Old Jul 08, 2009, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by qtturner1
Question

hobby king speed controller question?

Hello everybody, thanks for your time looking at my post. I have been searching and searching for information on my problem but have hit a road block. I am relatively new to the sport and am loving it! I just purchased a hobbyking 50-60A speed controller and when I plugged everything in, and plugged my 2200mah 3s battery into the ESC to see the direction of the motor turn, and the motor just kept beeping. It woudl beep for a while, then stop, then kept going. I tried different recievers, different batteries, but nothing changed it. The only thing i can think of is that the ESC needs to be programmed? But you know hobbyking- no instructions. Any help? Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2009, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by Bagger
Wing Bagger
hk ESC need a BEC since they are opto, so either hook up a battery or get a bec. then once you do that, (1) kill the throttle stick, (2) turn radio on, (3) plug battery to esc/bec to receiver. for setup google suppo 50 amp esc
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:17 PM
Find More Posts by MaximumDeflection
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtturner1
Hello everybody, thanks for your time looking at my post. I have been searching and searching for information on my problem but have hit a road block. I am relatively new to the sport and am loving it! I just purchased a hobbyking 50-60A speed controller and when I plugged everything in, and plugged my 2200mah 3s battery into the ESC to see the direction of the motor turn, and the motor just kept beeping. It woudl beep for a while, then stop, then kept going. I tried different recievers, different batteries, but nothing changed it. The only thing i can think of is that the ESC needs to be programmed? But you know hobbyking- no instructions. Any help? Thanks!
What model speedy exactly is it???did you try reversing the throttle channel from the radio??
Old Jul 09, 2009, 12:17 AM
Find More Posts by qtturner1
Perfect! I tried what you said, and it works wonderfully. I honestly didn't know what a BEC was, and that my new ESC didn't have one. Huh! Well i guess you learn somehting every day. I'm going to order a UBEC and wire it in! Thanks so much for spending the time trying to help me out! You're awesome.