Dec 12, 2019, 11:54 PM
aka ShadowVFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmeok
Is the transmitter that comes with the P-51 any good or should I look into getting a better unit?
It's not the best transmitter out there, but if you're not sure how deep you're going to go into the hobby, it would probably be enough.

I want to take back my statement about the P51 Tx (transmitter) working with the Sport Cub S. The Sport Cub S has some advanced features to help beginners and I think it needs a 3 position switch, which I don't think your transmitter has.

I have three recommendations for you:
1) Use your current Tx and buy the Hobbyzone Sport Cub S BNF and understand that you may not be able to activate SAFE (which is the beginner / panic recovery mode).

2) Buy the Sport Cub S RTF package. This will come with a Tx and battery and charger that will be compatible with your Sport Cub. The downside here is that the Tx that comes in this kit is also not something you can really grow with in this hobby.

2A) or, buy the Hobbyzone Duet RTF (Ready to Fly) package. It's about half the cost, but should still work great as an entry level plane. Same situation applies to this as did the Sport Cub S
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...et-rtf-hbz5300

3) This option assumes you plan to stay in the hobby and grow. I recommend buying a used Dx6 or Dx6e transmitter on Craigslist or Face book Marketplace for ~$100. Then you can buy whatever trainer plane you want and then use this transmitter for future planes as well.

I hope some of this information proves useful to you.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2020, 11:42 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
"This item is no longer available"

farwell little ParkZone Gunfighter Replacement Airframe, you served us well and for that you will be missed
Feb 25, 2020, 02:11 AM
aka ShadowVFX
There goes a classic.
Feb 25, 2020, 08:15 PM
P-51's are my passion
I have 9 airframes they need to last me a longtime.
Feb 25, 2020, 08:55 PM
Old's Cool
Nine! That's dedication to a plane!

Still have mine fitted with a Power 10 and I fly it sparingly. Also have an early Wildcat. The Wildcat is a better "1st warbird" (more docile), but the P51BL is a superior flyer by a good margin.
Feb 25, 2020, 09:43 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
One regular flier on 4S (custom electronics) and a second airframe in the closet. Fantastic flying bird! Love the "Gunner".
Feb 25, 2020, 09:57 PM
They call me Lipo...

Ode to the PZ P-51D "Gunfighter"...

As several others have already said...farewell PZ P-51D Gunfighter....a classic for sure !

Here's mine on display a couple of years ago...:
ParkZone P-51D Mustang "Gunfighter" - THE FIRST SECOND MAIDEN FLIGHT! (12 min 26 sec)

Now we'll have to scour the classifieds...

Feb 25, 2020, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
As several others have already said...farewell PZ P-51D Gunfighter....a classic for sure !

Here's mine on display a couple of years ago...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzBq5NnF3KY&t=

Now we'll have to scour the classifieds...

Now we are reminiscing :-) This was from 5 years ago and she still flies the same (fly her regularly and LOVE it!).

Parkzone P 51 Gunfighter Hopped Up (3 min 36 sec)
Feb 26, 2020, 03:24 PM
Where did that tree come from
Still flying mine. 9 years old. The best Warbird that Parkzone had. Horizon could put them back on the market and they will sale like hotcakes.
Feb 26, 2020, 04:33 PM
Perhaps she’ll be re-introduced with SAFE/AS3X like they did with the Wildcat.

These belly landers are perfect for guys like myself who have access to plenty of wide open grassy areas but not so much pavement.
Feb 26, 2020, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55
Still flying mine. 9 years old. The best Warbird that Parkzone had. Horizon could put them back on the market and they will sale like hotcakes.
Agreed!
Feb 26, 2020, 09:25 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Still rockin' mine, bought new when they came out however long ago that was... since been upgraded with a Power-10 and sometimes when I've feeling particularly excitable, 4S. Horizontal stab was reinforced with CF rod after I noticed it developing a nasty crease at the root on one side. To be expected given I'm flying it 2x or more faster than out-of-the-box. Also, I have plywood plates running along the inside of the fuselage along the full length of the battery compartment, as that part of the fuselage also started to bend under extreme flight loads from the high power configuration. It's still a great plane. It's a surprisingly good flier even at high speed.
Feb 26, 2020, 09:28 PM
They call me Lipo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coptafeel
Perhaps she’ll be re-introduced with SAFE/AS3X like they did with the Wildcat.

These belly landers are perfect for guys like myself who have access to plenty of wide open grassy areas but not so much pavement.
+1 !

THAT would be totally cool if they did, but I'm not holding my breath...
Feb 27, 2020, 07:56 AM
In case they re-introduced it - I'd love to see a different paint scheme on it, something like the red-nosed "Blondie", or a blue nose... Don't care too much about the Gunfighter scheme (but love this simple and rewarding belly-lander)
Feb 28, 2020, 09:15 PM
I think it will be back with AS3X and new scheme. Hopefully sooner than later.

Quick Reply