Jun 20, 2010, 04:39 AM
Thread OP

Neptune lines now up..

The Neptune cutting lines are now up here: http://eezebilt.co.vu/Neptune.html

And have a look at a few Cresta pictures while you're there: http://eezebilt.co.vu/Crestapics.html

Just the Mermaid left to do now.....but I think I'll have a bit of a rest first...
Last edited by dodgy; May 08, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2010, 06:32 AM
I downloaded the great line art plans and put my son to work making the Cresta this week
Last edited by RussellTate; Jul 03, 2010 at 06:37 AM.
Jul 03, 2010, 12:00 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Excellent job! Looks fantastic. Both of you, should be very proud of her.
Jul 03, 2010, 10:11 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Nice job.
Jul 04, 2010, 03:14 PM
on the water with the Cresta!

Riley's Cresta Boat.mov (10 min 29 sec)
Jul 04, 2010, 03:19 PM
Neat video, thanks for sharing.
Jul 05, 2010, 08:07 AM
You Troll Dodgy Good to see a working example of all your hard work, some more history ressurected from oblivion.

Sent a PM Russell, hope to have some answers back, lurved how close the lad got to his fingers with the circular saw, ONLY way to teach 'em, life sucks sometimes.

Also brought back vivid memories of local park and hanging over the side to launch/catch 50 odd years ago (bog off Keven)

Regards Ian.
Last edited by Circlip; Jul 05, 2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: reversed words
Jul 05, 2010, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip
You Troll Dodgy
Yup - I'm in the advertising business today, making sure that several sites get the message...

And while I'm about it, I see that I haven't announced here that the last set of EeZeBilt lines, for the MERMAID, are now up on the EeZeBilt web site: http://eezebilt.co.vu/Mermaid.html . Download them and complete your collection... then give them to your kids to make.

Can I use my cliche about 'watching the EeZeBild designs cast their magic over a new generation'? I've used it on three sites so far today, and I think I might patent it...

Congratulations to Russell for a very professional video (I love the fades!) and Best Wishes to his son for a happy future in boat modelling - will there be a little 2.4ghz radio in his Christmas stocking...?
Last edited by dodgy; May 08, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Jul 05, 2010, 10:16 AM
The mini 2,4s would certainly allow some "Flight" luggage for Holiday playtime.
Jul 05, 2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy
Congratulations to Russell for a very professional video (I love the fades!)
Gotta love the "cross dissolve" feature in iMovie (apple mac programme)
Jul 05, 2010, 08:52 PM
I do remember building my fair share of balsa and tissue planes, way back when, and a good many of them were Keil Kraft products, my older brother built a boat or two, if I remember correctly.
Anyway, Dodgy and the others, who have now made it possible, for us and our kids to build and enjoy one of these hobby classics again, deserve a big thank you!
I just got back from the craft store with some balsa, and also got some of the plans printed.
They are a little larger than the standard, the Terrier will be about 14", the Cresta is around 21"-22" and the Neptune at a wopping 24", all the wood and printing cost about $12. As soon as I complete my current project, one of these will be built.
Thanks again for making these great plans available to us.
Jul 06, 2010, 01:20 AM
Yes thanks Dodgy
Jul 06, 2010, 05:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymin last
Anyway, Dodgy and the others, who have now made it possible, for us and our kids to build and enjoy one of these hobby classics again...
Not really me - I just provided an old P3 sitting in the attic.

It's the assembled multitudes of modellers round the word, from the UK, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and elsewhere who have gone to their collections and scanned in the data, and all the others providing support and advice - in a word, all of you, who should take a vote of thanks. You have managed to save this little bit of history - I just put it in a box and tied a ribbon round it....
Jul 06, 2010, 08:36 AM
Yea, but YOU did it, thanks m8

Regards Ian.
Jul 06, 2010, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip
Yea, but YOU did it, thanks m8

Regards Ian.
Well, SOMEONE had to! But what do I do now...?

Quick Reply