Old Apr 06, 2003, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by Raydee
RC Addict

Corona with Voyager E landing gear

Well I finally got some Voyager gear for my Corona but I see that the batt needs to be up front more on the heli to balance it out. If I use the battery mount on the front gear what will keep the battery from moving around? I see a lot of guys just using the one mount but does the battery move?
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2003, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
(aka Cliff Lawson)
Hi,

Well I've seen various solutions to this (I think I like Fred Bronk's best where he had the rear landing gear mount "extension" that's needed for fitting the V-E gear angled a little forward so this brings the rear battery mount further forward and hence the battery can sit further forward over all. But if you've already glued a modified rear mount in place for the V-E (I had) then you need some other solution.

My (extremely "Heath Robinson"!) idea was to make a "battery extender". I cut some brrom handle (that's about the same diameter as sub-C cells) into about 3" lengths and wrapped two pieces side by side. I then drew around the end of a sub-C pack and cut out a plate a little oversize from crutch off cuts. Around this I wrapped a strip of 1/32" ply to make a kind of tube and glued this to my thick ply piece. On one side I put the wooden rods and then wrapped it all in layers of Duck tape. You can now leave this clipped into the rear V-E battery mount and slide the main battery packs into it through the front mount.

I hope these pictures make more sense than that description!

Cliff