Sep 21, 2009, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake48
Martin-

THROW IT REAL HARD
I have changed the way I hand launch the P-51. it is not near as easy as my other planes. I recently moved to a hard overhand. I lost it once in the wind, repaired and on the repaired maiden lost it again! This after 2 dozen successful flights! The second only broke the nose cone.

I got 5-6 more flights this weekend, I put on a apc 12x6 e and what power. It wold outrun the T-28 with the same motor and a 12x7 apc sport. Out climb it to! The P-51 is a little smaller than the t-28. As much as I enjoy scale flying the P-51, if something happens again I won't repair it. I'll move on.

So if anyone wants to buy the broken fuse that is probably repairable(2 pieces), and a new wing from the second kit, PM me. Cover the shipping and about half of the wing and I'll ship the broken fuse and spare motor mount I have. Also a couple props that I never use and anything else I can round up.

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
Which ESC are you using with the 12x6 prop? Do you know how many watts you are pulling? I'm just curious because I'd like to prop up my P-51 but don't have a watt meter to make sure I'm not going to burn out the ESC. I'm currently running my old T-28's ESC plus the T-28 prop.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
I have changed the way I hand launch the P-51. it is not near as easy as my other planes. I recently moved to a hard overhand. I lost it once in the wind, repaired and on the repaired maiden lost it again! This after 2 dozen successful flights! The second only broke the nose cone.

I got 5-6 more flights this weekend, I put on a apc 12x6 e and what power. It wold outrun the T-28 with the same motor and a 12x7 apc sport. Out climb it to! The P-51 is a little smaller than the t-28. As much as I enjoy scale flying the P-51, if something happens again I won't repair it. I'll move on.

So if anyone wants to buy the broken fuse that is probably repairable(2 pieces), and a new wing from the second kit, PM me. Cover the shipping and about half of the wing and I'll ship the broken fuse and spare motor mount I have. Also a couple props that I never use and anything else I can round up.

Rob
Sep 21, 2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pefozzy
Which ESC are you using with the 12x6 prop? Do you know how many watts you are pulling? I'm just curious because I'd like to prop up my P-51 but don't have a watt meter to make sure I'm not going to burn out the ESC. I'm currently running my old T-28's ESC plus the T-28 prop.

thanks!
I just tested(watts-up) this setup on a Su-26m 480....

Turnigy 40a Sentry ESC
Turnigy Gold 35-36c 1100 motor
Rhino 1850mah 40c
APC 12x6e
brake set for the prop.

Max it would pull about 43 amps. The esc is good for bursts over 40a. I run this same motor/esc on several planes. It's been very reliable. I used a road hard and put up puffed Zippy 2200 20-30c (about 9 months old) this weekend. With this battery amps would probably be a little less than the 40c battery. Run 6-7 minutes and come down with 25% left. Couple runs I went about 5 minutes basically WOT the whole time, climbs, dives, hard pull ups. Lots of fun. I didn't have the cowl on because I forgot it at home but the motor was nice and cool, esc was warm+, battery was puffed! The battery would unpuff after it cooled, charge it up again and repeat! I'm hard on $15 batterys I know! 5 minutes of this is more fun than 10 minutes of easing around. I was most impressed by the very fast verticles. I usually run a 11x7 e prop which is no slouch either!

For grins I came close to putting on a 13x6 I run on a Pulse Xt 25e. But it was the only spare I had and didn't want to risk it.

There are some pics of my setup back a ways.

Rob
Sep 21, 2009, 11:04 AM
352nd FG Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy671
Ok Moonbeam,
That does look like a Polo field. Nice big place to fly. It's still not that far off from an Alan Jackson video though. The main field that we fly at is actually an equestrian park. The only problem that we have there is low flying Red Hawks, C-5's and F-16's. One of those Axis Hawks tried to take down my brother's F4U a couple days ago.
Ask my brother Rhino5 about the bird that attacked his Slow Stick when I was flying it. It's a funny story. Even though I was flying, it was his plane, so I'll let him tell it.

