This thread is privately moderated by jetset44, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2009, 02:04 AM
Park Jet Guru
Download

Su-37 Super Flanker Park Jet

This is one of my all-time favorite park jets. It is smooth and graceful in the air, yet when pushed hard demonstrates incredible agility—just like the real Su-37 in the many videos posted on YouTube. This model features a working 3-axis thrust vectoring system (pitch, roll, and yaw) just like the real thing. With the TV system off, this model handles as well as any other park jet I've built and is well-mannered and easy to fly. But with the TV system on, it can do wingtip flips, incredibly tight turns and loops, and wild tumbling maneuvers. The TV system also provides excellent controllability at low airspeeds and high alpha.

Specs:
Wing area: 290 sq in
Span: 30.0”
Length: 43.2”
Weight RTF: 22 to 28 oz
Wing loading: 11 to 14 oz/sq ft
Motor: Two Littlescreamers Park Jet (LSPJ)
Battery: Thunder Power 2100 mAh 11.1V Prolite
Prop: APC 6x4 regular and pusher (counter-rotating props)
Current: 36 amps total
Watts: 350 watts total
Power loading: 220 watts/lb
Flight controls: Tailerons, rudder (optional), thrust vectoring (optional)

This model was designed specifically for two Littlescreamers Park Jet motors so it’s sized slightly larger than my other park jets, with 290 sq in wing area instead of 250 sq in. This motor setup provide fantastic performance--top speed in the neighborhood of 80 mph and 1.5:1 thrust-to-weight ratio for unlimited vertical. Plus the counter-rotating props cancel out prop torque, resulting in very smooth launches and more jet-like handling qualities.

Construction methods are very similar to the rest of my park jet designs. Although it's a bit more complicated than the F-15 and F-18 park jets, it's less complicated than the F-14 and F-22 park jets. Overall I think the build is pretty simple and straightforward and goes quickly. The hardest part about building this model is that it requires a LOT of sanding due to all the complex curves and fillets.

Note there are many options for how this model can be set up, including:

* With or without canard – The plans show all the modifications necessary to convert this Su-37 to one of the original Su-27 or Su-30 variants.

* Twin motors or single motor – The plans show how to adapt this model to a single motor mounted on the centerline (either with or without thrust vectoring)

* With or without thrust vectoring – The TV system provides amazing maneuverability but is completely optional—this model still handles great without it

Useful links:

Construction Guide: Attached below

Build thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666686

Kits available from: www.6mmflyrc.com

Construction article published in: Backyard Flyer, July 2008

Flight video:
Sukhoi Su-37 Super Flanker Park Jet (3 min 50 sec)
Last edited by jetset44; Feb 13, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2014, 11:52 AM

Su-37

Does anyone know what size one would need to print this plans to full size?

Quick Reply