Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 16, 2009, 02:52 PM
Build Log

Sbach 342

Hi Guys,
I decided to build Sbach 342.
When I spend a few weeks on my official trip I had a few hours for free, so I drawing the plans. A lot of parts will be prepared on CNC cutter. Engine cowl will be made from fiberglass and kabin will be made from durofol ( the same princip as on SebArt planes ).
I used symetrical profile. It have a wingspan 1550 mm and lenght 1443 mm. the weight will be propably around 2500 g
I want used a Scorpion motor with 6 or 8S A123, servo will be HS-225 BB or HB. It will be classic balza build.
What do you think about it?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2009, 02:53 PM

Another Photo

Some photo of my plans and colour schemes of my Sbach 342
Last edited by flyhawk; Oct 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
Jul 16, 2009, 03:42 PM
Extremely Twisted
I like it, kudos for trying something different.

I'll bet it will be a 3D animal with proper throw and CG; there is a lot of wing and very large surfaces. If I were you, I would deviate from scale a little bit and move the stab down. This will dramatically reduce rudder-elevator coupling.

Good luck!
Jul 17, 2009, 12:57 PM

First Step

I have already cutted all parts what I will be need for build.
I start build with the fuselage. But i forged to make photo of all parts, so please forgive me
All is conenected just like a puzzle. It is very strong and without any glue, that is grreat. Here is few pictures.
Jul 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
Extremely Twisted
Gorgeous work. Keep us posted.
Jul 18, 2009, 04:45 PM
Beautiful drawings and design realisation. Well done.
Jul 19, 2009, 12:42 AM

Another little progres

Thank you guys, I appreciate it.
I make a new steps from the build of my Sbach. I dont have such a much time, so build going slower. I can work on that only in weekends.
I finalzied tha main construction of fuselage. I used pine fillet, so the fuselage is very strong and very litgh. I make a gripping of the landing gear. Another steps will follow, may be today or next week, I will see how much time I will be have.

Frankie
Jul 19, 2009, 02:33 AM
Cool project! Keep going!
I have only a Depron Version of the Sbach342!
http://scale-modellbau.de/Xtreme.99.0.html
But almost the same size!

Toby
Jul 19, 2009, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTigger
Cool project! Keep going!
I have only a Depron Version of the Sbach342!
http://scale-modellbau.de/Xtreme.99.0.html
But almost the same size!

Toby
Looking good Toby.
How thoes it fly?It is really big for a depron construction.Iīdont like very much a depron, so that is the reason why i want to build in wood version. I hope that will be abble fly full 3D maneuvers.

Frankie
Jul 24, 2009, 10:21 AM

Weekend is here

Finaly is weekend. I continue with build of Sbach.I make a balza cover for tail of the fuselage. I will continue with build od elevator and rudder, and meanwhile I will be preparing another balza cover for fuselage.

Frankie
Jul 24, 2009, 01:34 PM
flyhawk,

You are one the finest builder I have ever seen - absolutley perfect. I highly recommend you approach Ben and Scott of 3D Hobby Shop to evaluate your airplane. If it flies as good as it looks it will be a runaway seller. Please let us know how it flies after treating us with incredible build documentation. You are the BEST!
Last edited by FD Pilot; Jul 24, 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Jul 24, 2009, 03:52 PM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
Great subject, and excellent execution! Can't wait to see it in the air. Love the lines!

Mike
Jul 25, 2009, 10:03 AM

Another little progres

Thank you guys I really appreciated. It is good to know that somebody likes clasic build from balza
Anyway, I made a rudder and another two balza covers for fuselage. It is need more time in water for good flexibility of balza, but after that is great to work.
I hope that I will behave time to make a elevator and finish all balza covers or fuselage. Still one is not finished.
Here are couples of photo.

Frankie
Jul 25, 2009, 10:11 AM

Rudder

And couple of photos from rudder.Itīs really big . I think that will be smaller but in real is different

Frankie
Jul 25, 2009, 12:27 PM
Frankie,

It is really fun to see you create. I spend most of my free time repairing or re-engineering. Did you do the drawings and laser cutting or is the Sbach 342 a kit? How do I get a kit? What motor and battery did you have in mind?