This thread is privately moderated by dawnron1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 30, 2009, 07:21 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Thread OP
Discussion

Ed Couch's Ziroli C-47 "Buzz Buggy" is reborn!

My friend Ed Couch has several gorgeous large electric planes, but his 'new' Ziroli C-47 Skytrain is REALLY big! Ed found this 13-year-old beauty gathering dust and though it would make a great electric conversion. It has a 140" wingspan, weighs 51 pounds and is powered by two big Turnigy outrunner motors. Here is a link to Ed's e-conversion thread with more details:

Ziroli C-47 e-conversion thread

Last week, I had the honor of being asked to take some photos of the maiden flight. Thank you Ed!!

Ronnie
Last edited by dawnron1; Jun 30, 2009 at 07:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2009, 01:25 AM
Needs a vacation
Nice shots...nice plane!
Is it me, or does the landing shot make it look like the right main wheel is half detached from the gear?
Jul 07, 2009, 07:48 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermlin'
Nice shots...nice plane!
Is it me, or does the landing shot make it look like the right main wheel is half detached from the gear?
You have a good eye, sir! The plane actually had a 'less than perfect' landing on the maiden and bounced up once. The landing photo was taken after the bounce and the axle and wheel came loose and popped out on the final touchdown causing the gear to dig in to the turf. It has since been repaired and modified so it won't come loose again

Ronnie
Sep 24, 2015, 01:39 AM
Ed....hope you see my Post. I had sent you a message and have just found one my brother Bruce had sent you over 5 years ago! You had asked for any photos of the Crew Members but I didn't see where he replied. Please let me know if you still have the Buzz Buggy and I can be sure to get you photos of my Dad & his crew in front of the Buzz Buggy with him holding his dog Queenie he flew with

Quick Reply