Jul 08, 2009, 03:12 AM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
Alert

Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown

Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown

Arvada Associated Modelers presents our inaugural Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown.

Saturday, August 22nd, 2009
Pilots meeting at 8:30 AM with open flying 9AM-dark. With a tentative noon demo featuring AEROWORKS sponsored pilots.

This is a Fun Fly open to ALL 3D aerobatic enthusiasts. Bring you electric, gasoline, and glow powered 3D machines. Heli's are welcome too!! Open flight line with your spotter.

From Foamies to 40%+gassers, EVERYONE is welcome!! If you can Huck it, BRING IT!!

Open invitation to all pilots with an AMA card. $20 pilot registration fee covers lunch and refreshments. Picnic style food includes hot dogs, brats, burgers, chips, and drinks.

Pre-registration is encouraged so we have a head count for food and drinks. Please RSVP by August 15th 2009 if possible. Late arrivals ARE welcome on the 22nd!! RSVP chrisharris2266@yahoo.com Website: www.arvadamodelers.com for up to the minute weather, live web cam, and directions to the field.

750'X50' concrete runway with six pilot stations, a huge pit area with 30+ benches, generous concrete pad for giant scale planes with overflow in the grass and dedicated heli pads.
AAM has 50+ acres of on site parking and car camping is encouraged!! No services provided, but we do have clean Port-o-lets, permanent 30'X50' shade structures, bleachers, and a solar charging station on site. AAM is a world class facility that is proud to carry the AMA Gold Leader Status for 10 years.

Come out and camp Friday night!! Bring your bug spray and sun screen. Be prepared for a full day of hucking on Saturday!

3D fun fly, Extreme Aerobatics, with Down and Dirty 3D ON THE DECK!!

Everyone is welcome to attend! If you want to learn 3D come out and see the show!

Harriers, Blenders, Rollers, Hovering, Walls, Flat Spins, Knife Edge Spins, high alpha Knife edge, Waterfalls, and Torque Rolls are encouraged!

Due to possible radio interference from nearby broadcasting stations72mhz channels 20 and 21 are not recommended. Also avoid using any SINGLE CONVERSION JR RX
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2009, 09:31 PM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
Don't everybody jump in at once!

Here's the new flyer
Jul 30, 2009, 10:12 AM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
We have some new sponsors I would like to mention. It is starting to look like we are going to have lots of stuff in the schwag department. A few have even mentioned giving us airframes, and we are optimistic they will come through!

Colpar Hobbies,
Action Hobbies,
Plane Fun RC,
Aeroworks,
DW Foamies,
Bad Brad Graphics,
and 3D Hobby Shop have all said they would like to contribute to our event.
I want to thank them all for their generous support, especially for our first year!

Our Noon demo is filling out well, and we might even have enough stuff going on to fill up the entire hour! There has been talk of a Mass Hover with Pro-Bros and the 3D Hobby Shop guys with their new 103" (sick bird).

Everybody keep your fingers crossed- if everyone comes through like they say we should be able to have a generous pool of door prizes, and maybe even a raffle for some airframes!

PLEASE RSVP we only have eight confirmed guys- even though over twenty have said they are attending! Don't get caught without lunch RSVP BEYOTCH!!!
Jul 30, 2009, 11:02 PM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
And now I am proud to add Desert Aircraft to our growing Roster of sponsors!

I was informed today that Aeroworks and Action Hobbies are donating a .60-.90 size airframe as well! I'm getting more excited about this every day!
Jul 31, 2009, 01:09 AM
Don't forget to RSVP guys!! This is gonna be really cool!!
Aug 06, 2009, 09:43 PM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
DW Foamies and Plane Fun RC have confirmed they will be donating a 48" BAF Extra 300 to our event. Thank you DW!
Aug 08, 2009, 08:32 PM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
I feel like this is a waste of my time in this forum, but what the hell.

DA has made with $200 worth of gift certificates! A very generous contribution! We are very excited to have the sponsors we have! I am going out of town for two weeks and this will be my last update on the event until I get back. RCpilot has the stick from here on in. Remember, 'dry' camping is encouraged and I will be there as many nights as I can- come out Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If anyone says anything tell them you are sponsored pilots and you are CODY WILSON's guests. If you have any problems call Chris Harris at the number listed on the event flyer.

Hope to see you guys out there!
Aug 19, 2009, 10:00 PM
Bump. The event is this Saturday August 22, 2009.

RSVP to my email on the flyer. See attached
Aug 21, 2009, 09:42 AM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
Response to this event has been better than I had hoped, and we are only a day away! I have some work to do the next twelve hours, and will be picking up raffle prizes most of the afternoon. I will be bringing a ton of stuff to the event, and look forward to camping out tonight!

You can contact me at 720-313-0775 on the cell.
Aug 22, 2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Cody! Nice flyin today. I didn't know you slopers could 3D like that. . Next time I'll bring a glider that ISN'T on your frequency.

Joe
Aug 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
LMAO- thank you for being so understanding! We had a great time- and I did too thanks to your generosity! It was hard getting out to the line with so many people to BS with! But it was a treat when I was able to get out! Thanks again Joe- I look forward to seeing you at the sod farm or something. I have a Robin Hood 99" that I want to tow with- that way my sailplane carma stays good even flying gassers!

We had a super bad-ass event that surpassed even our wildest expectations, and lived up to the hype we piled onto it! Down and Dirty 3D on the DECK was the credo of the day!!! We had 24 registered pilots, gave out over $1,400 in pilot door prizes including an Aeroworks 35cc Extra! I did not hear a single complaint, and everyone was grateful that Colorado FINALLY had a real 3D event! Mark Dennis, Crazy Joe, River Front, Team Zimmerman all the way from SD, myself, and a few other guys brought out the big guns and represented well! The Pro Bros came out with a small raiding party and must have collectively logged at least ten hours of flight time! There was some fantastic flying! The kiddie pool, the camaraderie, and the fireside camping were my favorite parts. Of course the flying wasn't bad either!!!!

I am totally smoked, and all the pics I have are waiting to be downloaded from Kenspeckles camera. When we get that squared away we will do a photo barrage and hope we get some other folks to throw in some of their own pics!
Sep 24, 2009, 09:26 AM
plane obsessed
Thread OP
Well better late than never.

Here is the link to the full 12 minute video from the event. Sorry it took so long, but hey, life happens!

http://eighthparakeet.blogspot.com/2009/08/3d.html

Quick Reply