Aug 27, 2009, 05:38 AM
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
Hey Matt!!!! Here ya go buddy!!!! (It's for the 3rd, instead of the 2nd, but it's cool anyway!)

http://shop.aviationmilitary.com/pro...7&categoryId=9
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2009, 06:12 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbm3
Hey Brian-
Yah, the mounts are different, but the stock motors are the same and so the hole patterns are the same. This adapter on ebay doesnt mount to the actual firewall, it mounts to the stock motor plate through the stock motor screw holes. Its more of a spacer really. Does that help any?
Nick and DogFly.... again thanks for the info. Yes that helps. I assume you are saying that the adapters hole pattern works with the hole pattern on the Mustangs mount even though the Mustangs mount is different than the Corsairs and Trojans. Got it. Now, does the cowl still fit using the original screw holes or is there a bit of adjustment needed there as well? Thanks

Bryan
Aug 27, 2009, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-gravity
in a worst case sanario if you lost all control but one control surface and the motor what surface would you pick
The parachute
Aug 27, 2009, 06:57 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild
I'm looking for some opinions on if this would make a good second plane? My current (and first) plane is a PZ Super Cub, which I flew after many hours on simulators. I had no problems flying it, about a dozen flights without anything close to a crash - just a really stable and easy going plane.

Now I'm ready to step up to the next level, and I really like warbirds. I see the T28 suggested a lot as the next step from a trainer, but I like the appearance of the P51 more. It's also $50 cheaper in the BNF version and I have four 1300 mAh 3s lipos from my SC that I could use, so that gives me a lot for not much up front cost.

Is this comparable to the T28 for someone at my level? Also if anyone happens to know, is the battery compartment similar in size to the SC?

I really want a Spektrum compatible BNF as I plan to get a DX6i to use with my E-Flite helis. I originally wanted to get the micro P51 but looks like we're about a month away from that being available and I have a lot of free time over the next few weeks, so I'd like something to enjoy during that time.

Thanks!
Get the T-28D first. I got the P-51 first and dutifully crashed it all to hell. I'm back tracking to the T-28 as soon as the weather clears here.
I have all the parts to repair the Stang for next season.
Aug 27, 2009, 07:06 AM
has any one used the corsair prop with the stock battery how well does that work?
Aug 27, 2009, 08:03 AM
352nd FG Association
[QUOTE=ugly john]
Airframe Bulletin #001

There are reports of elevator hinges on the PZ P-51 BL failing catastrophically in flight. Hinges should be inspected before each flight, however it is unclear if impending failure will be obvious. Recommend an application of hinge tape to the elevator to prevent failure.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I just got my new Gunfighter and it came with tape already installed on the bottom of the elevator at the outer hinges and at the center one. Looks like they are paying attention to the posts here. I am glad they have taken steps to remedy that issue. I am very impressed with all the upgrades they did to the new P-51. I can't wait to get it in the air!

Ooops! Just saw my brother, Moonbeam, already mentioned this.
Aug 27, 2009, 08:58 AM
More jets than a carburetor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeirs
has any one used the corsair prop with the stock battery how well does that work?
Its fine, nearly the same prop anyways.

I am going to put a 12X8 GWS DD prop on mine. Should pull clos to 30 A at WOT.
Aug 27, 2009, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76
Its fine, nearly the same prop anyways.

I am going to put a 12X8 GWS DD prop on mine. Should pull clos to 30 A at WOT.
I was thinking about how much draw on the battery is it than the stock prop
Aug 27, 2009, 09:12 AM
Quote:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1503
Aug 27, 2009, 09:12 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:

I would be more worried about the esc as the stock system pulls 18amps
Aug 27, 2009, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
all-ready have a 30 amp esc in there
Aug 27, 2009, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickbm3
I just reinforced my elevator last night with some thin carbon strips, we'll see how it holds up now! Is your elevator servo stock? i noticed mine doing that for a while, and then after a few flights later it would freeze up in mid flight I replaced it with a karbonite gear hitec servo (hs65 i believe), no problems since. I wouldnt take the chance, just replace it now. Not much you can do without elevator control!
Noticed mine was broken in the middle last night after 12 flights. Tape, retrim, it now has 15 flights on it.
Aug 27, 2009, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias
Nick and DogFly.... again thanks for the info. Yes that helps. I assume you are saying that the adapters hole pattern works with the hole pattern on the Mustangs mount even though the Mustangs mount is different than the Corsairs and Trojans. Got it. Now, does the cowl still fit using the original screw holes or is there a bit of adjustment needed there as well? Thanks

Bryan
Nope, cowl goes back on just fine, no adjustments.
Aug 27, 2009, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic

The stock system does not pull 18 amps. It has an 18 A ESC in it which only implies it probably pulls 18 or under amps.

Tests show that the stock system and stock lipo, it only pulls around 15 amps.

People always assume if something includes a certain ESC, thats how many amps it pulls. Not true at all.

The real question I have is whyt he corsair gets a 30 A esc and the mustang only an 18 A esc. They pull about the same amps stock, corsiar being slightly higher with half an inch more prop and pitch.
Last edited by skydve76; Aug 27, 2009 at 09:58 AM.
Aug 27, 2009, 10:01 AM

Another Landing Gear Mod with Video

Hey Guys,

I just did the "jbrooks01 Landing Gear" mod to my Gunfighter and it works great.

A Big THANKS to JBROOKS01 for your awesome mod instructions!

FLIGHT NOTES:
============
-Didn't use the gear doors. Just want functionality for now, maybe later...

-Used Parkzoen Corsair Main gear just as jbrooks showed in his pics.

-Used a Dubro Tail Gear. It great but NO shock absorption

-I like the main gear a little straighter as in my video. Bent too far forward makes it VERY springy inducing a bouncy landing.

-The Mod does add a little weight and gets a little more nose heavy, but with a few adjustments you'll' get her CG balanced and you can still stunt and climb straight up even on full-stock power train!

All the part numbers are in my video, plus take-offs, landings, and a crash to enjoy with your morning coffee!

My rolling scale take-offs got much smoother and straighter with a little practice, but of course I have no video to back that up. Perhaps this weekend I will film some more if the storms would quit.

Njoy!
-Ken

Landing Gear Mod & Flight PZ P-51 BL Gunfighter (3 min 28 sec)
Last edited by Pheralcat; Aug 27, 2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typos, always typos with me...

Quick Reply