Sep 14, 2009, 08:30 AM
352nd FG Association
Here's a link to Kungfubadboy's video from his Corsair of my brother & me flying our Mustangs. I'm still dealing with my stupid camera to get the file uploaded from mine. In this video I also have a camera on my plane.

The coolest part is that I did another higspeed LOW pass over the runway. In my video it looks like I'm on the ground. The alt was about 1 1/2 feet, you can see it in the pics and at about 2:40 in the video.

Here's a shot from my video when I got it to link up, that shows my brother's Gunfight just 4 feet in front of me while we were doing formation. The pics on my bluenoser are from Kungfu's video:

EDIT: I forgot to note that Kungfu's motor actually broke loose from the mount and twisted the wiring off the motor. That's what caused the deadstick crash landing you see. We're not sure yet why that happened, but we'll be keeping an eye on the situation. So, EVERYONE: check your motor mounts frequently!!

Stone Mountain RC Aerial Cam on the Parkzone Corsair (5 min 4 sec)
Last edited by Moonbeam; Sep 14, 2009 at 08:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2009, 08:44 AM
Brandon
From the looks of that first picture MB, you guys could still get a little closer!
Sep 14, 2009, 08:48 AM
352nd FG Association
Yeah!! It got a little hairy a couple of times. We did manage to hold a good formation for about half a pattern, but we still need practice. Next time we'll have to slow down a bit and come by really low. But not as low as I got on that one pass!
Sep 14, 2009, 08:50 AM
Electric since 1990
Neat seeing the other planes in the air.
Sep 14, 2009, 08:55 AM
Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
Yeah!! It got a little hairy a couple of times. We did manage to hold a good formation for about half a pattern, but we still need practice. Next time we'll have to slow down a bit and come by really low. But not as low as I got on that one pass!
Well as long as it wasn't as hairy as the video of that big group of mustangs flying formation... that was out of control looking! I keep thinking about buying yet another airframe and doing a B model "Boise Bee" but I think my GF will KILL me if I do.
Sep 14, 2009, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
cool shots!
Sep 14, 2009, 09:44 AM
That is WAY COOL seeing the other planes in flight! Looks like gun camera shots. Need to put it in black and white.

Kyle
Sep 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Excuse me , I speak Jive...
Moonbeam,
You need to confiscate your brother's Gunny and paint it for him.... j/k
Sep 14, 2009, 12:11 PM
352nd FG Association
LOL!! Yeah, my bro's gunny will eventually be Cripes A Mighty (4th). We're both getting at least one more to do a B model each. And I plan one one more D to do a new BL Moonbeam McSwine.

I'm still having issues with my camera at the moment. I had it working yesterday, but the PC won't recognize it today. I know it's a simple fix, just need to play with it a bit. The camera!!
Sep 14, 2009, 12:33 PM
Just need to get Callie to make the Cripes 4th. I will be working on the paint today for my D that will be Moonbeam McSwine and our B that will be Shangri-La.

My Brother added flaperons to his bluenoser yesterday. Still trying to get everything situated. Has anyone else had problems hand launching their P-51? His goes hard left into the ground sometimes. I think it is probably just not enough forward air speed to counteract the torque from the prop. Any other ideas.
Sep 14, 2009, 12:50 PM
352nd FG Association
Never had trouble launching except Saturday on the 4th flight my whole system shut down 2 1/2 seconds in. No real damage, just the spinner back plate.

We already have the Cripes 4th decals. In fact, I'm the one who helped her perfect them as the first run was a little off. They're correct now, and we bought two sets. Even got Moonbeam already. Just need some more planes!!
Sep 14, 2009, 01:02 PM
I had the same thing happen to me with the stock controller just after launching. Went to low throttle then back up and got control back. Went up after that and have not had a problem since.

I know what you mean about needing more planes! Sooo many schemes....too little money.
Sep 14, 2009, 01:10 PM
I was confusing Cripes the 3rd with Cripes 4th. I have been waiting for her to bring out the 3rd. The 3rd is cleaner and less flashy.
Sep 14, 2009, 01:21 PM
352nd FG Association
Cripes 3rd would be a great choice!

I finally got the camera to download. Had a bad cord connected to the PC, using a different one. Should have them up late tonight hopefully.
Sep 14, 2009, 03:57 PM
I took mine up today for the 1st time. I love it! I didnt want to go home once the batteries died. I think i'm gonna go back for more in a few hours. It sucks that i'm deploying next week, Feb is too long to wait to fly!

Quick Reply