Jul 13, 2009, 07:34 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
Thread OP
Discussion

45 foot ST Tugs

In my recent wanderings i have accumulated a few pics of 45 STs. One is working for USACE, one sits outside the USACE museum at Duluth, one is on shore being worked on, and one is looking forgotten and forlorn. I read in a post not long ago that a der kapitan is reworking a 1/2" scale hull. I'll have to put that on the build list.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2009, 07:56 PM
Mmm, tugs...
Wow!

wish I could have gotten those about a year ago...
Jul 13, 2009, 08:04 PM
Tired and sad? Nothing a sand blaster, a little welding and some paint couldn't cure!

Nice pictures, Prins... I'm going to have to build out the ST hull(s) I have sometime!
Jul 14, 2009, 01:51 PM
r/c ships and workboats
need to add this one to my list in at least 1/24 or 1/16th scales of the Freemont Tugs st.
Jul 14, 2009, 02:06 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Wow!

wish I could have gotten those about a year ago...
Pat, if you recall, I sent you a batch of pix for the 45 footer---.

Regarding "Bayfield", Microglass featured a sketch of that boat, drawn by Ray Johnson, on it's catalog face for a number of years---.
Last edited by der kapitan; Jul 14, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Jul 14, 2009, 03:47 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
Thread OP
kap, If Pat had gotten the pics of the Erich he might have made his look like her.
Jul 14, 2009, 06:50 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prins Willem
kap, If Pat had gotten the pics of the Erich he might have made his look like her.
You mean EXACTLY like her---?

Ewww---!
Jul 14, 2009, 11:49 PM
r/c ships and workboats
So a couple of weeks ago our club got yo go to freemont tug for a tour of the unofficial NW Tug Museum owned by Mr. Mark Freeman. Amongst the small fleet of vessels is their 45'ST "Standfast". So for those watching this , here is a West Coast ST. was able to get a lot of photos of this and the other vesels that were in. Will start a thread on this visit if people are intersted. The museum has thousand of photos, hundreds of models and tug boat memorabilia galore--and that is what was in the office. Didn't even go in the wharehouse.
Jul 15, 2009, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith S
Will start a thread on this visit if people are intersted.
Yes, please!
Jul 15, 2009, 05:48 AM
Mmm, tugs...
Harumph. Asked them for some pix inside the pilothouse, never even got a response...
Jul 15, 2009, 06:47 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Quote:
Harumph. Asked them for some pix inside the pilothouse, never even got a response...
Pat, maybe you didn't "harumph" loud enough---.
Jul 15, 2009, 09:21 AM
Post away there Keith - we never have too many photos! I took a few a couple of years ago there - facinating place!
Jul 15, 2009, 09:26 AM
I'll vote for more 45' pics too... its a wonderful little boat to model. The smaller Microglass hull makes for an easy size to transport.
Patric
Jul 15, 2009, 10:05 AM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
Thread OP
These boats sure seem to live charmed lives. I know I have seen one or two more in service on Lake Michigan but don't have photos.

Take a look at this old girl.

http://www.boatquest.com/Commercial/...D/1/boats.aspx
Jul 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Quote:
Pat, all depends on who you know. Mark the original owner does what he can.The guys in the office don't do any photos or request as they are usally busy working. I got a few really good ones from inside the wheel house. I know, a little late for you. They have modified the tug a bit to fit thier needs.
Ok will start a thread later tonight. be patient as my computer is a little slow with the photos loading. Might have to do it over a couple of days.

Quick Reply