was hanging on by a thread (or a little bit of hot glue), just had enough input to land her without any damage.
WOW! I'm glad you got her down with no damage Buddy.
I didn't get to fly today. We had guest most of the day.

Hot glue that servo good. It came loose because of all those insane flight maneuvers you been doin'.
Jul 17, 2011, 08:07 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Has anyone tried the Quanum Telemetry System from HK?

Quanum Telemetry System - HobbyKing Product Review (5 min 27 sec)


It seems simple enough to install and gives great in-flight information.
Jul 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
Also found one of my aileron servo started to work loose. Glue that one also. Been flying her for eight months now, and still enjoy flying her.
Jul 17, 2011, 09:04 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
Has anyone tried the Quanum Telemetry System from HK?

It seems simple enough to install and gives great in-flight information.
Silly things are never in stock for me to try. I too am interested in how well they work.

We are in Wisc, no air-conditioning in the camper, and had to replace both front wheel bearing on the van <sigh>
Jul 17, 2011, 09:07 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Also found one of my aileron servo started to work loose. Glue that one also. Been flying her for eight months now, and still enjoy flying her.
I'm glad you're enjoying her. You did a great job on building it. I like the PT-19 paint scheme.
Jul 17, 2011, 09:10 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Silly things are never in stock for me to try. I too am interested in how well they work.

We are in Wisc, no air-conditioning in the camper, and had to replace both front wheel bearing on the van <sigh>
But you got your RB so when all else goes wrong you can FLY!

I hope things go good for the rest of da trip.
Jul 17, 2011, 09:22 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
But you got your RB so when all else goes wrong you can FLY!

I hope things go good for the rest of da trip.
Oh....Right Aileron Servo Failure..... Today.... RB is hangered for the rest of the trip.
Jul 18, 2011, 08:26 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Oh....Right Aileron Servo Failure..... Today.... RB is hangered for the rest of the trip.
Bummer,, Nothing could be worse than being on a trip without ya foamie to fly. Now all ya can do is be a husband and father.
Jul 18, 2011, 08:53 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign
Bummer,, Nothing could be worse than being on a trip without ya foamie to fly. Now all ya can do is be a husband and father.
I got the Swift 2 with me, however, we are in Cedar Rapids Iowa, lived here 7 years and the wind NEVER stops.
Jul 20, 2011, 07:00 AM
Where did that tree come from
kid at 55's Avatar
Went out to a local soccer field this morning with my Slow Stick at sunrise . Dead calm, no wind. Had some nice lazy flying with 6 batteries.
Jul 20, 2011, 04:48 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Went out to a local soccer field this morning with my Slow Stick at sunrise . Dead calm, no wind. Had some nice lazy flying with 6 batteries.
Nutin' can be more fun and relaxin' than that.
Jul 20, 2011, 07:08 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Last Day in Cedar Rapids, wind is blowing a gale and 100 temps again... I know why I don't live here any longer
Jul 20, 2011, 07:15 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
DaDesign's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Last Day in Cedar Rapids, wind is blowing a gale and 100 temps again... I know why I don't live here any longer
Yup, I could see why you wouldn't miss that. You going to pack up and head home tomorrow huh?

Is this your first trip in your camper/RV? Did you get to fly your models any?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Low cost XBee/GPS plane locator plans rich smith UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 5 Feb 04, 2009 02:57 PM
Easy way to make a quick, good looking jet Tumbler Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 54 Feb 08, 2005 05:26 PM
How to build a good looking pager motor plane! gbarc Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 9 Jul 04, 2004 06:09 PM