Jul 06, 2009, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New Plug-N-Play CX2 Brushless kit

What do you brushless guru's think of this?

http://wowhobbies.com/brushlessupgradekitforeflitecx2cx3eskylama34.aspx
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2009, 11:11 PM

brushless kit

I just ordered one and we shall soon see!! Larry
Jul 06, 2009, 11:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by n6nev
I just ordered one and we shall soon see!! Larry
Great Larry,
I think it looks pretty good. I will be very interested to see what you think after you log some flight time with it.
Jul 07, 2009, 05:54 AM
this is an awesome mod. are there any videos out yet showing the flight performance?
Jul 07, 2009, 07:01 AM
Surely there must be another place you can get that kit from. Guys here have been more than disappointed with the lack of support from WOW.
Jul 08, 2009, 03:57 PM

brushless motors installed

My brushless assy arrivied this morning and the install was a snap, truly plug and play. The cx3 flew with no trim adjustment or pro adjustment, the tail is a little less nervous. lifted straight up to my surprize ! Its still too windy this after noon to fly out side, so tomorrow I will know more. It seems to have more power. when I dial in more HH with channel 5 the tail wags back and forth, no more nervous shake.. back it off to a smooth hover,, to make a long story short , I am glad I bought it and would do so again
Jul 08, 2009, 04:22 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
My brushless assy arrivied this morning and the install was a snap, truly plug and play. The cx3 flew with no trim adjustment or pro adjustment, the tail is a little less nervous. lifted straight up to my surprize ! Its still too windy this after noon to fly out side, so tomorrow I will know more. It seems to have more power. when I dial in more HH with channel 5 the tail wags back and forth, no more nervous shake.. back it off to a smooth hover,, to make a long story short , I am glad I bought it and would do so again
Is that how it came? the ESCs and converters in heatshrink tubing as one single element and with ALL the necessary plugs? I mean, you really just needed to plug the 4 plugs in the 4in1 and that was it?

Thanks
Sven
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Jul 08, 2009, 05:01 PM
Yes, plug and fly. thats it.. piece of cake install. one small thing, each ESC has 3 black wires, and each motor has 3 black wires, it a bit of a guessing game which one gos where! So put 3 of the wires to the motor on the left and the other 3 on the right, the instuctions state which motor should turn the top rotor, and I got it right! then if the motor turns backwards, just reverse any of the 2 wires to the motor , what luck I got it right the first plug in.... smooth hover , quiet, inthe A M I will post a flying test. and a hover battery test What Fun Larry
Jul 08, 2009, 06:10 PM

first hover test

With the canopy on and 2 blinke lites 13 min flat using a mega power 15 c 850's
Jul 09, 2009, 06:22 PM

brushless update

Upon closer inspection, I found the one of the pinions was too close to the other driven gear. Both gears on the brushless are the same diameter and tooth count, but both gears are "taller" so the fit is very important. I needed to move the gear away from the motor just a tad to clear the other driven gear, not having a gear puller i made one.. I used a wire stripper and a battery terminal puller, and it worked just fine, moved the gear just a R C H (.005) the old motor is shown for the photo, Larry
Jul 09, 2009, 07:56 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
What in the world makes this conversion worth $100?
I like my Aero Nuts motors just fine.
Ron
Jul 09, 2009, 08:52 PM

aero nutz to brushless

You made a good point, I also ran aero nutz motors with no problems, Its like bling! I like the bench time, always looking for the next level, its like dual exhaust with glass packs, spend all that money to hear more noise! go figure Larry
Jul 09, 2009, 08:58 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
You made a good point, I also ran aero nutz motors with no problems, Its like bling! I like the bench time, always looking for the next level, its like dual exhaust with glass packs, spend all that money to hear more noise! go figure Larry

Hey, That's cool. I have spent a Whole lot more than that on Harley bling.
OH Yeah, it makes a LOT more noise.
Ron

Quick Reply