Yes folks, it appears our warbirds our under attack by Axis Geese & Hawks. (Que up the Twisted Sister tune "We're Not Gonna Take It!")
Sep 21, 2009, 12:01 PM
Here is my mustang...turnigy 35-36 550 watt motor up front...du bro 2.5 spinner...hobby king super simple esc and turnigy 40 amp BEC...painted as man O war...This thing does at least 75-80 mph....w/ 10-5 APC.
Yes I did tape the hinges and ran a strip of tape around the stab also..LOL!
Watts -532
Amps- 47.7
ESC is rated for 56amps burst so ill be ok..

Awesome fun..Check out my kitbashed corsair also...Dave from horizon hobby hope you see this...maybe next kit idea???

Spiteful

PS sorry ill post pics after..lost them............ damn.
Sep 21, 2009, 01:29 PM
Just received my airframe kit. Its going to be my first PKZ. Till now I was only building smaller warbirds – mainly GWS.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with the questions I have:

1. I have noticed that airlons are a bit stiff and wonder if Hitec HS45HB servos I planned to use will be ok ( 1kg @ 4.8v and 1.2kG @6V) ?

2.from my other models I have 2 types of batteries : Dualsky 1300mA 25c ( 115g) and FullyMax 2200mA 35C (193g). and 2 types of motors: TR 35-36C 1100kv and TR 35-30C 1100kv. I wonder if 1.3Ah cells with TR3530 (total 190g) would give reasonable performance or should I go directly to 2.2Ah cells and TR3536 (total 295g !). I intend to use props in the range 9x6(7,5) to 10x6(8)

3.what is default down and left thrust on RTF models ?[/INDENT]
Sep 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ever have one of those days where everything you flew end up in pieces? Carguy had one of those days.
Sep 21, 2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintlicker
Ever have one of those days where everything you flew end up in pieces? Carguy had one of those days.
So sorry....but NO!!

I'd quit after 2!
Sep 21, 2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwygladala
Just received my airframe kit. Its going to be my first PKZ. Till now I was only building smaller warbirds – mainly GWS.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with the questions I have:

1. I have noticed that airlons are a bit stiff and wonder if Hitec HS45HB servos I planned to use will be ok ( 1kg @ 4.8v and 1.2kG @6V) ?

2.from my other models I have 2 types of batteries : Dualsky 1300mA 25c ( 115g) and FullyMax 2200mA 35C (193g). and 2 types of motors: TR 35-36C 1100kv and TR 35-30C 1100kv. I wonder if 1.3Ah cells with TR3530 (total 190g) would give reasonable performance or should I go directly to 2.2Ah cells and TR3536 (total 295g !). I intend to use props in the range 9x6(7,5) to 10x6(8)

3.what is default down and left thrust on RTF models ?[/INDENT]
I think most use 55's or better
35-30 will pull this plane around fine, I have a 35-36c and its a screamer.
the thrust angles are already in the firewall.
Sep 21, 2009, 01:47 PM
Brandon
Damn, that is some carnage! One hour on the sim for each crashed plane is the penance... and a hail Mary. That would be tough to yard sale that much of my fleet and still smile about it.
Sep 21, 2009, 02:04 PM
Quote:
And none of those planes he crashed were actually his. The P-51 is mine. The F-4U is my other brothers (saleensr302). And the F-16 is our dad's. But only 2 of the crashes were his fault.
Sep 21, 2009, 02:59 PM
I was considering a 51 or a Corsair. Couple of questions about the 51. Why is it only three channel? No rudder. Secondly why does it not have a landing gear. I dont get it.
I like to fly it on the simulator - it seems to be the fastest. Interesting plane. Cadillac of the sky.
Sep 21, 2009, 03:07 PM
Pricepoint.
Sep 21, 2009, 03:18 PM
I am a Cessnaholic
Quote:
With tongue in cheek, I call shenanigans!

Those are the normal pieces for those planes! Just assemble 'em and fly!
Sep 21, 2009, 03:20 PM
Excuse me , I speak Jive...
Only the Corsair was my fault. I clipped a tree branch lining up on final. Saleen hand launched the F-16 at about a 85 degree angle and came straight back down. I was landing the P-51 with the gear on it and and Lintlicker yelled "go around" right when I was flairing for the landing. I gave it full power to get some speed up to go around and it did a nasty torque roll into the ground. All these planes were easily repaired are back in the sky.

Quick Reply